"Attempts" on the challenges leaderboard

• Thread starter Johnar726
  • 18 comments
England
Kent
ralphy0502
Jar Jar Binks l
Does anyone know what the "Attempts" actually mean? I thought it was amount of laps done, but it's not, I also thought maybe its the amount of restarts you do but its not that either, so what is an Attempt? Is it clean laps you do maybe?

Does anyone know what the "Attempts" actually mean? I thought it was amount of laps done, but it's not, I also thought maybe its the amount of restarts you do but its not that either, so what is an Attempt? Is it clean laps you do maybe?
I think it's the amount of people who have tried it as there are some pretty high numbers out there and there appears to be a maximum number of attempts that any challenge can store.

I think it's the amount of people who have tried it as there are some pretty high numbers out there and there appears to be a maximum number of attempts that any challenge can store.

Oh no i mean, when you click on a leaderboard to view more details and your going through the top 20 for example, you have the persons PSN, their time and attempts. Thats the attempts i mean. Sorry i forgot it says it on each TT too, should of been more precise.

Oh no i mean, when you click on a leaderboard to view more details and your going through the top 20 for example, you have the persons PSN, their time and attempts. Thats the attempts i mean. Sorry i forgot it says it on each TT too, should of been more precise.
Oh, okay. In truth, I hadn't noticed that :D so hopefully someone who pays more attention to what's going on around them will be able to answer :lol:

One attempt is one session. As, if you leave the event and come back for the second attempt. I understood it this way when I checked it a while ago.

One attempt is one session. As, if you leave the event and come back for the second attempt. I understood it this way when I checked it a while ago.

I don't think its that either, on one of them i have "23 Attempts", i never even left the event once whilst doing it lol.

Oh really? Hmm.. Well, I must have been in a hurry back then lol. So, it must be "lap count / road cleared" count then?

Oh really? Hmm.. Well, I must have been in a hurry back then lol. So, it must be "lap count / road cleared" count then?
Im thinking clean lap count, ill test it when i can. I was hoping someone would know before i got chance to test lol. When i work it out ill post it here, may not be today though.

Im thinking clean lap count, ill test it when i can. I was hoping someone would know before i got chance to test lol. When i work it out ill post it here, may not be today though.
And why wouldn't you do that today? :lol:

If I'm not too fuzzy tomorrow, I will have a look too - enjoy your new year.

Challenges with a fixed distance (P2P/Race and maybe others?), every time you complete said challenge counts as one attempt.

Challenges that you can try and over and over without leaving session (TT on a circuit), every lap you complete on said challenge counts as one attempt.

I sadly dont get that much time to plays games, MeanElf :-(

So it is laps? Most of my challenges i only do about 20-25 laps then, feels like alot more lol.

I sadly dont get that much time to plays games, MeanElf :-(

So it is laps? Most of my challenges i only do about 20-25 laps then, feels like alot more lol.
I'm still not sure, I only really had a short chance to play today and most of that was photomode. I'd go with Centura's observations above.

Challenges that you can try and over and over without leaving session (TT on a circuit), every lap you complete on said challenge counts as one attempt.

It's not just complete lap, it must be also clean lap. I did lot of TT on a circuit and there is no way it's just lap counter.

It's not just complete lap, it must be also clean lap. I did lot of TT on a circuit and there is no way it's just lap counter.

I seriously doubt that. There have definitely been times I have not done a clean lap and it still has counted for the challenge. There is also no message in the game saying your lap is disqualified.

Attempts only counts when you do a lap (circuit track)/finish (point to point track). If you restart the attempt in the middle of race, that does not count as attempt.

Actually could you post up a screen shot @Johnar726 as I'm not seeing any mention of attempts anywhere other than the challenges.

If you look at that image (it is one i took after a TT a couple days ago), after you click "Finish Event" you can see a leaderboard, you can then click on that leaderboard and it will move into full screen.
thats the only image i have to hand, I'll take another pic when I'm on next if that don't help you.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    797.5 KB · Views: 9
If you look at that image (it is one i took after a TT a couple days ago), after you click "Finish Event" you can see a leaderboard, you can then click on that leaderboard and it will move into full screen.
thats the only image i have to hand, I'll take another pic when I'm on next if that don't help you.
No, that seems fine. Crazy thing is, I don't see any of that when I look at the TTs I have done (and I've done loads :)) Maybe I have something turned off in the option menu though. So you have participants and attempts - by the look of the numbers that appears to be global, completed attempts. I say completed as if you try an event, TT or challenge but opt out before completion, it doesn't register your time. Without my being able to see those figures on my game, I can't really test that - sorry.

Okay, had more chance to look at this. I set a lap in TT and went into the pause menu as above (after first checking all settings before the TT) - really strange, I'm still not seeing Participants and Attempts appearing anywhere other than in challenges.

No attempts appearing alongside the PSNs on the global leaderboards either. It's a mystery therefore.

EDIT: Having just run a new challenge, I was able to test that. It showed four participants and eleven attempts after my first two laps. Came out, did another lap, it shows 4 and 12. Did another four laps due to some crashes after coming out of photmode and it showed 4 and 16.

So it's laps that have been done by all participants, clean or otherwise.

Last edited:
Back