AstroSnail's Gallery

• Thread starter AstroSnail
  • 2 comments
Portugal
Porto
A bunch of photos I took on GT4, in my own style(s).
Note: The photos are not ordered by the time they have been taken, they are ordered by filename. Keep this in mind when you notice some things out-of-place.
If ever the images break, here's a direct link to an imgur album:

Photo Count: 52

Old photos (when I first got GT4) (these are the only few that survived the mass corruption that ensued on my 16MB mem card (I have another 3 8MB mem cards so a replacement was easy to find), RIP all of the rest):

Tq0XZX.jpg

This was B-Spec in my Vauxhall Calibra, who only just beat the RUF CTR Yellow Bird because he fell into the grass. Only just.

Fb51ND.jpg

This was me, also in the Calibra, hitting a wall on the Super Speedway, looking through the camera that clipped through the wall. Seems like PD cleaned the outside of the track too (possibly one of the most useless things PD did).

vdKoIM.jpg

My first photo ever in this game, with my first car, at the Grand Canyon, one of the few places in GT4 I've ever heard of in real life.

New photos (made when I got back to GT4 a few months ago):

8thP3W.jpg

Me, taking that guided lap license test with the Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT-A, making a short drift before the first hairpin of the track. Few times did I manage controllable drifts like this.

pCur8z.jpg

Me, again (this couldn't possibly be B-Spec, because a. he would brake long before the jump and b. B-Spec usually isn't allowed in rally races), in one of the short Cathedral Rocks Trails, flying in a Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car (before getting penalised).

1JrexZ.jpg

Those who know me well (unlikely to be anyone here on GTPlanet) will know why I saved this image (for those who don't, it's because I love glitching stuff. You'll see even more later). Clipping a Pontiac Sunfire through a port anchor? Who wouldn't, here in GT4.

nBwAMv.jpg

I decided not to waste a day and snapped a proper photo, though you can still see a glitch somewhere in the photo (play where's waldo if you have the time and patience/boredom, first to find it will get my recognition).

UdbZ52.jpg

B-Spec's first time reaching first place, in the Sunday Cup (I deliberately put on a sepia-style effect, because I knew this was going to become old at some point).

S0FhGe.jpg

Oh, dear! Look at me getting shoved right in the path of a wall, as I fiercely battle that bastard Peugeot (I lost, but still won the race).

K0ea9x.jpg

Another controlled drift, my first using a wheel, in a Toyota Celica GT-FOUR RC.

D6gojk.jpg

Extremely close finish between me (B-Spec is rubbish at overtaking, so it had to be me) and an MGF. Made it a photo finish and it didn't look half-bad either.

m1IUM6.jpg

Another example of how AI can fail, this time I'm in an Option Stream Z and he-who's-about-to-lose-his-insurance is in a Lotus Esprit (he was in 2nd, finished 3rd. However, it was the guy in 4th who took 2nd. What happened to No. 3? He hit the Lotus, ended 6th).

VJt0mx.jpg

After seeing other galleries, I tried to copy their style, changing the white point and making the scene very emotional. Now that I look at it, I didn't go far enough in either respect, and it's a bit dark (I figured why that was later (it was the screen brightness)).

YHEn7W.jpg

Exact same scene from the previous photo. Why did the Lotus suddenly appear? I had clipped the camera into it, and it disappeared. It reappeared in film, though, so I scrapped that file. As you can see, with the same scene I manage a completely different emotion. You can too.

mq8v1f.jpg

Decided to make another overtake photo (this, too, was B-Spec) to make a sort of "old vs. new" thing. Also, I tilted the camera especially to fit both cars with the most zoom.

lBfSxk.jpg

"What is this mess!?" you might ask. This is the photo, on completely default settings, of the exact moment the Lotus was hit by the No. 3 (a Buick, in case you were wondering). You can see why I saved this one. You'll see this one again later.

Uc2jzw.jpg

First of my "Beautiful Car" series of photos, This is the exact same scene as the last, but managed to get the camera behind the Subaru Impreza, which was cool (usually the camera would snap in front of obstacles).

mHmrT7.jpg

Again, the exact same scene as last (iirc, doesn't look like it though), now from a new angle, showing the imminent collision between the Lotus and the Buick.

wMszQu.jpg

Remember the "mess"? This is the exact same photo, now broken by the way film works. You can imagine why I saved this one too (you can sort of see the Buick, but it isn't easy).

p28QkE.jpg

Either I need to use more B-Spec or stop using him, because he is so rubbish at racing. This is him, running aground in that large turn after the bridge and mini-tunnel at Midfield in a Lotus Elise 111R.

4zTPtn.jpg

That's him again, now failing on the first corner of Midfield.

kG4dBD.jpg

Second on my "Beautiful Car" series, taking a shoot of that Lotus at an interesting angle. How? I grabbed the replay, got it on Synchronised mode, ejected the disk (so the music stops and the camera stops changing), and kept pressing X until I got a decent angle.

ais1jq.jpg

Remember I love glitching, right? You can guess the track, while you look at me seemingly jumping over the tyre pit wall in a Sileighty (currently my only car without a manufacturer, though you can find it under Nissan in Arcade mode).

cDJ0GT.jpg

Here am I again, seemingly making another jump.

NYGc8J.jpg

Exact same scene as last, but from a perspective that makes it look like I just took off from a shallow jump.

