Assists

• Thread starter Grogley
  • 10 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Do turning off all assists make people faster? when i played F1 you had to turn them all off to be remotely good. But in GTS i have tested it and i dont seem to be any quicker, im not talking about like driver assist im talkin ABS on, TCS on, Counter steering Week, Stability Control On, Automatic Gears. With them all on i can do the same times as with all off. What about you guys............

TCS will always make you slower but it will also make you more consistent in races. Stability will slow you loads if you leave it on. Both of these can be replaced by careful driving and practice (also a good lsd setup).

Counter Steering will likely make you faster as it can keep you wheels pointing the right direction and reduce scrubbing.

Auto gears will not change much for beginners but you can add a lot of stability and speed control to the car in manual. You can also use engine braking to cut a bit off you braking distance.
- Auto clutch will slow non-native semi-auto (~N200-400) cars as the my granny could change gear quicker

My setup for races is usually
ABS: weak
TCS: 1-2 (race); 0-1 (quali)
Counter steer: strong
Stab Ctrl: off
Gears: M
Clutch: M (~N200); A (everything else)

TCS will always make you slower but it will also make you more consistent in races. Stability will slow you loads if you leave it on. Both of these can be replaced by careful driving and practice (also a good lsd setup).

Counter Steering will likely make you faster as it can keep you wheels pointing the right direction and reduce scrubbing.

Auto gears will not change much for beginners but you can add a lot of stability and speed control to the car in manual. You can also use engine braking to cut a bit off you braking distance.
- Auto clutch will slow non-native semi-auto (~N200-400) cars as the my granny could change gear quicker

My setup for races is usually
ABS: weak
TCS: 1-2 (race); 0-1 (quali)
Counter steer: strong
Stab Ctrl: off
Gears: M
Clutch: M (~N200); A (everything else)

thanks for the response however, the clutch problem, i use a remote

TCS on is definitely not slower. Especially around a circuit with complex slow corners like Nurb GP. The first section with challenging 1st/2nd gear throttle in a Gr3 car is quite demanding with TCS off. Add into the mix some tire wear, then you are really stepping up to a challenge.

With TCS on, the same Nurb GP circuit can be approached without much thought. Just hammer it, in every corner, and the car will find traction. The only effort is in keeping the car on a fast line to take full advantage of traction.

TCS on/off is a personal choice. I lean towards off, purely because it provides me the enjoyment of car control. If curious about TCS on overall speed, I suggest trying the Nurb GP circuit training under career mode and you will see how TCS ultimately makes.

TCS on is definitely not slower. Especially around a circuit with complex slow corners like Nurb GP. The first section with challenging 1st/2nd gear throttle in a Gr3 car is quite demanding with TCS off. Add into the mix some tire wear, then you are really stepping up to a challenge.

With TCS on, the same Nurb GP circuit can be approached without much thought. Just hammer it, in every corner, and the car will find traction. The only effort is in keeping the car on a fast line to take full advantage of traction.

TCS on/off is a personal choice. I lean towards off, purely because it provides me the enjoyment of car control. If curious about TCS on overall speed, I suggest trying the Nurb GP circuit training under career mode and you will see how TCS ultimately makes.

In the sense of your not going to spin as easy yes, TCS will be much faster over a long race especially with tyre wear active. Doing a online race without it is suicide.

But in the case of a fastest lap time it will slow you down and you will gain quite a bit of time turning it off with a careful foot and you gain a lot of car control without it (Pro drivers steer with their feet).

tldr: Turn it off for high risk high reward.

I forget, which assist smooths out steering inputs? I feel twitchier on my DS4 than I did in the Beta and I think it's because I haven't addressed it in the settings.

In the sense of your not going to spin as easy yes, TCS will be much faster over a long race especially with tyre wear active. Doing a online race without it is suicide.

But in the case of a fastest lap time it will slow you down and you will gain quite a bit of time turning it off with a careful foot and you gain a lot of car control without it (Pro drivers steer with their feet).

tldr: Turn it off for high risk high reward.

What you state is logical and is true in RL. But in GTS I'm getting mixed results at best and tend to find using TCS to be faster, not to mention consistency.

Give the mentioned Nurb GP circuit training under Campaign mode a try and run with/without TCS. To amplify the effects, stay away from 4WD and use a Gr3 RWD car, or better yet the Porsche. First set of slow corners should reveal much, curious if you still feel the same.

You're right about pro drivers, that's why I turn TCS off. Not that I am a pro, but it's what is needed to get to that level.

I drove the FIA Nations Cup races with the Aston Martin and the 911 GT3 RS without TCS but today with the M6 around Lake Maggiore I've used TCS 2 and I was the fastest on track (finished second because I went off track on the 3rd lap).

I find some cars are OK without TCS on some tracks but on others they're almost undrivable (too unpredictable).

Lack of decent feedback to the wheel doesn't help. I hope PD fixes this... No fb on loss of grip or oversteer. Really stupid.

I always use TCS at 1-2. I’ve seen videos of some of the fastest drivers in North America and they were using some level of TCS (One of whom managed to set the fastest lap in a field of A/S drivers) so it doesn’t always slow you down significantly. Real GT3 drivers use TCS and often adjust it or map it to suit different sections of the track. A computer is faster than the fastest human reaction time.

Latest Posts

Back