Assistance with the LSD

• Thread starter danlimski
  • 11 comments
Canada
At home
danlimski
Hi all. I was just wondering if there has been a change to the LSD settings at all with GT6. It seems that the cars now seem a little bit different.

I know it could be me and my driving habits (I have not discounted that). But if its possible for someone who drives better than I do to try out an old tune they own and post the results.

Much appreciated, thanks, Dan.

We are on v1.22 for a while now. You can be sure that handling has not changed out of the blue without a game update.

The handling of cars (or the effect of changing settings) certainly changed with one or more of the updates. To pin point the changes to LSD though is a little more difficult. The typical way many tuners set their LSD has not changed as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
We are on v1.22 for a while now. You can be sure that handling has not changed out of the blue without a game update.

The handling of cars (or the effect of changing settings) certainly changed with one or more of the updates. To pin point the changes to LSD though is a little more difficult. The typical way many tuners set their LSD has not changed as far as I can tell.

I understand that we have been on v1.22 for a while now too. I thought I'd present this question to the forum after some tuners and/or drivers have driven around already. It's more of fact finding that I am after rather than comparing versions.

Dan.

I agree with @MrGrado. I havn't changed the style that I tune my LSD, I still use the basic 5/10/5 (15 on MR), to start and adjust to get the car to rotate well but not spin and not get loose under braking.
I think some other changes were made to the game in one of the previous patches in regards to grip levels so that affects the LSD due to how to tune it, but actually changing the LSD no i don't think that has happened.

I agree with @MrGrado. I havn't changed the style that I tune my LSD, I still use the basic 5/10/5 (15 on MR), to start and adjust to get the car to rotate well but not spin and not get loose under braking.
I think some other changes were made to the game in one of the previous patches in regards to grip levels so that affects the LSD due to how to tune it, but actually changing the LSD no i don't think that has happened.

Grip levels eh ... I wonder now if I have been going at this wrongly. Maybe LSD is not the 'culprit' that the tunes feel slightly different.

Dan.

Grip levels eh ... I wonder now if I have been going at this wrongly. Maybe LSD is not the 'culprit' that the tunes feel slightly different.

Dan.
Thats my opinion. I have no solid proof, other than cars from pre 1.08 don't work quite as well as the post 1.08 cars, even the 0/0 camber cars

LSD function hasn't changed since release and as far as I can remember it was exactly the same in GT5. If you alter your engine parts in a way that alters the power curves or you change your gearing then you might notice the characteristics of the LSD change but they will be slight unless you've set it up wrong in the first place

LSD function hasn't changed since release and as far as I can remember it was exactly the same in GT5. If you alter your engine parts in a way that alters the power curves or you change your gearing then you might notice the characteristics of the LSD change but they will be slight unless you've set it up wrong in the first place
Direct change will happen between different clutches, not "slight" not "wrong", so many setup their LSD's here really "wingwing".

Direct change will happen between different clutches, not "slight" not "wrong", so many setup their LSD's here really "wingwing".
I agree that a clutch type change can also have a slight effect on the LSD

not "slight" not "wrong", so many setup their LSD's here really "wingwing".

I don't understand what you're trying to say here?

I can confirm. around a year back I remember a sudden change in grip levels in an update. I tried various cars and there was a significant change. CS tyres no longer had insane grip levels and actually felt more like the average of CM and SH, whereas before the update I found SH tyre having really high grip and CS, for comparison felt like the current SH tyre, which was really difficult to drift aswell. took me a while to get used to the new grip levels but, worth it

Back