AC Time Attack Challenge 2.0 - see post #590 for a link to a Boxing Day event with the Alfa GTA

I have to ask this, to clear my conscience: Does everyone here run with Penalty set to On? I just discovered I have it set to Off, and I feel I went a bit wide at Chapel, before Hangar Straight. I mean, I try to be as honest as possible of course, but sometimes I may be borderline cheating unwillingly. I'll turn it on for the next laps to see if I was within the track limits. And keep it on at all times.

I have to ask this, to clear my conscience: Does everyone here run with Penalty set to On? I just discovered I have it set to Off, and I feel I went a bit wide at Chapel, before Hangar Straight. I mean, I try to be as honest as possible of course, but sometimes I may be borderline cheating unwillingly. I'll turn it on for the next laps to see if I was within the track limits. And keep it on at all times.
I have it set to On all the time. Even with it set to Off though if you go out of track limits surely it wouldn't give you a valid laptime?

I run with penalties on and you can still run very, very wide at Chapel and not get a penalty. Meaning 2 car widths over the white line or at least it seemed that way. I wouldn't worry about it as it's the same for everyone. Thanks for the confession though:)

I have it set to on, best to keep it on. As long as you're not trying to cut the track like say straight line some corners then you have a clear conscience. 👍 Still can't believe in pCARS competitions, they rewarded people who broke the rules time and time again and penalised people who followed their guidance. Probably why I haven't played that game for many months.

I have it set to On all the time. Even with it set to Off though if you go out of track limits surely it wouldn't give you a valid laptime?
Not really sure to be honest. I also don't know the exact track limits/rules. Is it a rule that at least one of your wheels must touch the track at all times? I see them sometimes punishing this in WEC, when both wheels cross the curbs and leave the track, i.e going too wide. Drive-through-penalty, if I remember correctly. And in other competitions they seem to get away with more. Guess I'll have to turn Penalty On and see what happens.

I run with penalties on and you can still run very, very wide at Chapel and not get a penalty. Meaning 2 car widths over the white line or at least it seemed that way. I wouldn't worry about it as it's the same for everyone. Thanks for the confession though:)
Ok, should be quite safe in this particular case then. :)
I had one other "maybe-offence" on the Nurburgring, where I cut the first turn quite severly. I was pretty sure that both my wheels were on the curb, but didn't get penalized for it.

I am 99.9% certain that if you run a lap with Penalties turned OFF, it will not record your lap time even if you beat your previous record by 5 seconds. Therefore, that screenshot that everybody posts to submit a time, well, that screen wouldn't even appear because your best lap time is not being recorded. Because of that, I find it best to always drive with Penalties turned ON. You never know when you might set a fantastic record. Surely you'll want that noted in the game.

9518027rec.PNG

Will maybe try again tomorrow if I have time. Can never seem to get that 2nd corner right.

Now to wait for @Saidur_Ali to come in and post a 1:19 :lol:

Now to wait for @Saidur_Ali to come in and post a 1:19 :lol:
Probably high 1:20s at best as usually quite close these kind of combos but hard to know without trying. Like I said before though I am taking a break from these challenges, quite a good battle this week and really close which is always good to see. 👍

This is a lap I did on this track for the original time attack challenge thread, may help people with lines. First sector was really good on this lap:

Some excellent times this week, well done fellas:tup: This coming week:

J5zTeC9iv6NV6Vxg2XDqVD7RSLoCXNCSKs8XkhstQhFFRxSJ-FypOFmWgOo2AUjxoVrPvP_CuCiWNh7DSNfpN71gO4Gm-Rmi-PiHhPA-z5CzRqiYUY6cvivI82pCfrajuSCrQpQXVKWvA_47h1r-gbAR5-QX_pNRy2lZAOYfuCbyZnNZHoVGTRks2maR194jnSAP6Y67-TNMSy-ijCO9ti-1fYkVtseSWQerLILTj-LUH7Yu6Qu0cwk8jFy_U7OHrCR6fUj9xRZxTH_1SDn_p0VXCYvs3Q6lylirgt6_hsKeBqIepfaonyb6NyDenBHS3kcMBioo_7_PQxwEQK_DninUgqX6NfcJyKXTqZTqz4PPqqlNva5KJRAIge_qW_TxzqpBqUCtFoSQKUxLWXXuc3wN5mooexgIBKpWywvj4MVsoGwZto8Smp7bhMV3ygWc-AjPVcPAaSYVXWvtqPaZokxQv1JHz7YLhgQ4xWYneKEOuFQgJFeNFTSMNEoBpr__Tfk7OLA5qcbOiiNdTqwnXN5IQoDcIMhu30POOg8H0LA=w1874-h728-no
This week's combination brings us the BMW M235i Racing at Imola. I had never driven this car until a couple of days ago when I tested it, but I'd heard good things about it and now I can see why. With 333hp on tap at 1400+kgs, it's not extremely powerful but at the same time it's not overwhelmed with grip either. No racing slicks for this car as it comes equipped with Trofeo slicks and it's very easy to lose the back end cornering and under hard acceleration. Tuning is limited, gear ratios are fixed as is the differential, and there is no adjustable downforce. The car comes with ABS, TC and paddle shifters but of course you can use anything you like. The car seemed pretty good out of the box so you may not require any tuning this week.

