Assetto Corsa: Wishlists

• Thread starter j n21t4
  • 21 comments

Which is more important to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Believe it or not, I chose Cars. Being on the PC platform, I have several hundred cars and several hundred tracks, but I think it's much harder to create realistic cars using data unavailable to the general public. If a mod track is 15cm wider here or 12cm narrower there and this incline is 2 degrees too steep and this corner needs to be banked off-camber a few more degrees, I can live with that and be totally happy...because frankly, I would never know it wasn't 100% perfect unless someone told me. I've never driven on any official AC tracks, so I can't point out inaccuracies. With cars, however, it's easy (if you know what you're doing) to measure and find out, Hey! This car's wheelbase is 14cm too short! Or, 5th gear is using the wrong ratio, or this car is reporting 350hp whereas the real version of that car only puts out 310 according to the manufacturer. If a car has incorrect specifications it is very easy to tell...and like I said, there are quite a few cars that Kunos have made which include "stuff" you or I could never put into our own mod car of that model because you and I aren't privy to the information in the first place.

If I were a console player, I'd probably go with Tracks...Maybe.

Believe it or not, I chose Cars. Being on the PC platform, I have several hundred cars and several hundred tracks, but I think it's much harder to create realistic cars using data unavailable to the general public. If a mod track is 15cm wider here or 12cm narrower there and this incline is 2 degrees too steep and this corner needs to be banked off-camber a few more degrees, I can live with that and be totally happy...because frankly, I would never know it wasn't 100% perfect unless someone told me. I've never driven on any official AC tracks, so I can't point out inaccuracies. With cars, however, it's easy (if you know what you're doing) to measure and find out, Hey! This car's wheelbase is 14cm too short! Or, 5th gear is using the wrong ratio, or this car is reporting 350hp whereas the real version of that car only puts out 310 according to the manufacturer. If a car has incorrect specifications it is very easy to tell...and like I said, there are quite a few cars that Kunos have made which include "stuff" you or I could never put into our own mod car of that model because you and I aren't privy to the information in the first place.

If I were a console player, I'd probably go with Tracks...Maybe.

That’s a good point. I can already tell that Kunos got the stats of the Holy Trinity hypercars wrong, because the 918 Spyder has 887bhp and the LaFerrari has 963bhp. But the P1 has 903bhp, which is correct. The Porsche is supposed to have 875bhp, and 950bhp for the Ferrari.

Also, the 458 Italia weighs over 1550kg in game, when it weighs 1485kg in reality, and the P1 weighs 1460kg in game, when it weighs 1490kg in reality.

I'm too tired to look up car weight's and such... I'll take you at your word - I can't see why you would fabricate such little things, but are you considering that Kunos calculates a fixed weight for a driver and also weight of the fuel sitting in the gas tank? I can't remember exactly what the driver's weight is - perhaps someone will remember.

I'm too tired to look up car weight's and such... I'll take you at your word - I can't see why you would fabricate such little things, but are you considering that Kunos calculates a fixed weight for a driver and also weight of the fuel sitting in the gas tank? I can't remember exactly what the driver's weight is - perhaps someone will remember.

Some cars use their dry weight, some use their curb, and some use weights that are completely wrong.

Dry - Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce, 488 GTB, 812 Superfast, Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera

Curb - 918 Spyder Weissach Package

Wrong - 458 Italia, P1

Also, the 458 Italia weighs over 1550kg in game, when it weighs 1485kg in reality, and the P1 weighs 1460kg in game, when it weighs 1490kg in reality.

Just googling it comes up with 1,565kg. Where is your apparently correct 1,485kg from, have you weighed one?

The weight will vary depending on options fitted, wheels, tyres, brakes, fuel load etc. You sure it's not just that the 1,485 you've read isn't wrong?

My car is listed absolutely everywhere online as 1,677kg kerb/curb weight (ie with 75kg driver/fluids) . I've removed at least 50kg of weight from it, had it corner weighed with full fluids and fuel and no driver, it came out at 1,685kg despite the apparent weight saving...

The 1,677 figure is presumably a dry weight, but quite possibly just nonsense lol

Those differences in power figures look a lot like PS / BHP differences, it's not just a units thing?

To remain vaguely on topic, as a pc player I voted cars for exactly the reason described above.

That’s a good point. I can already tell that Kunos got the stats of the Holy Trinity hypercars wrong, because the 918 Spyder has 887bhp and the LaFerrari has 963bhp. But the P1 has 903bhp, which is correct. The Porsche is supposed to have 875bhp, and 950bhp for the Ferrari.

As already pointed out, Kunos weight includes drivers weight. Also if you weighed those real cars, customers cars, they would probably have different weight figures to the manufactures claims. As for the power, Kunos don't measure the power from the wheel. There power and weight figures aren't just selected from a brochure but measured by themselves.

Just googling it comes up with 1,565kg. Where is your apparently correct 1,485kg from, have you weighed one?

The weight will vary depending on options fitted, wheels, tyres, brakes, fuel load etc. You sure it's not just that the 1,485 you've read isn't wrong?

My car is listed absolutely everywhere online as 1,677kg kerb/curb weight (ie with 75kg driver/fluids) . I've removed at least 50kg of weight from it, had it corner weighed with full fluids and fuel and no driver, it came out at 1,685kg despite the apparent weight saving...

The 1,677 figure is presumably a dry weight, but quite possibly just nonsense lol

Those differences in power figures look a lot like PS / BHP differences, it's not just a units thing?

To remain vaguely on topic, as a pc player I voted cars for exactly the reason described above.

Ferrari claims dry weight is 1380kg and curb weight is 1485kg with weight saving options. Ferrari cars, apart from the hybrids, have a 105kg difference between the curb weight and dry weight.

E.g. (dry/curb) (kg)
Ferrari 458 Italia (1380/1485)
Ferrari 488 GTB (1370/1475)
Ferrari 458 Speciale (1290/1395)
Ferrari F12berlinetta (1525/1630)
Ferrari F12tdf (1415/1520)

...you get the picture

And either way, you can’t weigh the 458 Italia curb, but the 488 GTB and 812 Superfast dry. The 812 is basically lighter than the 458 in game. That makes performance inaccurate, which is my point.

As already pointed out, Kunos weight includes drivers weight. Also if you weighed those real cars, customers cars, they would probably have different weight figures to the manufactures claims. As for the power, Kunos don't measure the power from the wheel. There power and weight figures aren't just selected from a brochure but measured by themselves.

My point is that all weights and other statistics should be measured in the same way. You can’t use dry for some, curb for others, and curb + driver for the rest. Like you can’t use ps figures for some and bhp for the others.

Example:

Reality:
918 Spyder Weissach Package (875bhp)
P1 (903bhp)
LaFerrari (950bhp)

In-game:
918 Spyder Weissach Package (887bhp)
P1 (903bhp)
LaFerrari (963bhp)

The extra figures could make some difference. Maybe not a significant one but it is still important.

My point is that all weights and other statistics should be measured in the same way. You can’t use dry for some, curb for others, and curb + driver for the rest. Like you can’t use ps figures for some and bhp for the others.

Example:

Reality:
P1 (903bhp)
LaFerrari (950bhp)

In-game:
P1 (903bhp)
LaFerrari (963bhp)

The extra figures could make some difference. Maybe not a significant one but it is still important.
Agree, but we don't know if they did weigh some dry or not. Wow for the Alfa 33 lets say, a museum piece, Kunos aren't in a position to fill it with liquids to match how they've measured every other car if they had done it that way. That would be the case for more than one car. The reality is you will not get a 100% correct answer without asking this question on the AC forum or directly messaging Aris.

Agree, but we don't know if they did weigh some dry or not. Wow for the Alfa 33 lets say, a museum piece, Kunos aren't in a position to fill it with liquids to match how they've measured every other car if they had done it that way. That would be the case for more than one car. The reality is you will not get a 100% correct answer without asking this question on the AC forum or directly messaging Aris.

But they used the claim. Check. The Aventador Superveloce and 812 Superfast have a dry weight claim of 1525kg, and that’s how much they weigh in-game. And Car and Driver weighed the LP700-4 at over 1800kg with fluids. The Aventador Superveloce is only 50kg lighter. And ironically, unlike McLaren and Ferrari who advertise both dry and curb on their website, Lamborghini only advertise the dry.

Yes you can’t say for sure, and maybe some cars were hard to get, but the ones you did get would need to be weighed the same or just use a similar statistic for all. The 488 GTB is 10kg lighter than the 458 Italia. In game, it is 195kg lighter. These things actually make a difference.

