Assist Settings for new GT player

HasjKetchum

Premium
Netherlands
Netherlands
ElJefe0164
Hello everyone,

I’ve already put some hours into GT7, i’m currently at WTC 600 Championship (café menu book 33) but after some reading online, including this forum, i have a feeling that i could drive better with some assist settings off… at the moment i’m using all of the assist settings to the max except for the Auto Drive, which is turned off. I play on the easy difficulty. I’m new to GT and driving with a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT. All tips are welcome ;)

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I’ve already put some hours into GT7, i’m currently at WTC 600 Championship (café menu book 33) but after some reading online, including this forum, i have a feeling that i could drive better with some assist settings off… at the moment i’m using all of the assist settings to the max except for the Auto Drive, which is turned off. I play on the easy setting. I’m new to GT and driving with a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT. All tips are welcome ;)
You're using a wheel, you don't need all the assists. ABS on, TCS to suit. That's all you need.

You're using a wheel, you don't need all the assists. ABS on, TCS to suit. That's all you need.
How about Driving Line Assistance, Braking Indicator, Braking Area? And what is a good TCS starting point? Thanks for you’re reply!

How about Driving Line Assistance, Braking Indicator, Braking Area? And what is a good TCS starting point? Thanks for you’re reply!
I find the driving line distracting but the indicators help you to learn the tracks, especially if there are blind turns all over the place. Same with the Braking aids, I like the indicator but the Braking Area, whilst I found it could be pretty handy during the first play around, again was distracting.

As for TCS, most FF and 4WD I find comfortable enough with none, but 1 helps a little with the FF cars to launch from a grid start. For most of the RWD cars 1 should be fine, but the more powerful cars 2 seems like a good balance and 3 seems to work well in the wet.

:cheers:

I find the driving line distracting but the indicators help you to learn the tracks, especially if there are blind turns all over the place. Same with the Braking aids, I like the indicator but the Braking Area, whilst I found it could be pretty handy during the first play around, again was distracting.

As for TCS, most FF and 4WD I find comfortable enough with none, but 1 helps a little with the FF cars to launch from a grid start. For most of the RWD cars 1 should be fine, but the more powerful cars 2 seems like a good balance and 3 seems to work well in the wet.

:cheers:
Most of the times i’ll be driving FR, RR or 4WD. Think i’m gonna start at TC 3 and work my way up. Getting used to the feeling first. Thanks!

I was just talking about the driving control assistance options. You can leave the ones you mention on until you know the tracks.

TCS depends on the car and tyres, but go with what @Thorin Cain said.

Turn them all off imo apart from abs. Maybe nudge TCS on 1 if really struggling, but if racing against cpu, doesn't matter if slower at first. I sometimes toggle tcs on, but turn it off right away, as can feel difference in how car handles, prefer a little more rawness and feels quicker without it imo. May have to retrain slightly at first, can't be as quick on throttle, but you quickly get used to it.

I found the line, breaking zone, brake indicator sort of distracting and makes yiu lazy imo. You just become fixated on them which spoils immersion imo. It's like you're a robot following commands, so become detached a bit from racing/enjoying cars/race.

Gear does indicator gives yiu enough warning of when to slow, although sometimes tad too late.

But once you've done a few laps you kind of learn the track anyway. Even if you lose a few times. But puts you in better stead long term imo and overall enjoyment.

Last edited:
As others mentioned, ABS to weak. Traction is sort of personal preference but there is a trick. Rally is of course 0, but most other cars I think perform best at 1. There are cars that I'll run at 2. But here's the trick- if you find yourself needing more than 1 TCS, the more prudent solution might be to decrease the acceleration/initial LSD settings. It accomplishes usually effectively the same thing as more traction control but with the added benefit of usually reducing you PP so you have more room to reduce weight or add power. I only go up to higher than 1 after I've already gotten down to 5 on the acceleration/initial LSD settings

Track indicators will teach you how to follow a line, not necessarily teach you how to race the track. Learn to race without them for a better, more immersive experience.

As for car assists, leave ABS on and traction control. Adjust TC as you see fit, depending on car and track.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for all the advice/tips! At the moment i’m learning to drive without any assists except for the ABS and TC on 1. It’s a whole different experience indeed, this is positively :)

B80
Turn them all off imo apart from abs. Maybe nudge TCS on 1 if really struggling, but if racing against cpu, doesn't matter if slower at first. I sometimes toggle tcs on, but turn it off right away, as can feel difference in how car handles, prefer a little more rawness and feels quicker without it imo. May have to retrain slightly at first, can't be as quick on throttle, but you quickly get used to it.

I found the line, breaking zone, brake indicator sort of distracting and makes yiu lazy imo. You just become fixated on them which spoils immersion imo. It's like you're a robot following commands, so become detached a bit from racing/enjoying cars/race.

Gear does indicator gives yiu enough warning of when to slow, although sometimes tad too late.

But once you've done a few laps you kind of learn the track anyway. Even if you lose a few times. But puts you in better stead long term imo and overall enjoyment.
Agreed., You’ll learn quicker with no assists. The apex and turn in markers are good to start off but unless it’s a car like supercharged Corvette with stupid torque keep away from assists tcs and such.

Last edited:
Edit: i’m playing on normal (1 pepper) instead of easy.

I’m currently driving with ABS and Corner Indicators on, everything else is off. Thanks for the tips! It really makes the game more realistic and fun to play.

Back