I like the sound of this combo :) will give it a go tonight once the kids go to bed.

Edit: Maybe not, we have pretty intense thunder and lightning at the moment. I like to keep my gaming computer unplugged when we have weather like this. I'm an electrician and I have the parts to install surge arresters in my switchboard but yeah... haven't got around to it yet!

Edit again: Storm passed, got a quick couple of laps in. Plenty of time left in this I feel but it'll do for tonight. Stock everything except fuel. Can't maintain tire temps, they just go cold straight away, what should I be doing in that instance or am I just not pushing them hard enough?

Imola%202_05_926_zpsqegtkmdb.jpg

Oh, and now that I have ACTI working properly I thought I would start posting my telemetry file from the lap I post, mainly ***** and giggles but also for if anyone with Motec i2 (its free) and spare time wants to have a look and maybe give me a couple of pointers on my driving technique.

Attachments

• Imola 2_05_926.zip
    124.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Some excellent times this week, well done fellas:tup: This coming week:

J5zTeC9iv6NV6Vxg2XDqVD7RSLoCXNCSKs8XkhstQhFFRxSJ-FypOFmWgOo2AUjxoVrPvP_CuCiWNh7DSNfpN71gO4Gm-Rmi-PiHhPA-z5CzRqiYUY6cvivI82pCfrajuSCrQpQXVKWvA_47h1r-gbAR5-QX_pNRy2lZAOYfuCbyZnNZHoVGTRks2maR194jnSAP6Y67-TNMSy-ijCO9ti-1fYkVtseSWQerLILTj-LUH7Yu6Qu0cwk8jFy_U7OHrCR6fUj9xRZxTH_1SDn_p0VXCYvs3Q6lylirgt6_hsKeBqIepfaonyb6NyDenBHS3kcMBioo_7_PQxwEQK_DninUgqX6NfcJyKXTqZTqz4PPqqlNva5KJRAIge_qW_TxzqpBqUCtFoSQKUxLWXXuc3wN5mooexgIBKpWywvj4MVsoGwZto8Smp7bhMV3ygWc-AjPVcPAaSYVXWvtqPaZokxQv1JHz7YLhgQ4xWYneKEOuFQgJFeNFTSMNEoBpr__Tfk7OLA5qcbOiiNdTqwnXN5IQoDcIMhu30POOg8H0LA=w1874-h728-no
This week's combination brings us the BMW M235i Racing at Imola. I had never driven this car until a couple of days ago when I tested it, but I'd heard good things about it and now I can see why. With 333hp on tap at 1400+kgs, it's not extremely powerful but at the same time it's not overwhelmed with grip either. No racing slicks for this car as it comes equipped with Trofeo slicks and it's very easy to lose the back end cornering and under hard acceleration. Tuning is limited, gear ratios are fixed as is the differential, and there is no adjustable downforce. The car comes with ABS, TC and paddle shifters but of course you can use anything you like. The car seemed pretty good out of the box so you may not require any tuning this week.
Looks like a really fun combo! Will give it a try this weekend. By the way are the standings not updated or is it just me?

Looks like a really fun combo! Will give it a try this weekend. By the way are the standings not updated or is it just me?
Not updated yet. Normally I'd do it last night but had to go out to work near midnight and then up early.:( Should be done later today. I think things have tightened up a bit in the standings.

Not updated yet. Normally I'd do it last night but had to go out to work near midnight and then up early.:( Should be done later today. I think things have tightened up a bit in the standings.
If there was only a separate Bernie's medal standings too. :lol:

Well done @Brindle on winning last event and also welcome to :gtpflag:.

Current Standings

88 - Aderrrm
71 - Johnnypenso
69 - Harry6784
63 - Alexd1345
58 - Brindle
55 - jimipitbull
51 - Wiz
49 - RacingPanda
40 - Saidur_Ali
38 - Sureboss
26 - Ettick
26 - Chris123
21 - Stiggy
20 - Whitestar
19 - ECGadget
19 - Punknoodle
19 - fatkrakr
16 - Gravitron
12 - s2173
10 - brian wolf
8 - JvM
5 - KraylonV
5 - Kurei
4 - ALB123
1 - TheKitten
1 - Ramalhinho91

Note: Stiggy's points were off last week, now corrected and a small correction for several others whom he displaced by 1 point.

For the stats minded, here is the accumulated time for those that have competed in all events so far:

08:39.26 - Aderrrm
08:43.08 - Johnnypenso
08:43.23 - Harry6784
08:44.66 - Alexd1345
08:46.07 - jimipitbull
08:47.38 - Wiz
08:50.48 - Sureboss
08:55.53 - Punknoodle
08:55.55 - Whitestar
08:57.71 - ECGadget
08:59.59 - brian wolf

Last edited: