Assassin's Creed Origins

prisonermonkeys

Be Fearless
Premium
Peru
Hammerhead Garage
Ubisoft have used E3 to announce the next installment in the Assassin's Creed franchise, Assassin's Creed Origins:

Assassin%27s_Creed_Origins_Cover_Art.png

The game is scheduled for release in October and features heavily revised gameplay including new combat mechanics, parkour and a new RPG-like setup. Tomb raiding is back, and naval combat might be.

No way in hell I am supporting Ubisoft's habit of throwing together materials for a $800 collector's edition that should be worth $100 at most.

I really liked some of the early ACs particularly the Ezio games but my interest in the series has waned since then, at least the combat in this new game looks like it could be deeper and more challenging and RPG-like progression sounds good to me.

The few little clips of gameplay that I've seen haven't blown me away though.

I enjoy the present-day storyline of AC as much as I enjoy the historic stuff, and it's still one of my favourite game series, but after the catastrophe that was AC3 I'm never buying an AC game new again.

Thus far I've been vindicated. Black Flag was a hideous mess, but by the time I got it, it wasn't that bad. Rogue may as well have been an expansion pack for Black Flag, so I can't express how overjoyed I am at not wasting £40 on that. Haven't caught up with Unity or Syndicate yet, but I may do soon.

I'm thus really quite interested in Origins, but I won't be buying it until 2020. A £700 launch edition can absolutely do one too.

That aside, they seem to have replaced Eagle Vision with an actual Eagle, which both ignores where Eagle Vision comes from and is so stunningly literal that I have doubts over the whole narrative.

I really liked some of the early ACs particularly the Ezio games but my interest in the series has waned since then, at least the combat in this new game looks like it could be deeper and more challenging and RPG-like progression sounds good to me.

The few little clips of gameplay that I've seen haven't blown me away though.

i've seen some clips and I don't like the gameplay so far. The combat looks decent - actually looks a bit like For Honor - but it feels like little has changed since Unity. I think the biggest dread for me is the massive amount of repetition and icons on the map, especially question marks.

Haven't caught up with Unity or Syndicate yet, but I may do soon.
To be honest, you're not missing too much. You get a clearer idea of what Abstergo want in the present-day storyline, but the past stories - particularly in Syndicate - were fairly forgettable.

after the catastrophe that was AC3 I'm never buying an AC game new again
The thing that inspires confidence for me is the way Ubisoft deliberately prolonged development. The series used to be on a yearly release cycle, but they deliberately took two years for Origins to "consider the future direction of the franchise". I'm guessing that they weren't too happy with the way things were going and wanted to re-focus.

I think the biggest dread for me is the massive amount of repetition and icons on the map, especially question marks.
Those question marks are probably unexplored locations. Far Cry 4 and Ghost Recon Wildlands are full of them, and it doesn't affect the gameplay.

IMG_3754.JPG
Origins is a keeper for me. Visually stunning on my 65" LG OLED 4K HDR TV from PS4 Pro. The world is huge, without any obvious cloning.

A downside is that my desire to explore has taken me into dangerous territory

Much safer to climb to the top of a pyramid and slide down....

This game is fantastic, They really did the right thing by taking a year off. The change to the RPG model is way better than the previous style. The world is amazing, One of the best open worlds I've ever experienced, And the story has gripped me so far.

I'm level 25 and exploring the pyramids at Giza at the moment, The climb to the top of the great Pyramid was as breathtaking as I had hoped for, A great view of Alexandria to the north and the mountains to the south. :) [spoiler/]

Overall really enjoying it so far, Looking forward to getting to level 40 to try the trails of the gods :)

This game is fantastic, They really did the right thing by taking a year off. The change to the RPG model is way better than the previous style. The world is amazing, One of the best open worlds I've ever experienced, And the story has gripped me so far.

I'm level 25 and exploring the pyramids at Giza at the moment, The climb to the top of the great Pyramid was as breathtaking as I had hoped for, A great view of Alexandria to the north and the mountains to the south. :) [spoiler/]

Overall really enjoying it so far, Looking forward to getting to level 40 to try the trails of the gods :)
I'd never played any of the Assassin's Creed series until Black Flag was on sale in the PS Store for like $9.00 or something. I had been intrigued to the series after seeing the commercials for Origins so I started looking into which game to try out before committing to buying the new one. I was looking into Black Flag before it went on sale but wasn't going to spend $30 on a 4 year old game, so when I saw it on the PS Store I jumped on it.

I really loved it and had planned on pre-ordering Origins but held off instead opting for GTS:LE. My buddy got it though and I gave it a go for about half hour. The map is pretty mesmerizing for sure. I'd say it probably tops my Wish list of games right now, especially after the mess that EA has made with Battlefront 2.

I've played most of them although this is my first since Black Flag. I would recommend this game to anyone.

I'm really surprised more praise hasnt been directed towards Bayek and Aya. I really like them and the relationship they have together. My favorite main character by far since Ezio. Also getting the hang of the combat mechanics now to. I'm level 28 now, Taking longer to get to 40 to try the trails, But I don't mind because I don't really want the game to end.... :lol:

I have it as well, one of my favourite games of the year. You can tell they have taken inspiration from some of the better open-world games of the last 5 years or so.

IMO the combat isn't quite as crisp as Bloodborne, the base infiltration isn't as replayable as it is in MGSV, the exploration isn't quite as good as the Bethesda RPGs and the storytelling isn't on the same level as The Witcher 3 but they've done a great job overall.

Last edited:
I've really enjoyed AC Origins. The size and scope of the game is quite incredible really. Senu (the eagle) ties in really well, so effortless to launch Senu and view from above. Great horseback and camel riding with arrow shooting and sword/spear fighting while seated. Lots of neat touches that some call QoL Quality of Life, like picking up loot easily and getting to where you want to go, speed up time of day. very good menu layout, crafting and skills, I believe it's ripped from Destiny but don't quote me on that, very good though. Fabulous graphics, the desert is very harsh and beautiful with sandstorms. Lots of tombs to explore, unique challenges and secrets to uncover. Also seas, rivers, lush jungle to elaborate architecture settings like Alexandria.

Some of the missions are padding like a lot of big world games, best to not overdo them and spread them out or look what experience and items you can get and skip some if this bothers you. I loved the setting and the character Bayek so I'll be doing them all. Reda is another funny and well done side character.

There's a lot of love put into the game. I don't think it's a typical soulless Ubisoft game at all. Perhaps the main mission ending was wrapped up a bit quickly for my liking, like dev time was running out.

Extremely good value single player game. Very glad to pay full price at launch. I want more games like this.

Screens from PC
38347003422_7cb1104b21_o.jpg

38545638996_a2423928b1_o.jpg

37783700885_62d7dc192e_o.jpg

38545637776_a4309e2db3_o.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished the main story, I can't believe Im saying it but what a masterpiece of a game. The world, Characters, RPG mechanics... I loved every bit of it....

There's one thing I think it missed and that is an upgradable base/house area like Monteriggioni from ACII Or the vineyard in The Witcher 3. It doesn't take away from the game I just like those features in games especially open world ones. Anyway, Loved the game
and looking forward to the DLC's. First of which is The Hidden ones, Hopefully introducing a mechanic like AC Brotherhood where you can save and recruit potential assassin's.
Hopefully building up the hidden ones base in Memphis:)
It says on the official site that it is set multiple years after the main story and is set in a whole new region which is interesting.

Then The Curse Of The Pharaohs. Which is going for more of a mystical approach having gone you fight Undead Pharaohs and having you investigate the curse that brought them back to life.

Completed my first Trail Of The God's aswell taking down Sekhmet. It was fun if a bit too easy. I hope some of the others are a bit more challenging. Still really enjoyed it getting the Sword from the Unubis Gear set. Looking forward to the next one :)

So, My favorite game of the year by some margin. Hope they take the 2 year cycle and stick with it, And please make Aya the main character in a future game!!! :)

Well I guess she was kind of a main character in this game to but I would like to see what she gets up to in Rome after the creation of the Creed and parting of ways with Bayek

Update dropped today. Includes enemy level scaling and the horde mode (among other things)
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.eu...-assassins-creed-origins-gets-3gb-patch-today

Last edited:
Is this game hard?

Ever since ac2 I don't think I have died once.

You could take on twenty guys at once and they would all line up to be killed. Fall of a roof and still survive.

Have they made it challenging or is it still the same?

It is more difficult. I played it normal and it was fine if a tad too easy. I would recommend hard. Although the "Nightmare" difficulty dropped today on the update along with the enemy level scaling so that may be more of what your after.

It's cool that the introduction of the Hordemode had an accompanying quest with it. It was fairly fleshed out aswell :) I was just expecting the mode to be added to the arena and that would be it. Introducing it with the the quest is a way better way of doing it.

Bought this game a couple days ago, I've played it just under 2 hours, so far and I really like it. The open world setting is beautiful and immersive. The combat is fluid and fairly straight forward. The basic movement is very well done too, I love how you can climb basically anything you see and the dodge/evade is on the acrobatic side. The tone and feel of this game reminds me very much of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

Here's some gameplay video, singularly non-violent, and somewhat relaxing to watch.

What do you think?

Back