Auction House glitch?

• Thread starter Its No Use
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Sonic54978
So I was one of the first players to buy Forza Horizon 3 on its opening day of the 27th. It's such a superb game and I couldn't stop playing it.

To the topic of this post, I was checking out the Auction House feature of the game and as I was scrolling through the deals, I noticed a freaking race car on sale. More specifically, it was a Dodge Viper GTS-R. It wasn't in the Autoshow, so I assumed it was a rare item and was like "DUUUDE, THIS IS GREAT!". I tried placing a bid on it, but I got a "marketplace error". It was really strange, since I had Forza Motorsport 5 and 6, so I didn't understand why I couldn't download it, even if it was in the game. I thought it was DLC, but that wouldn't make sense because I did the same thing on the Koenisegg Regera (a DLC car that I don't have), and instead of a marketplace error, it took me right to the option to buy the DLC pack where the car came from.

Why are there race cars being put up in the auction houses when they were never meant to be sold? Why do they even exist in Forza Horizon 3?

So I was one of the first players to buy Forza Horizon 3 on its opening day of the 27th. It's such a superb game and I couldn't stop playing it.

To the topic of this post, I was checking out the Auction House feature of the game and as I was scrolling through the deals, I noticed a freaking race car on sale. More specifically, it was a Dodge Viper GTS-R. It wasn't in the Autoshow, so I assumed it was a rare item and was like "DUUUDE, THIS IS GREAT!". I tried placing a bid on it, but I got a "marketplace error". It was really strange, since I had Forza Motorsport 5 and 6, so I didn't understand why I couldn't download it, even if it was in the game. I thought it was DLC, but that wouldn't make sense because I did the same thing on the Koenisegg Regera (a DLC car that I don't have), and instead of a marketplace error, it took me right to the option to buy the DLC pack where the car came from.

Why are there race cars being put up in the auction houses when they were never meant to be sold? Why do they even exist in Forza Horizon 3?
Okay, so, the race cars are apart of the All-Stars pack (here's the trailer). You can purchase the pack for $9.99 USD, which you can buy on the Xbox store here. Must have been an error since it didn't give you an option to download the pack.

Hope that helps!

I get a lot of "placing bet failed" ffs.
o hm y god same
there was this awesome three-wheeled car with training wheels and I WANTED IT SO BAD
but when i tried bidding, i got that stupid placing bid failed error and the auction ended soon after ;;

Back