Assetto Corsa 2 Will be Called "Assetto Corsa Evo", Coming 2024

No vr means the game isn’t worth buying let along caring about mods
No VR means nothing to 98% of console players and 100% of Xbox gamers.

Mods on the other hand are the bigger miss. AC would have sold 100x more on console with mod support. Might have sold 5 or 6 more copies with VR support.

Last edited:
No vr means the game isn’t worth buying let along caring about mods
Alone for the great ffb on wheel and variety of cars it’s a must have on consoles.
And for simulation level and laser scanned tracks , it’s also the money worth now at the price it is on console.
Very little to none sims and racing games have VR support on ps ( only consoles with proper VR Support)

Seems that % of PSVR2 users x %of certain racing games users isn’t enough for benefits of the game studios.

Best platform for VR gaming on racing games is and will stay being PC

Alone for the great ffb on wheel and variety of cars it’s a must have on consoles.
And for simulation level and laser scanned tracks , it’s also the money worth now at the price it is on console.
Very little to none sims and racing games have VR support on ps ( only consoles with proper VR Support)

Seems that % of PSVR2 users x %of certain racing games users isn’t enough for benefits of the game studios.

Best platform for VR gaming on racing games is and will stay being PC
No. It would be a must have if it had those things and vr. Without vr im disappointed to not be able to try it. I am looking forward to hopefully them supporting it in their next release and to try this great ffb people speak of. But must buy? I don’t think so. Nor will i buy any other racing game without vr support. Vr and the dd extreme create a fantastic, immersive environment from which there is no going back.

Car selection is great. But bumper cam kinda homogenizes everything. Nothing like sitting in the cockpit where the movements of the car and wheel come together and make sense.

That said, the announcement is very disappointing. Hopefully they can get it together and release a game ‘soon.’ Really do want to try that famous acc ffb.

Am I missing something? What does this have to do with AC2?
It's more so in the article link than the picture posted. A little exaggeration going on too I'd say. We already know that AC2 was going to get pushed back like they came out and said due to ACC's NorthLoop release. AC2 still has a future and will most likely now be a 2025 release.

It's more so in the article link than the picture posted. A little exaggeration going on too I'd say. We already know that AC2 was going to get pushed back like they came out and said due to ACC's NorthLoop release. AC2 still has a future and will most likely now be a 2025 release.
I've skimmed the entire financial report now - unless I'm missing something I think gamereactor misunderstood it and/or drew the wrong conclusions from it.

505 will not put out any f2p content this financial year (which AC2 isn't) but expects strong revenue in the second half of their FY with new releases well ahead of the end of their FY.

AC2 could still be delayed of course.

Last edited:
I hope it's an exaggeration

No. It would be a must have if it had those things and vr. Without vr im disappointed to not be able to try it. I am looking forward to hopefully them supporting it in their next release and to try this great ffb people speak of. But must buy? I don’t think so. Nor will i buy any other racing game without vr support. Vr and the dd extreme create a fantastic, immersive environment from which there is no going back.

Car selection is great. But bumper cam kinda homogenizes everything. Nothing like sitting in the cockpit where the movements of the car and wheel come together and make sense.

That said, the announcement is very disappointing. Hopefully they can get it together and release a game ‘soon.’ Really do want to try that famous acc ffb.
Well , I think your only racing game will be GT7 then, cause other devs don’t seem to bother with VR only for PS , it is even worse now than in PS4 were more games got certain compatibility (GT sport, driveclub, dirt rally) .

I live VR, but if I wanted only VR I sure would move to PC and certainly don’t stay in console.

For the rest, AC is a must have, even without VR and mods (impossible in console due certification and property rights issues with most mod content )

Well , I think your only racing game will be GT7 then, cause other devs don’t seem to bother with VR only for PS , it is even worse now than in PS4 were more games got certain compatibility (GT sport, driveclub, dirt rally) .

I live VR, but if I wanted only VR I sure would move to PC and certainly don’t stay in console.

For the rest, AC is a must have, even without VR and mods (impossible in console due certification and property rights issues with most mod content )

It is what it is.. and if acc2 releases with vr, and ian bells game gt revival releases with it as well, ill be pretty good. 3 driving games would be more than enough. Honestly, if gt7 would suck less at ffb i wouldn’t even care..its just the oft mentioned ac/acc ffb standard that i’d like to try. That said, ffb feels different to me in vr versus flat. So its not worth getting ac because it will never really be comparable in my hands.

As for pc. Ugh. Work has forced me into all mac’s. So the pc would have to be built exclusively for vr driving/gaming. Not exactly cost effective.

