Aston Martin Rescued By Racing Point's Lawrence Stroll, Splits With Red Bull

Having another factory team in F1 is great, and correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t AM already have a factory Le Mans Hypercar program to invest in in the coming few years? Dedicating financial resources to both the top-tier Le Mans category and F1 for multiple years and hoping to win in at least one of the two seems like a stretch that is beyond the ability of a small firm like Aston, and something that would require funds that not even Lawrence Stroll can accrue.

I really hope this wouldn’t mean financial trouble in the future for Aston.

Having another factory team in F1 is great, and correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t AM already have a factory Le Mans Hypercar program to invest in in the coming few years? Dedicating financial resources to both the top-tier Le Mans category and F1 for multiple years and hoping to win in at least one of the two seems like a stretch that is beyond the ability of a small firm like Aston, and something that would require funds that not even Lawrence Stroll can accrue.

I really hope this wouldn’t mean financial trouble in the future for Aston.
It's not really a factory team in F1 since they don't make their own power units, it's basically just a rebranding of Racing Point. They are a customer team, to be a factory team they would need to have a manufacturer working directly for them on the power unit, and I doubt Aston Martin have the resources and know-how for that.

It's not really a factory team in F1 since they don't make their own power units, it's basically just a rebranding of Racing Point. They are a customer team, to be a factory team they would need to have a manufacturer working directly for them on the power unit, and I doubt Aston Martin have the resources and know-how for that.
I see now, thanks for clearing up the confusion. 👍

Latest Posts

Back