Assetto corsa competizione next Gen consoles update news on 12th may 2022

• Thread starter Donnced
  • 5 comments
Spain
valencia
Donnced
180ab10a2e854-screenshotUrl.png

Hello Racers! Sam here, your Assetto Corsa Community Manager and I am so happy to be able to bring you a console update!

Firstly, I want to thank you for your patience when it comes to communication around console issues and updates. I want to take a moment to promise you that the team is working very hard in the background to develop updates and we are listening to your feedback and hearing you. The reason communication has been slower than expected is due to us wanting to confirm things are going ahead before we speak about it publicly.

Below you will find an overview of what is to come for Assetto Corsa Competizione on console over the course of 2022 and there are plenty of improvements and additions to come!

The Next Patch
So how does it all work? Well you may be interested to know that Kunos are not developing the console version of Assetto Corsa Competizione, instead it is a Kunos and 505 Games partner studio called Untold Games who are working very hard behind the scenes, developing the console version even further to improve your experience.

The Untold team are currently working on bringing a preliminary patch to the game on Xbox Series X/S, this is focusing entirely on the back end of Assetto Corsa Competizione that you as racers don’t see, but in order to make sure that every update runs smoothly from here on out we need to have this sorted first. Another perk to this patch is that it will grant our developers hotpatch status, meaning we can bring future updates to Xbox Series X/S much faster. We have already achieved this for PlayStation 5.

This patch is estimated to be live within the next few weeks and whilst it is being tested, the development team will be working on the next steps.

Included in this are adjustments to the multiplayers servers. These changes should help with connection, the migration of statistics between Xbox One/PlayStation 4 and Xbox Series X/S/PlayStation 5, and being able to stay in servers for longer.

What Is Being Changed?
After the initial back end update is live we will swiftly be following up with a much bigger update . This will address some of the issues you have raised to us and will add some tweaks to improve your racing experience.

Here is what has been worked on and fixed in the next major patch, this will be released within the next two months and will greatly improve the in-game experience for users on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. So the information is clear, we’ve broken it down into 3 categories:

Multiplayer:
A number of really positive changes are coming to the multiplayer experience on console. Servers have been greatly improved and their reliability is a key part of this update, meaning you will have longer and more consistent racing sessions, whether this is public or private!

Another improvement to the multiplayer experience is the reliability of data being shown to you. Whether you’re in a private lobby with friends or a public lobby, battling hard out on track, you’ll be receiving everything that is crucial to your race. From viewing valid lap data to knowing with certainty that CP points are being gained when racing in the applicable servers.

Graphics:
Being fast around the race track happens due to a combination of factors. Some of these include being able to see everything that is happening whilst driving, and also includes being able to interpret data and set ups in the correct way. The cars on track now look the way the designers intended, so you can go racing against your opponents and see every car in its full, intended glory!

We’ve also ensured that when the weather makes a change and you find yourself driving at night, in the rain, you can see it properly and understand what is happening, moment by moment out on track.

Alongside this, we’ve made sure that the menus that you’ll be using to set up race sessions and create your car set up work completely as intended.

Other:
Whether you’re racing in multiplayer lobbies or you’ve decided to take up the single player career mode and immerse yourself in one of the brilliant in-game series we have, for example, British GT, we’ve made changes to ensure your experience is much smoother and you can jump back into the race without worrying about a save not working or not being able to get into the car.

We also know that you love to watch back your races and analyse the action! What went wrong? How did I pull off that overtake? Did I get the strategy right? Saving replays after events now isn’t a problem at all. Analyse your shift patterns and maximise your potential to your heart’s content!

Alongside a host of tweaks and adjustments, we hope you’re excited to get back out on the race track in this improved experience! But don’t worry, we aren’t finished with this update, there will be more to come…

What Comes Next?
We all know that version 1.8 is the big one everyone is excited for! The one where the physics change with every car on every corner around every track, and with that you might be thinking: “when will this update come to console?” Well good news, it is coming to Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 and in the next blog we will be discussing when it will be arriving, how much is changing and why it isn’t as simple as a copy and paste from the PC version of the game.

We are already beginning work on the next blog and aim to release this to you by the end of May, we will go into further details around DLC’s coming to Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 and a timeframe of when this is going to happen.

We will be providing more regular updates for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S players so look out for them, we can’t wait to see you out there on the track!

https://acc.505games.com/assetto-corsa-competizione-console-update/

It could end up being August or so before we see 1.8 and then early fall before we get the Challenge cars. But I do appreciate the update.

Last edited:
Sounds like PR nonsense with very little actual information. Yes, we all know the game is good, just be more specific with what's coming in the patch.
A lot of hyperbole there but that's to be expected from a community manager I suppose.

I eagerly await more concrete info.

Sounds like PR nonsense with very little actual information. Yes, we all know the game is good, just be more specific with what's coming in the patch.
A lot of hyperbole there but that's to be expected from a community manager I suppose.

I eagerly await more concrete info.
I agree but it does say more info in their next blog at the end of may. 505 have a digital event soon too. I wonder if we'll head anything about AC2.

Back