It is what it is.. and if acc2 releases with vr, and ian bells game gt revival releases with it as well, ill be pretty good. 3 driving games would be more than enough. Honestly, if gt7 would suck less at ffb i wouldn’t even care..its just the oft mentioned ac/acc ffb standard that i’d like to try. That said, ffb feels different to me in vr versus flat. So its not worth getting ac because it will never really be comparable in my hands.

As for pc. Ugh. Work has forced me into all mac’s. So the pc would have to be built exclusively for vr driving/gaming. Not exactly cost effective.
AC2 on PC will surely get VR , the GTRiveval of Ian’bell 4straight studio surly will get VR support also on PC as The 2 PCARS games wich are / were on a great level in VR .

On console I really doubt that they will invest in VR compatibility just for one console , simracing is already very “niche” , PSVR2 didn’t sale as Sony wanted, so if from every 10 players 1 got VR it isn’t a good business in console. Game industry isn’t in his best shape right now seeing all studios that get closed and big amounts of developers getting fired.

You sure would enjoy the FFB off AC / ACC , and yes, GT7 FFB is flat, sure VR helps in immersion, but ffb stays what it is.

A PC with a 3060 /3070 gpu you have more than enough to play most simracing games in VR , I understand that if you’re forced to Mac for work it’s an investment only for the hobby.

I personally waited what happened with PSVR2 , I like VR gaming, mostly for racing and flight games, and see that VR in console isn’t worthy after PS4/PS5 PSVR/PSVR2 .

Only Sony Made their racing game in VR, codemasters did compatible PSVR with a payable patch the Dirt rally game, and after that they didn’t even bother anymore to add VR compatibility in F1 and the other dirt games (they are on PC ) … so , like I said, made me think it gives more costs than benefits on console.

Hopefully i get proven wrong one day and I can go for my VR headset for PS , but seeing the VR history on console, I doubt that this day will come.

But if you're serious with sim racing you have no other options.

Vanilla AC for consoles is a great hotlap simulator but it's the mods that take AC to completely new dimension.

ACC is great on newer consoles that run it at 60 fps though. It's a great sim if GT3 and GT2 are your thing.

However... I bought pretty much every single sim racing title when I got my gaming PC. But I only play AC (and some very occasional RBB and ACC). It's an expensive investment for just one game. But it's definitely worth it.

For me it's all about vintage F1 mods. I played Codemasters/EA games religiously on console for years. I tried to play F1 2021 just a while ago after a long break but there's no way going back after AC. Let's be honest... those are pretty games but they have no driving feel.

You can't play proper F1 on consoles. That was my main motivation to make the transfer.

While this might be an April Fools thing, I think it'd be far more suited for a ACC sequel considering the license they have and the cars they usually feature.

While this might be an April Fools thing, I think it'd be far more suited for a ACC sequel considering the license they have and the cars they usually feature.
Doubt it's April Fools. Not much that's funny about "game with different name"

Interesting choice for the name. Maybe this might be like what happened going from Project Cars 2 to Project Cars 3. Not saying that is the way they are going but if Evo doesn't live up to expectations they could say that it they "evolved" to a new direction and it a side project like ACC was. Just thought from me. I guess we have to see what happens

I think its been really quiet about the new ac, and have got me a bit worried, if it turns out to be another acc i Will not bother with it unless their is mod support like the first ac, if there is not then the first ac will remain the most popular of the Sims and i will stay with the first game, mods is what have made ac so good and fun, without it, it would not be what it is today, the new test drive is nothing to look forward to either in my opinion with the route that game headed, so i hope the next ac can deliver, 2024 so far for me has been a bit weak for games and not looking very promising yet,

I think its been really quiet about the new ac, and have got me a bit worried, if it turns out to be another acc i Will not bother with it unless their is mod support like the first ac, if there is not then the first ac will remain the most popular of the Sims and i will stay with the first game, mods is what have made ac so good and fun, without it, it would not be what it is today, the new test drive is nothing to look forward to either in my opinion with the route that game headed, so i hope the next ac can deliver, 2024 so far for me has been a bit weak for games and not looking very promising yet,
Agreed, this year for games looks rather ****. Only thing that REALLY got me excited was Death Stranding 2 and that's not coming out for another 2 years lol sigh...........

I'm waiting for the big DELAY for spit and polish until ETA 2027.
Clearly

Assetto Corsa Evo 2024 Competizione.jpg

I think its been really quiet about the new ac, and have got me a bit worried, if it turns out to be another acc i Will not bother with it unless their is mod support like the first ac, if there is not then the first ac will remain the most popular of the Sims and i will stay with the first game, mods is what have made ac so good and fun, without it, it would not be what it is today
The next AC game - whether called AC2 or ACE - is a sequel to AC and not "another ACC".

We've got a big thread on it, with articles linked into it that include interviews with Marco Massarutto over what AC2 will entail. None of your worries are founded.

Back