Assetto Corsa EVO Early Access Discussion Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 1,341 comments
  • 301,424 views
People aren't seriously just looking at 3 cars, are they? What about features, AI, continued physics development? The 3 cars are the least important part about any of these updates at this point.
 
Hype



We have more than three cars, and the sound of the RX-7 seem great.

On the other hand, there's still nothing about the open world.
Not even two or three screenshots.
 
Last edited:
Actually there is something regarding open world in the discord announcement for the Update. Also, big tire update for GT cars:

UPDATED PHYSICS/HANDLING AND TYRE MODEL​

ADDING UP WITH MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS to the Physics, Rendering, Inputs, Bug fixing among many others.​

We want to be upfront: Update 0.9 will not mark the final release of the Early Access Program.Free Roam is still very much on the way and will be part of Assetto Corsa EVO during Early Access.As we move closer to the end of the Early Access Program, we want to take a moment to genuinely thank you for the support you’ve shown throughout this development journey.It hasn’t always been easy, with some challenges along the way, but your patience, feedback, and passion have helped us reach a much stronger place — one where we’re now getting very close to bringing Free Roam to Assetto Corsa EVO.
 
is it me or does the game not have the ability to change gear ratios? or set per-car FFB?
Also the visuals look a bit odd shimmering after the 0.9 update? (probably just me)
 
If you are on an Nvidia card, try forcing preset M and then put DLSS on quality. The image is smoother than FSR 3.1 and performance is about the same (I cap fps at 83). I also noticed that some AI cars do strange things.
 
is it me or does the game not have the ability to change gear ratios? or set per-car FFB?
Also the visuals look a bit odd shimmering after the 0.9 update? (probably just me)
You can assign keys/buttons to per-car FFB.
 
People aren't seriously just looking at 3 cars, are they? What about features, AI, continued physics development? The 3 cars are the least important part about any of these updates at this point.
You're spot on, except for the AI bit. I feel like AI has been completely abandoned / neglected?
 
Last edited:
You're spot on, except for the AI bit. I feel like AI has been completely abandoned / neglected?
They really need to get on that. At least make what we have usable. It's kind of scary that they wouldn't continue updating the AI with each update. Doing any race with AI over ~10 laps is pointless right now.
 
Has anyone tried the Evoforge AC1 to ACE conversion tool? Thoughts?
 
Has anyone tried the Evoforge AC1 to ACE conversion tool? Thoughts?
it works, however imperfect...

Untitled.webp


Tracks take a little fiddliing with some things (I put my new Road America 2000s but had to modify the kn5 for it to pick up a compatable shader)
Both cars and tracks are very hit-and-miss.

examples:
1.webp

2.webp

3.webp

4.webp
 
Last edited:
I've been playing 0.9 a bit. I tried the hotlaps with the RX-7 and M4 GT3 Evo, and both cars are a lot of fun to drive in this release (I'm using a PS5 controller). I possibly agree with GamerMuscle that the throttle and brake are having too much impact on the rotation of the car, but it's hard to say for sure, having never driven either car in real life. Whether it's realistic or not, it's a lot of fun, and the driving experience in FH6, for example, feels very dull by comparison.
 
It still looks great, though! It would be nice to have some of the AC tracks in ACE!Is this something complete non-modders can do, or do you need skills with Blender, etc.?
 
a non modder "could" do a track, but the results may not be optimal.

note: so far there is no way to share a track converted this way unlees they also have Evoforge as it modifies content.kspkg
cars on the otherhand can be shared even if they do not have Evoforge

hope this helps give clarity :)
 
Thanks for the reply! Let's see—I'm finishing up my working life at the end of the month, so I'll have time then (I hope). Maybe I'll give it a try then. The worst that can happen is it goes wrong...
 
I don't know if anyone has already done this—if so, I apologize in advance—but I wanted to highlight these two excellent car mods by Pessio for AC EVO.




 
@RMi_wood I understand, the track cannot be shared yet, but I would love to try your cars, where can I find them.
So far I only have Passio mods in Evo, but I am ready for more.
 
Last edited:
I am looking forward to see the optimisation in the open world.

Maybe not.

I drove the Nordschleife again in an S2000 during a multiplayer track day (alongside F1 cars and other GT3s...) and I found that with the latest update, the FFB has been further refined; they’ve managed to improve it even though it was already top-notch.


That said, I still have a hard time with the sound of quite a few cars—there are a lot of sounds that you hear on so many different cars.

I guess it’s just temporary.
 
I bought F1 2006 mod from some modders, but now I'm afraid to download it bcs Windows and my provider are high alerting me to possible virus page...🤔

EDIT: it's ok, false alarm from my antivirus.
 
Last edited:
Good to see something from the open world it has taken a lot of time,

The proplem for me is that all hype has pretty much died,

And without progression the open world will just not be as fun in my opinion in the longrun, kunos made such big deal about it for a very long time to then just scrap it,

I will give the game a go after it’s finished, but ac Evo has a lot to make up for to live up to,what we was promised. To some extent it feels like I been scammed.
 
Back