Ascari laps not counting? From 1st to 16th? PLEASE FIX THIS PD

  • Thread starter Thread starter KevinConway
  • 29 comments
  • 2,877 views
Messages
55
United States
USA
Messages
WINNERS_CIRCLE24
well i want to say this was not my first time happening to me, but this time was the worst, lap 9 of the 10 lap Challenge at Ascari, i went off once or twice in a lap. i come across the line and it puts me back from 1st place to 16th place 2+ minutes behind and not counting the lap cause i went off im guessing?? anyone else have this problem? this is very frustrating and has to be fixed.
 
Happened to me too, I didn't notice right away but my buddy watching pointed it out, luckily I was only starting my second lap.

I think they screwed it up while "fixing" the glitch that people were doing - cutting the whole track.
 
What I think happens with how the game counts laps is that you have to pass through a specified number of invisible "gates" in a particular order in order for a lap to count. This is how GT and Forza manage to count your laps in the overlapping Top Gear test track, for example. This bug here indicates that, in this track, you unintentionally passed through one or more gaps in these "gates" (which should NOT happen in ANY racing game) and the game didn't count your lap as a result. We'll have to wait for a patch to close the gaps.
 
It happened to me once. But it happened when I first drove the track and I didn't know it... went off and I assume it counted as cutting... because I did. I didn't rejoin in the same area as I went off. Hasn't happened since.
 
Yeah, Just happened to me as well. Pretty annoying since I hated Ascari already. "Hey there's a little hill here... Oh wait there was a corner there as well... and a lot of grass... and now a wall"
 
Yeah, Just happened to me as well. Pretty annoying since I hated Ascari already. "Hey there's a little hill here... Oh wait there was a corner there as well... and a lot of grass... and now a wall"

Ascari is one of my least fave tracks. So repetitive and annoying.
 
I'm not sure about the invisible gates. I got put in last while in the lead at Matterhorn on lap 4/5, and like was said it stopped counting my laps. So I had to restart. I never left the track once.

Could only image the rage if that was an endurance race...
 
I guess its their way of saying you got a black flag. Only rule should be that you need to be with 2 wheels on track or within 10 ft. of track before lap becomes invalidated. Honestly without that Willow Springs and Ascari become pointless.
 
I had something like that at Ascari too. Went off the track, got back on and found myself in last place. Passed quite a few other cars but was still listed as being in in last place.

Luckily it was just a 4 lap race so I shrugged my shoulders and restarted.
 
It has happened to me too but my own fault. Another time when I did it I turned around and rejoined at the point I went off and no issue. You only have yourself to blame if this happens! I also noticed if you cut at Apricot Hill you will get a 10 second penalty.


I don't really like the Ascari track, too many blind corners, though I did find it very fun in a Ford RS200 Rally car, the handling on the RS200 is ridiculously good and it has amazing traction, you can really throw it around at Ascari and it really suits the car.
 
I'm not sure about the invisible gates. I got put in last while in the lead at Matterhorn on lap 4/5, and like was said it stopped counting my laps. So I had to restart. I never left the track once.

Could only image the rage if that was an endurance race...
that is where it happened to me, have also had this at matthorn also, seems like with the new tracks this issue is the biggest
 
I've encountered this too, even after patching to v1.02, so it still doesn't appear to have been fixed.
 
Ascari is one of my least fave tracks. So repetitive and annoying.
Wait,if we're going by your logic,every track is repetitive then?
For every track,the first time round it is new and fresh and every lap after that would count as repetition as you're doing the same thing all over again?:odd:
 
Happened to me once in one of those timed races. It was because I missed a turn and instead of getting back on the course where I went off I just said screw it and kept going straight to where the track looped back around. The game didn't like that so it reset me to where I went off. When that lap finished it dropped me to 16th place, even though I was actually still in 1st, but I didn't notice until the end of the race.
 
I don't like the track that much because I still haven't learned it. Maybe I need to spend more time there to learn to like it. It's really not that bad. As for the glitch, it hasn't happened to me yet, mostly because I'm really careful when racing on it and I use the racing line. But it sounds like a huge problem, especially after running almost 10 laps, just to end up in last place.

