Aston Martin Vulcan needs a complete overhaul.

• Thread starter talhaONE
  • 26 comments
Turkey
Turkey
talhaONE
1. Vulcan is NOT street legal so there is no point to put it to n class. It should be in Gr.X.

2. Car has only 200 downforce on its back and 0 downforce on the front. I dont think this car produce such low amount downforce with that huge spoiler and splitter.

2 reason is enough i think.

1. Vulcan is NOT street legal so there is no point to put it to n class. It should be in Gr.X.

2. Car has only 200 downforce on its back and 0 downforce on the front. I dont think this car produce such low amount downforce with that huge spoiler and splitter.

Two horrible reasons...

I think most modern performance cars have down force in the front. I read up on the Enzo and LaFerrari and they’re supposed to have huge front DF but in GT Sport have zero.

1. Not really. There's numerous non-road legal cars that is in N-class, not just a Vulcan.
2. I agree. Its too slippery for its own good. I dont think the handling is that bad IRL.

Last edited:
I think most modern performance cars have down force in the front. I read up on the Enzo and LaFerrari and they’re supposed to have huge front DF but in GT Sport have zero.

It's kind of ridiculous to say "this car doesn't have downforce" just because it's not listed in the settings menu. You're ignoring the entire coding of the car and it's grip multipliers, as they pertain to the way the cars handle.

The statement should be "PD didn't add downforce multipliers to these cars because they didn't need to." which is absolutely true. Considering the cars' laptimes are consistent across other sims as well as real life means it's an issue of GIT GUD

It's kind of ridiculous to say "this car doesn't have downforce" just because it's not listed in the settings menu. You're ignoring the entire coding of the car and it's grip multipliers, as they pertain to the way the cars handle.

The statement should be "PD didn't add downforce multipliers to these cars because they didn't need to." which is absolutely true. Considering the cars' laptimes are consistent across other sims as well as real life means it's an issue of GIT GUD
I didn't say "just because it's not listed in the settings menu", did I?

Also, the lap times mean very little because PD could tune the car in a hundred other ways to match lap times. And because if you play a sim like PC2, you'll see something like Curva Grande has much more camber than in GT Sport.

Anyway if you can't identify that the Enzo understeers like mad, then I'm not the one who needs to "git gud".

The Amuse S2000 is just as bad an offender as the Vulcan. It irritates the hell out of me that this purpose-built track monster is sliding around like a drift car even on grippy tires.

A lot of N class cars, N600 and above in particular, don't have the downforce, and therefore grip, that they should. My guess is a combo of PD's aero model needing a complete rehaul and them purposely nerfing the cars that have a lot of downforce to put them on a even playing field as the ones that don't. Probably to make B.o.P.'ing easier to do.

Kinda unrelated but also not very, isn't the F1 McLaren supposed to reach 240+ mph stock irl? It doesn't come close to that in GTS, which is another thing suggesting there's something off with the aero model.

The Amuse S2000 is just as bad an offender as the Vulcan. It irritates the hell out of me that this purpose-built track monster is sliding around like a drift car even on grippy tires.

A lot of N class cars, N600 and above in particular, don't have the downforce, and therefore grip, that they should. My guess is a combo of PD's aero model needing a complete rehaul and them purposely nerfing the cars that have a lot of downforce to put them on a even playing field as the ones that don't. Probably to make B.o.P.'ing easier to do.

Kinda unrelated but also not very, isn't the F1 McLaren supposed to reach 240+ mph stock irl? It doesn't come close to that in GTS, which is another thing suggesting there's something off with the aero model.

I've recently driven the Amuse, and was disappointed to see that it does drive more like a drifting car than a track car. Even on RS tires, it just slides.
Your also dead on with the Mclaren.

Perhaps your right that the aero needs a good rework.

Class system in GTS is already stupid as is. Putting Vulcan in Gr.X only would make it more useless in Single Player. Personally i am glad that it is N800

As for downforce, @JTB10000 made a very good point: Vulcan's downforce is probably nerfed to even out the playing field. I did a test and even made a thread on it (sorry for shameless plug xD )

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/how-good-is-aston-martin-vulcan-comparison-test.382658/

Nerfed Vulcan can more or less keep up with BOP'd Gr.3 Vantage. Imagine how OP it would be in N-Class if it had proper downforce settings?
Vulcan itself is actually a very fun car to drive on Racing Hard tyres. It is closest to race car feel among all of the N-class cars.

On topic of F1: even purpose-built race cars barely reached 390-400 km/h on chicane-less Mulsanne straight, and you expect an F1 to easily reach that mark? F1 is already immensely OP as is :lol:

Throw in the Muscle cars like the Mach 1 and Challenger R/T as well because 110MPH of top speed is laughably bad on these cars, on top of the Rev limiter that they keep bouncing on in literally any straight line.

Throw in the Muscle cars like the Mach 1 and Challenger R/T as well because 110MPH of top speed is laughably bad on these cars, on top of the Rev limiter that they keep bouncing on in literally any straight line.
How is that relevant to the thread?

Also do you know about transmission tuning? Just slide the top speed to the right and good to go.

Last edited:

This has nothing to do with our topic but this is how it was just like in real life. Equip fully customizeable gearbox and you will get an extra gear.

How is that relevant to the thread?

Also do you know about transmission tuning? Just slide the top speed to the right and good to go.

This has nothing to do with our topic but this is how it was just like in real life. Equip fully customizeable gearbox and you will get an extra gear.

