Aston Martin v8 Vantage '99 Question...

• Thread starter d3xta
  • 4 comments
Anyone tune this car yet? I threw pretty much all the upgrades on it, but no matter what settings i try for the tranny / limited slip or whatever.. it's like it's spinning the tires or losing traction through 3rd gear..

I'm sure im missing something, just can't figure out what to make this thing drive like it's supposed to!

Sadly, it is driving like its supposed to :D!

Welcome to the world of torque that is the purview of engines that aren't little 4-pot rice burners with turbos bolted on them :lol:.

In the real world, these beasts do actually behave a lot better than their in-game counterparts but you have to work with what you have unfortunately.

Throttle modulation is the first step towards controlling the wheelspin.

You can also try negative toe on the back wheels (which may ameliorate some of the power-on oversteer) and cranking up the TCS (this may give you exit understeer and/or snap-oversteer tho' so be aware).

On the whole, however, I'm afraid that it will more successful to change your driving style.

ok thanks guys, i also downgraded my engine mods and took the car back down around 600HP (had it at 871HP) and it seems to do a little better, just need to tweak the suspension now.

d3xta
ok thanks guys, i also downgraded my engine mods and took the car back down around 600HP (had it at 871HP) and it seems to do a little better, just need to tweak the suspension now.

871 bhp, no surprise it was lighting up the rears.

Wait until you get to try the TVR Speed 12, 800bhp stock and about half the weight of the Vantage. Now that thing requires very careful throttle modulation, it was a great car in GT3 and I can't wait for it in GT4.

Back