Assetto Corsa Competizione Races to Full Release May 29

This game is masterclass in driving physics, driving pleasure, sounds and graphics. Lets hope Kunos will iron out the remaining issues and that ACC will finally get the recognition it deserves. Its so quiet around this title here at GTP its almost scary.

Can't wait for the full release! All the other cars and tracks combined with the weather, physics, sounds and driving experience will put it right up there. Makes it feel strange to go back to GT3 cars on GT Sport after it!

This game is masterclass in driving physics, driving pleasure, sounds and graphics. Lets hope Kunos will iron out the remaining issues and that ACC will finally get the recognition it deserves. Its so quiet around this title here at GTP its almost scary.

I think the majority of folks here are on console, but it's been suprisingly quiet around other sites as well.
Very excited for this and I really hope we'll be able to at least use plug ins such as crew chief.
The stock spotter is putting me to sleep.

I think the majority of folks here are on console, but it's been suprisingly quiet around other sites as well.
Very excited for this and I really hope we'll be able to at least use plug ins such as crew chief.
The stock spotter is putting me to sleep.

I think there's a bit more going on in established groups on Discord etc. Being on PC for now means there will be less talk about it - if they get the console version to play as well then they'll be onto something special.

Game is solid but there’s plenty of good single player racing games. If the online has great matchmaking like iracing and GT Sport I’ll play it. If it’s just lobbies I won’t be interested, you can have great racing in any racing game if you are playing in lobbies.

Even on PC the active player numbers have been low. Interest peaks with each update but then falls off after a week or two. For me ACC has improved a good deal since first EA release, but there is still something missing in the driving experience (naturally others will feel differently). Of course with full release player numbers will certainly increase but it will be interesting to see if AC players make the switch. So far they don't seem to have done so.

Last edited:
low compare to what? ACC already has more players than R3E and about equal to RF2, but yes compare to Forza Horizon, pretty low.:rolleyes:
For a Early Access SIM, I think they are doing quite good.:P

I said "have been low" not "are low". As recently as the beginning of March they have been as low as Automobilista with daily peaks well below 200. As I stated, the pattern with all previous patches is numbers peak after release of a patch, then fall off significantly after a week or two. Patch 0.7 only came out 10 days ago so numbers are up again currently. Time will tell if the pattern of earlier patches is repeated. Maybe its turned a corner. Maybe numbers will halve as they did with the last patch.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    12 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Even on PC the active player numbers have been low. Interest peaks with each update but then falls off after a week or two. For me ACC has improved a good deal since first EA release, but there is still something missing in the driving experience (naturally others will feel differently). Of course with full release player numbers will certainly increase but it will be interesting to see if AC players make the switch. So far they don't seem to have done so.

It's a much more focused sim with only 1 motorsport discipline, so I'm not expecting big numbers here. About the same number as rF2/RRRE/AMS sounds about right. AC being a sandbox game is always going to be more popular, even years from now.

I think we tend to forget that sim racing is a small pie of the whole gaming playerbase, and given the variety of sims on the market today, that slice of pie is always going to get smaller for each game.

It's a much more focused sim with only 1 motorsport discipline, so I'm not expecting big numbers here. About the same number as rF2/RRRE/AMS sounds about right. AC being a sandbox game is always going to be more popular, even years from now.

I think we tend to forget that sim racing is a small pie of the whole gaming playerbase, and given the variety of sims on the market today, that slice of pie is always going to get smaller for each game.

As with earlier posts in the thread I was trying to explain why - quoting from post #2

Its so quiet around this title here at GTP its almost scary.

As I tried to explain above, when I say low, I was referring to the long periods of time when peak player numbers were below 250, which is about 7% of ACs player numbers, and 30% of rF2 player numbers, rather than the numbers on Sunday which were around 80% of rF2s. I think this is one factor why has been so quiet concerning ACC.

It is only one discipline, but it is arguably by far the most popular discipline in sim racing. You would hope that by offering class leading graphics and sound and hopefully physics, laser-scanned tracks, iracing-type ranking and matchmaking (to be confirmed), dynamic track and weather, AI optimised for one kind of car, all for a very competitive price (particularly if bought at the start of EA) you could attract a good player base from aging rivals. If you are looking to buy a new sim in 2019 what else are you going to buy? As a fan of older single discipline titles such as Grand Prix Legends, GT Legends and GTR2, I hope they succeed.

Last edited:
I was watching the Blancpain series on Eurosport the other day and saw a Porsche. I want that Porsche in ACC.

I’ve seen the AI in single player described as being pretty lacklustre and sticking to a fixed line. Has this been improved as I don’t see a reason to get the game if the actual racing is poor?

Will it be for PS 4 at some point for now?

Its clear they want a console version but there is no formal announcement yet. While they probably haven't finished optimization yet, there must be some question mark over whether the current gen of consoles have enough power to run ACC..

Returning to our earlier thoughts on the quietness around ACC in the forum and on Steam. Well I don't know if the forum is any busier but at least the active player numbers (as indicated by Steamcharts) have improved dramatically After sinking to a monthly average of 104 players at any one time in February, for April the numbers have risen to 277. While no doubt adding Monza in March helped, it would appear the improvements in multi-player are perhaps a key reason for the increase.

And the increase doesn't seem to have come at the expense of any other game, not even AC, so it would seem our hobby is still growing.

Returning to our earlier thoughts on the quietness around ACC in the forum and on Steam. Well I don't know if the forum is any busier but at least the active player numbers (as indicated by Steamcharts) have improved dramatically After sinking to a monthly average of 104 players at any one time in February, for April the numbers have risen to 277. While no doubt adding Monza in March helped, it would appear the improvements in multi-player are perhaps a key reason for the increase.

And the increase doesn't seem to have come at the expense of any other game, not even AC, so it would seem our hobby is still growing.

We're also less than a month away from the full release. I suspect a lot of people will be waiting for the full version if they didn't get in Early Access after last price increase.

I'm glad that they've been taking their time instead of trying to rush it out before it's ready and then issue huge patches. There will no doubt be updates, but it should be in a much better state than other titles which have been forced out early by developers.

Really looking forward to it now and can't wait to drive the AMG GT3 around Spa!

We're also less than a month away from the full release. I suspect a lot of people will be waiting for the full version if they didn't get in Early Access after last price increase.

I must admit I am fascinated to see the impact of v1.0 on player numbers. With AC the effect was quite small, but with AC, the EA version was very close to the release version. With the release of a new game with no EA, popularity often peaks in the first month and then declines. With ACC we have something in-between. There won't be quite the excitement of a brand new title as we already have half the game, but equally it won't be almost the non-event AC v1,0 was. I'm sure Spa alone will double player numbers :)

I'm glad that they've been taking their time instead of trying to rush it out before it's ready and then issue huge patches. There will no doubt be updates, but it should be in a much better state than other titles which have been forced out early by developers.

I'm not sure you can compare games released with an EA period with games that don't use EA. With EA we still have to play a buggy game. And given the game is already on sale, there is much less pressure to release v1.0.

Last edited:
Its clear they want a console version but there is no formal announcement yet. While they probably haven't finished optimization yet, there must be some question mark over whether the current gen of consoles have enough power to run ACC..
Thank you.

Back