At The Drive-InMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Max Powers
  • 10 comments
  • 1,155 views

Max Powers

(Banned)
Messages
4,475
Messages
XBL: MelBlount
Messages
MelBlount
I just started listening to these guys a month or so ago, and I must say that I'm really astounded. They are completely different from most any band I have heard recently. They have a really raw rock sound and some amazing lyrics.

Check out "Invalid Litter Dept.", "Rascuache", and "One Armed Scissor"
 
I've just started to listne to them as well Sublime. I downlaoded One Armed Scissor and thought it was so original, different and good. I'm trying to convince my band to learn it for the next gig we do. I'll have to try and get some of their other stuff.
If you like At The Drive-In I think you'll definatly like The Mars Volta. The Mars Volta I think like have the lead guitarist and basist or singer or something from At The Drive In, and are very similar. I actually saw them live when they were the support band to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I recomend Eunuch Provocateur, Inertiatic Esp and Son Et Lumiere. Son Et Lumiere and Inertiatic are two songs that go one in one with the other. You really need to download both of them if you're going to. :)
 
Yeah, I have checked out a bunch of songs by Mars Volta, they're damn good. Apparently when At The Drive In broke up two of the members went on to Mars Volta, and the other two went on to a band named Sparta. All three are amazing bands, but I still like At The Drive In the most out of them.
 
At the Drive-In are a really good band.
I really enjoy their music. I agree that "One Armed Scissor" is a really well done song.
 
I just wanted to bring this thread back up. I know there are a lot of people here who like The Mars Volta now, so I figured I'd make sure everyone is aware of their original band, who are just as good.

Check out some songs from In/Casino/Out and Relationship of Command.
 
I have relationship of command and In/casino/out i've seen a few of their other cd's floating around. Although I refrained from buying them, mainly because HMV likes to charge rediculous prices for imported cd's.
 
Yea, same her. I was gonna buy one of At The Drive In's Albums the other day, but it was something rediculous like £18 in Virgin. Most albums cost around about £11 over here now soo.........
 
Sparta rocks your socks and you know it. You can't deny it.

Is your signature a reference to the Bloodhound Gang?
 
Intravenously polite, it was the walkie talkies that knocked the pins down

Come on!
 
Back