Asian/Japanese original S-2 event gold

North Korea
North Korea
Hello guys,

I'm playing the Asian version, which I think is the same as the Japanese version but with Chinese text. No updates done (there aren't any in 2020 haha). Event S-2 is reverse Eiger Nordwand with a Viper and the gold time is 1:12 which I can't even get close to. Golded the rest of the game but this one, I can barely make it to 1:13.

Does anybody have a video of this event? Online videos of S-2 show a completely different event.

Thanks!

I'm only seeing this thread now, so in case you're still in the dark: In the race settings there's a menu where you can choose between Standard and Professional physics. If you're having such difficulties it's probably on Professional, so try setting it to Standard.

By the way, if you don't mind playing in Japanese then there's a physical Spec III release which today is the only way to play the game in its final form. Kind of a P.T. situation. I wish I hadn't deleted the game files all those years ago :indiff:

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for the answer. I'm using standard physics already:D:D
I guess I'm just bad, or... they changed this event quickly after release because it was really ridiculously hard.
I guess I'll take a photo or short video to show what I mean. Seems I'm the only guy playing the vanilla version in 2020:gtpflag:

Hello guys,

I'm playing the Asian version, which I think is the same as the Japanese version but with Chinese text. No updates done (there aren't any in 2020 haha). Event S-2 is reverse Eiger Nordwand with a Viper and the gold time is 1:12 which I can't even get close to. Golded the rest of the game but this one, I can barely make it to 1:13.

Does anybody have a video of this event? Online videos of S-2 show a completely different event.

Thanks!
Does your disc/box say BCJS 30017 on it?

I'm only seeing this thread now, so in case you're still in the dark: In the race settings there's a menu where you can choose between Standard and Professional physics. If you're having such difficulties it's probably on Professional, so try setting it to Standard.

By the way, if you don't mind playing in Japanese then there's a physical Spec III release which today is the only way to play the game in its final form. Kind of a P.T. situation. I wish I hadn't deleted the game files all those years ago :indiff:

s-l640.jpg
Apparently, the red top (modern logo) Greatest Hits version of US GT5P also has Spec 3 in it, I'm told.

No, the Asian version is BCAS-20027 and has Chinese subtitles. The manual screen says "Ver. 1.00.3773435", and that's the latest version (I forgot if there was an update or not).

Here's a few screenshots of the offending event:
- Reverse Eiger Nordwand
- Viper GTS
- 1:12 for gold

20210117_101827.jpg

20210117_101913.jpg

20210117_101954.jpg

Back