Attaching Files on Mi Browser

• Thread starter GT5Power
  • 2 comments
Greece
Athens
VQS_Ntinoskonsta
So I recently upgraded from an iPhone 5s to a Xiaomi Redmi 7 and I'm using the default Mi Browser to access the internet. I've made a few posts recently where I wanted to attach a file from mobile, but when I press the "attach file" button, it sends me straight to the camera. Switching to Chrome works just fine; it gives me a choice between the camera, the video recorder, the sound recorder and the file manager, as it should. Is there another way to attach files directly from my phone (besides uploading to Imgur etc)? Help would be appreciated :)

So I recently upgraded from an iPhone 5s to a Xiaomi Redmi 7 and I'm using the default Mi Browser to access the internet. I've made a few posts recently where I wanted to attach a file from mobile, but when I press the "attach file" button, it sends me straight to the camera. Switching to Chrome works just fine; it gives me a choice between the camera, the video recorder, the sound recorder and the file manager, as it should. Is there another way to attach files directly from my phone (besides uploading to Imgur etc)? Help would be appreciated :)
This seems like a setting for the browser. Perhaps it you have made it that way on accident? Maybe the browser automatically defaults it that way?

I'd try to clear the browser settings to default first. (With Chrome it typically gives you options and then asks if you want that to be the default each time, depending on the situation.)

If this doesn't work, I'd suggest looking into the setting of the browser.

Or just use Chrome :P.

Yeah, what happens after the "Upload a File" button is pressed is controlled by the browser.

Check your browser's settings or the permissions available to the app. There is no other way to upload files directly to posts aside from embedding images from other sites like Imgur. However, thousands of files are uploaded via our attachment system each day, most from mobile browsers, and it is generally quite reliable.

Latest Posts

Back