Attending Australian Grand PrixFormula 1 

Australia
Straya
Any fellow Aussies here attending the F1GP next week?

I keep hearing/reading conflicting reports that it's going to be cancelled/still going ahead....
What's the current official word?

Family and friends keep asking "you are going to wear a mask aren't you?!??!".
I point them to various websites stating:
Face masks are not recommended for the general population.

People who have symptoms and might be infected with COVID-19 are required to stay in isolation at home and should wear a surgical face mask when in the same room as another person and when seeking medical advice to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19 to anyone else.

Health care workers who are caring for patients with suspected COVID-19 should use appropriate personal protective equipment to protect themselves against COVID-19 "The current recommendations regarding masks are that if you yourself are sick with fever and cough, you can wear a surgical mask to prevent transmission to other people. If you are healthy, there is not thought to be any additional benefit to wearing a mask yourself because the mask is not airtight and does not necessarily prevent breathing in of these viral particles, which are very tiny,"​

But wondering what the general feeling is.....

Really looking forward to this - the last F1 race I attended was Silverstone in 2004!

Any fellow Aussies here attending the F1GP next week?

I keep hearing/reading conflicting reports that it's going to be cancelled/still going ahead....
What's the current official word?

Family and friends keep asking "you are going to wear a mask aren't you?!??!".
I point them to various websites stating:
Face masks are not recommended for the general population.

People who have symptoms and might be infected with COVID-19 are required to stay in isolation at home and should wear a surgical face mask when in the same room as another person and when seeking medical advice to reduce the risk of transmitting COVID-19 to anyone else.

Health care workers who are caring for patients with suspected COVID-19 should use appropriate personal protective equipment to protect themselves against COVID-19 "The current recommendations regarding masks are that if you yourself are sick with fever and cough, you can wear a surgical mask to prevent transmission to other people. If you are healthy, there is not thought to be any additional benefit to wearing a mask yourself because the mask is not airtight and does not necessarily prevent breathing in of these viral particles, which are very tiny,"​

But wondering what the general feeling is.....

Really looking forward to this - the last F1 race I attended was Silverstone in 2004!
So far, the word is still go for the support races. Organisers(ARG) for TCR/S5000, are waiting for official reports if the event is cancelled.

Virgin Australia Supercars are also waiting for official confirmation.

There is travel restrictions on Italy but no ban as of now, it's unclear if it will go ahead though, because if it changes to a ban then the race is off as 2 teams will not be able to join.

I thought I read somewhere that if any teams cant make it to any races due to travel restrictions that they could possibly still run the race(s) but just as a non championship rounds (no points).

And yeah, masks wont stop you from getting anything, but can stop you from spreading it.

So far, the word is still go for the support races. Organisers(ARG) for TCR/S5000, are waiting for official reports if the event is cancelled.

Virgin Australia Supercars are also waiting for official confirmation.
Did you really just call it by the Sponsored name??

Back