Aston Martin DB12 (DB11 Successor)

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
First photos of the DB12 test mule with "prototype vehicle" stickers, different headlights, and a different hood shut lines

aston-martin-db12-side-view-spy-photo.jpg

Our spy photographers based in Europe snapped several images of this very dirty test car at a fuel station. We wouldn't blame you one bit if you called this a DB11, because details on the rear fascia, side sills, and fender trim look identical to the current model. That could be on purpose, using DB11 bolt-on panels to evaluate changes under the skin. But we do see clear differences at the front, notably with a larger grille and smaller headlights that could be influenced by the Valhalla.

Aston trademarks the name DB12, however it appears to just be a DB11 facelift rather than a new car on a new platform

Aston teased a new car in their 2022 financial results report, stating delivieries in Q3 2023

https://amsc-prod-cd.azureedge.net/...tion.pdf?rev=da979d5dba154d879083e2f7581d61fd

1679681244500.png

Last edited:
Teaser of the new DB

A new era of class-leading performance, driving dynamics and ultra-luxury is nearly upon us. A new benchmark.

Final preparations are underway as Aston Martin plans to unveil a new generation of the legendary DB bloodline on 24 May 2023, a landmark date heralding the start of the ultra-luxury British brand’s next generation.

Core values of high-performance and ultra-luxury are spearheading Aston Martin’s next generation of sports cars, and this first model will be a stunning example of what’s to come. A generation that will see all Aston Martin models characterised by prodigious performance and pinpoint driving dynamics, seamless integration of advanced technologies and the sublime style and impeccable craftsmanship for which the brand has long been renowned.

This highly anticipated sports car will break free from the norms of the GT sector, creating a new category of one celebrating 75 years of Aston Martin’s iconic DB bloodline of exceptional hand-built British sportscars.

This is no mere GT. Grand is not enough.

aston-martin-next-generation-db-exterior-teaser.jpg

aston-martin-next-generation-db-exterior-teaser.jpg

aston-martin-next-generation-db-interior-teaser.jpg

That is a LOT of physical buttons. I like. Unless they are actually capacitive touch...then I really hate.

Anyone else feel like the DB11 came out like....last week?

"odd numbered naming convention"...so this will be a mere evolution instead of a revolution.

I am not a fan of the DB11 styling...this feels like they pulled back some more extreme cues...and speaking for myself, it already feels right. I do like the console with buttons, though I imagine there is a bigger screen above, and...yeah, something tells it this is more to my liking.

Hasn’t it been out for 7 years now?
I've compartmentalized and isolated the Trump years and the Covid years into parallel, singular region of my memory called "not good". The DB11 came out in the Spring of 2016. Trump was elected in November 2016. Covid 'ended' on May 11th, 2023. So that's 4 days + 7 months. The DB11 is not even a year old!

I've compartmentalized and isolated the Trump years and the Covid years into parallel, singular region of my memory called "not good". The DB11 came out in the Spring of 2016. Trump was elected in November 2016. Covid 'ended' on May 11th, 2023. So that's 4 days + 7 months. The DB11 is not even a year old!
All Knowing Big Brain GIF

Aston Martin DB12

aston-martin-db12.jpg

aston-martin-db12.jpg

aston-martin-db12.jpg

aston-martin-db12.jpg

aston-martin-db12.jpg

Aston Martin is so proud of its new product that it describes it as the world’s first super tourer and "the most complete and accomplished DB model" in the company’s history. But to answer your biggest question right away – no, there’s no mention of V12 power yet. However, the newly optimized twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 sourced from Mercedes-AMG now delivers way more power than before, making the DB12 even more powerful than the DB11 V12.

In this new application, the eight-cylinder mill produces 671 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 590 pound-feet of torque between 2,750 and 6,000 rpm. This represents an increase of more than 30 percent compared to its V8 predecessor and 41 hp more than the DB11 AMR with its uprated 5.2-liter V12. The new coupe has a 0-60 mile-per-hour sprint of just 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 202 mph.

Eurrghh. Not a fan of it. Front splitter seems too aggressive for a model positioned just below the range-topping DBS. I also don’t like the ginormous proportion of the grille compared to the headlights. Maybe a license plate will help a bit.

Steering wheel and AC vents also look suspiciously similar to those on a Merc. Maybe not the vents, but the steering wheel definitely does. :odd:

Back