If there is a track I'm tired of, that's Brands Hatch. I really dislike that track, and the worst is that they abuse it in career mode. I don't care if people jump angry saying that it's a famous track, or real track or whatever. No. The track is awful; especially the small one. The big one is... somewhat okay. Maybe I'm a bit biased towards it because of NFS Shift.
 
I like that laps don't count if you cut or go off track to much, since there are no more invisible walls you have to draw a line somewhere.

Maybe they should add a message or flag if you cross the finish line and the lap did not count to make you aware of.
(Like in free run)

GT6 still allows a lot of cutting in career mode (Monza, Ascari)

Only rule should be that you need to be with 2 wheels on track or within 10 ft. of track before lap becomes invalidated.
That would not be good for race/career IMHO, you would get punished for avoiding a collision or a honest mistake very often.

IRL racing you also don't get a penalty for avoiding a collision or missing a chicane once or twice.

Current system is OK for me, lets you decide how fair you play.
 
I've never had this, but I'll keep an eye out. I go to Ascari regularly, awesome track with a big diversity of corners, I can agree that there are a bit too many blind ones, but once you learn the track they'll become second nature :)
 
Doesn't matter if you do or don't it happens either or.
Like I said it's never happened to me. I've driven Ascari a lot, even done the 10 lap challenge 3 or 4 times and this glitch has never happened to me. I have the disc version, are the people having this issue on the PSN version perhaps?
 
Like I said it's never happened to me. I've driven Ascari a lot, even done the 10 lap challenge 3 or 4 times and this glitch has never happened to me. I have the disc version, are the people having this issue on the PSN version perhaps?

It happens on the disc version also.
 
Like I said it's never happened to me. I've driven Ascari a lot, even done the 10 lap challenge 3 or 4 times and this glitch has never happened to me. I have the disc version, are the people having this issue on the PSN version perhaps?

It happens on both, it's a glitch some people get lucky and dont have to worry about others not so much.
 
had a race at apricot hill, 10 laps, in 9th lap i drove the same exact lap time as in the 8th lap. lap time from 9th didn't appeared on the right, where the last 3 lap times are listed, did the 10th lap and lap time from 9th lap still wouldn't show up (the few seconds till the race results screen appears). there are still some weird things in this game.
 
well i want to say this was not my first time happening to me, but this time was the worst, lap 9 of the 10 lap Challenge at Ascari, i went off once or twice in a lap. i come across the line and it puts me back from 1st place to 16th place 2+ minutes behind and not counting the lap cause i went off im guessing?? anyone else have this problem? this is very frustrating and has to be fixed.
Now PD finally makes the races challenging, and you start whining again? :rolleyes:
 
I find the track itself very confusing. I've always thought you weren't supposed to drive over the solid white lines, yet on Ascari even the AI just plow through the chicanes, hitting me on the rear because I actually slow down :sick:
 
Could only image the rage if that was an endurance race...


That would depend on how long the event is/how far into it are you as well as how often the glitch occurred. It hasn't happened to me yet, despite cutting the chicanes several times :nervous:
 
Dont go off the track and you wont have this problem . LOL
 
Only times this has happened to me is when I've intentionally cut a huge portion of a circuit and the game has reset my car to where it was before I went off roading. Despite that, you can still shortcut your way by an incredible amount and get away with it.

Consider it punishment for cheating and/or poor driving. I don't see anything wrong this "glitch" unless you actually run a super clean lap and it's done it for no reason, otherwise, keep your car on the circuit and you won't get punished. Try that trickery in real life and see how that works out.
 
Only times this has happened to me is when I've intentionally cut a huge portion of a circuit and the game has reset my car to where it was before I went off roading. Despite that, you can still shortcut your way by an incredible amount and get away with it.

Consider it punishment for cheating and/or poor driving. I don't see anything wrong this "glitch" unless you actually run a super clean lap and it's done it for no reason, otherwise, keep your car on the circuit and you won't get punished. Try that trickery in real life and see how that works out.

I never went off track on the Matterhorn once when it happened to me, nor did I hit anyone. I see a lot wrong with it. Though otherwise I agree, because I always try to race clean.
 
Back