I'm well aware about customized transmissions and that is not a fix to the issue because I'm talking about stock specs, and in some lobbies all forms of tuning are prohibited so I'm stuck with the cars doing 110 mph on straights.

And no, that is NOT the way it's supposed to be, starting from the fact that both cars are running on carbureted engines, which means that they shouldn't have rev limiters.

And then, there's this:

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/m.../challenger_1gen_r_t_2-door_hardtop/1970.html

Top speed of the 1970 Challenger R/T: 139 mph.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/ford_usa/mustang_1gen/mustang_1gen_mach_i/1971.html

Top speed of the 1971 Mustang Mach 1: 119 mph.

And then there's the fact that the customized transmission is LOUD as hell and the sound slider of it doesn't do much to mute it...Plus I would say a 5-speed 70's muscle car is not exactly authentic, but that's just me.

Anyway, yeah it's not related to the topic but I thought I should just chime in since the issue here is that since Vulcan needs tweaking and another dude mentioned the LaFerrari.

I'm well aware about customized transmissions and that is not a fix to the issue because I'm talking about stock specs, and in some lobbies all forms of tuning are prohibited so I'm stuck with the cars doing 110 mph on straights.

And no, that is NOT the way it's supposed to be, starting from the fact that both cars are running on carbureted engines, which means that they shouldn't have rev limiters.

And then, there's this:

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/m.../challenger_1gen_r_t_2-door_hardtop/1970.html

Top speed of the 1970 Challenger R/T: 139 mph.

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/ford_usa/mustang_1gen/mustang_1gen_mach_i/1971.html

Top speed of the 1971 Mustang Mach 1: 119 mph.

You should look at what the final drive gear ratio is for your 2 examples. Claimed top speeds are usually calculated from the ratios themselves. Very rarely are they confirmed on top speed runs. Also, drag coefficients multiply as speed increases as well. Wind direction and speed (yes, I know we don’t worry about wind) can greatly affect top speed as well.

You should look at what the final drive gear ratio is for your 2 examples. Claimed top speeds are usually calculated from the ratios themselves. Very rarely are they confirmed on top speed runs. Also, drag coefficients multiply as speed increases as well. Wind direction and speed (yes, I know we don’t worry about wind) can greatly affect top speed as well.

Then gear ratios are the problem with the cars in the game, since both cars are already reaching the maximum their stock gear ratios can go since they're bouncing on the Rev limiter.

In fact, both cars actually have a lot of power which indicates that they can go even further with longer gear ratios, which is confirmed when I apply a customized transmission, I can easily do 140 MPH on the 4th gear with both cars if I'm running on customized ratios, I don't even need to add extra power.

And that is what I do to actually make them viable to race with, but again, it's something I shouldn't have to do because these cars should be way faster on stock specs with stock gear ratios, at least the Challenger should be.

On topic of F1: even purpose-built race cars barely reached 390-400 km/h on chicane-less Mulsanne straight, and you expect an F1 to easily reach that mark? F1 is already immensely OP as is :lol:

Official top speed of the F1 road car is 386.7kph = 240.1mph

It hit 391kph = 242.9mph but didn't do it both ways so 240.1 is the official figure.

Now they did this by removing the rev limiter of course but that's the 'official' figure.

Road cars were generally geared for 231mph if I remember correctly.

So not far off.

The main annoyance of the F1 in GTS is that yeah, it wasn't the best handling thing in the world and it was built to be quite softly sprung and the brakes are generally regarded as terrible but it feels like you have to crawl around every corner at 30mph otherwise you understeer off the road in it. It was better than that on a track. It's laughably bad at Monza.

Turn off ABS, the brakes will lock. It's not the brakes.

Haha this reminds me of a hundred page long motorbike forum discussion about brakes - on why cruiser motorbikes brake better (stop in a shorter distance) than street/ race bikes.

The argument was that the brakes can lock on a street bike, so its not the brakes fault - bigger brakes won't fix the issue.

Weight distribution and fork angle ended up being the biggest variables after 100 pages.

Now I am reminded of this I want to go test out -5 brake bias in the vulcan! Pity about the handling that will create...

The only way for the Vulcan and Amuse S2000 to have their performance properly simulated in the game is for PD to create a class dedicated for track day cars (Gr. T or TA, feel free to suggest a better name), and then have those two reworked/overhauled and slotted in that new class. Sorry, but these track monsters just aren't "Normal". They are in a league of their own, and so should be separated from the likes of the Veneno and LaFerrari. Intentionally nerfing them just so they could be included in the existing classes is just idiotic. I hope PD adds more of these tracks day cars (FXX, Zonda R, HKS CT230R etc), so that they would have no other choice but be forced to create a new class for all of them.

The only way for the Vulcan and Amuse S2000 to have their performance properly simulated in the game is for PD to create a class dedicated for track day cars (Gr. T or TA, feel free to suggest a better name), and then have those two reworked/overhauled and slotted in that new class. Sorry, but these track monsters just aren't "Normal". They are in a league of their own, and so should be separated from the likes of the Veneno and LaFerrari. Intentionally nerfing them just so they could be included in the existing classes is just idiotic. I hope PD adds more of these tracks day cars (FXX, Zonda R, HKS CT230R etc), so that they would have no other choice but be forced to create a new class for all of them.

They dumped multi-million classic cars to Gr.X and haven't yet made separate class for them...

They dumped multi-million classic cars to Gr.X and haven't yet made separate class for them...

Best thing that could happen right now for Gr.X is for PD to bring back the Chaparral 2D, create a new class and then dump the 2D, 330 P4, XJ13 and Mk. IV into that new class.

Back