Keep in mind, the Car & Driver test of the Aventador was with the US model which is 100kg heavier than the Euro model (if my memory is correct).

Car weights in AC:

The Aventador SV is 1650kg with driver but NO FUEL.
The Ferrari 812 Superfast (best name ever) is 1705kg with driver but NO FUEL.
The Ferrari 458 Italia is 1578 kg with driver but NO FUEL.
The Ferrari 488 GTB is 1553kg with driver but NO FUEL.

I don't know where you are getting 195kg difference @j n21t4 but that's simply not true at all.

EDIT: The figures I posted above come directly from the car's physics files so there is no confusion...what I've posted it what the weight of those cars is when calculating physics performance.

Keep in mind, the Car & Driver test of the Aventador was with the US model which is 100kg heavier than the Euro model (if my memory is correct).

Car weights in AC:

The Aventador SV is 1650kg with driver but NO FUEL.
The Ferrari 812 Superfast (best name ever) is 1705kg with driver but NO FUEL.
The Ferrari 458 Italia is 1578 kg with driver but NO FUEL.
The Ferrari 488 GTB is 1553kg with driver but NO FUEL.

I don't know where you are getting 195kg difference @j n21t4 but that's simply not true at all.

EDIT: The figures I posted above come directly from the car's physics files so there is no confusion...what I've posted it what the weight of those cars is when calculating physics performance.

On PlayStation 4, it states that the 488 GTB weighs 1370kg, but the 458 Italia weighs 1565kg. And we obviously can’t change that, as we can’t mod.

On PlayStation 4, it states that the 488 GTB weighs 1370kg, but the 458 Italia weighs 1565kg. And we obviously can’t change that, as we can’t mod.
It says the same on the PC version when you're looking at the car's information, but the weight that is actually being used by the physics engine on PS4, XBox & PC is what I listed in my previous post. I can't give you a good answer why there is a discrepancy...I can just tell you what the data files behind the scenes contain.

Example:

Reality:
P1 (903bhp)
LaFerrari (950bhp)

In-game:
P1 (903bhp)
LaFerrari (963bhp)

Umh, that's strange. Could be just a simple conversion mistake/confusion between CV and BHP with no impact on performance (963cv = 950bhp)?

Umh, that's strange. Could be just a simple conversion mistake/confusion between CV and BHP with no impact on performance (963cv = 950bhp)?

Yeah, 963cv / 963ps = 950bhp. But someone mentioned that in the files it’s actually different. So don’t really know what’s going on there.

On PS4, I'd like to add a simple touch that I really would enjoy.

Home screen with our stats.

1) Mileage total.
2) Online/Offline play hours.
3) Leaderboard compared to friends.
4) Ability to change our racing number.

I'm logging 3 hours a day on average, would be nice to see some total stats on my gameplay.

Last edited:
On PS4, I'd like to add a simple touch that I really would enjoy.

Home screen with our stats.

1) Mileage total.
2) Online/Offline play hours.
3) Leaderboard compared to friends.
5) Ability to change our racing number.

I'm logging 3 hours a day on average, would be nice to see some total stats on my gameplay.
That's another difference between platforms. On PC we don't pick or get assigned a number - but I'm sure that's because of the limitless possibilities we have as far as Skins go. You skipped #4... :sly:

That's another difference between platforms. On PC we don't pick or get assigned a number - but I'm sure that's because of the limitless possibilities we have as far as Skins go. You skipped #4... :sly:

I sure did.
We'll just say #4 was reserved. :)

Glad to see the S2000 is on the list. I'd add a race version as well.

To take advantage of the multi-class option in Custom Championships:

- 2018 Honda Civic Type-R TCR
- 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR
- 2017 Audi RS 3 LMS TCR
- 2015 Subaru WRX STI Super Taikyu(ST-2)
- 2015 Honda Fit 3 RS Super Taikyu(ST-5)
- 2012 Nissan 370Z GT4 Nismo RJN Motorsport

Last edited:
I'm quoting myself because I technically was incorrect about this capability. If you are using Content Manager you can assign specific liveries, specific driver's names that you've made up yourself, specific numbers, etc.

I still don't think those capabilities exist in the base Assetto Corsa on PC.

Back