TbEcz4.jpg

Same scene, now looking like I'm just hovering.

y6poK7.jpg

"Again, again! ", I told myself, so I grab a Plymouth and did it again. Here I take a pic at the exact time I "teleport" about (this effect shows how the graphics are run in interlaced format when you watch the replay, and how the game blurs the image by making several images in the photo).

SFtPkj.jpg

Same everything as the last, except now I zoom out a bit, pan the camera a bit too and focus the camera on the ground instead of the car. Here you can see the two clouds of smoke made from my acceleration while teleporting.

uo2ezR.jpg

Decided to return to photo travel, I needed some inspiration, so I took some theme-fitting cars to places and snapped them. This is a rich-themed photo I made, taking a Shelby Cobra to Las Vegas...

fAqoiN.jpg

...and here is a future-/innovation-themed photo taking a Toyota MTRC to Marunouchi.

U2kIQ9.jpg

We need more rally photos, so here they are. Ford RS200 (AI) vs. Ford RS200 Rally car (me). You can see I was a bit too confident taking that last jump on Grand Canyon Reverse, and went flying straight into a penalty (this happened twice more in the same race).

MBr4UC.jpg

We need more overtake photos too! Why don't we combine both? Here is one example, me finally getting ahead of that Ford (this didn't last long, hopefully you realise why).

uaVvor.jpg

This one looks really good, and shows how the RS200 has "RS200" on it's license plate, but the RS200 Rally Car has "B200 YOO" behind it. Second overtake, also didn't last long.

GZ4f6o.jpg

Taking a photo of a photographer? Why not? Here's one, just for fun.

NdSSlO.jpg

Me leaving the AI in a cloud of dust, as I finish this race, and hopefully never have to return to it.

lDY6C2.jpg

Not the easiest thing to do, touching cones without knocking them over, right? Then watch, as B-Spec manages to do just that, in my RUF CTR2 at Infineon.

oN1C4e.jpg

That doesn't last to the next lap, though. I mean, it's B-Spec, what can you expect from him?

CgWXkY.jpg

For when you decide to go "Screw gravity!" and fly away. I might want to make this a postcard.

Ua6sbe.jpg

For when you decide to go "Screw physics!" and clip through the floor. Not so postcard-worthy, this one.

iU9kHw.jpg

Why do they even let you put rally tyres on this thing? FR, high-end turbo, two things right away you don't want in a rally car. The wheels look ridiculous, too.

86lDfA.jpg

If you want to enjoy my gallery you'll have to bear with photos of glitches, especially this one which looks good in particular. To me, at least.

k3v4vz.jpg

This is the city of Monaco, where the Côte d'Azur track takes place, in the background, with a Playstation Pescarolo Courage C60 in front.

aokx7S.jpg

For another time when you decide to go "Screw physics!" and try to climb a wall with a Le Mans race car.

ypaHoj.jpg

The third installment of my "Beautiful Car" series, showing my Ford RS200 Rally Car, which became my favourite, mostly because I somehow managed to get a really good tune-up of it (I guess I can now understand why some AI took rally cars against Le Mans race cars in GT3).

b0mpWV.jpg

This almost looks like another photo travel location, in a Peugeot 205 Rally Car, it just lacks a load of lag-inducing scenery. This shows glitches can be made beautiful (some of them, at least).

ABW3hq.jpg

Guess where I took this. Fairly obvious if you've seen the previous photo (behind the last hairpin before the chicane that leads into the start/finish line).

5wy5Hz.jpg

Remember I said stuff was ordered by filename, not date, right? The obvious predecessor of this image took the place of a dupe of the "Côte d'Azur photo travel" photo, which I deleted for being too dark (also, note how the reflections of the wheels don't match the sharpness of the wheels themselves at all. Weird, isn't it?).

RgCJxi.jpg

If you took any fast car across the Nürburgring Nordscheife, you would have experienced this hop on one of the first straights. Here's B-Spec my Shelby again, steamrolling through the "1000 miles" championship.

LGi4Da.jpg

Doesn't this image look like a collage of a bunch of things? That's why I saved it, and am offering it to anyone who wants this as a background to something (actually, you could take any as long as you ask me for permission). I think the reason for this look is the distance the camera is from the car (it's on maximum zoom) and I set the aperture to the maximum (22.0).

zdAwj7.jpg

Same scene as before, now from a new, not so collage-y view. Also, yeah, that's a Dodge Charger R/T on Trial Mountain, and no I didn't flip.

E3tdM5.jpg

This me again, now going backwards across Trial Mountain, with the sun (top-right corner) so bright it caused a vignetting effect, usually only accessible in photo travel.

rnZfxR.jpg

Do cones break? You can push them through walls, run through them and send them high in the air, they keep their immutable conical shape. Yeah, that's the Sarthe II and my Option Stream Z again, because I want cones (duh) and maximum speed. I also purposefully hid the emptiness that was the road ahead, because that obviously wouldn't be realistic (not like anything in this gallery is even remotely realistic, it's mostly just aesthetics).

Phew, finally done uploading and commenting. Now it's your job to be a critic.

Last edited:
@AstroSnail The Cobra photo in Las Vegas is remarkable, all those lightning effects allowed for very beautiful, gentle shade on the body. Too bad you can't buy it from the lot.

Grand Canyon photos featuring two RS200 models are also interesting, some sweet angles can be found.

Back