Auction House in Forza5?

• Thread starter symo63
  • 13 comments
There is not. You gotta WORK for dat money and cars. :)

IMHO, I won't miss it. I will also freely speculate that it didn't work out as planned in FM4 (used as a storage place for cars that wouldn't fit in the garage, dirty credits laundering) so they canned it.

I am hopeful with the title update we'll all get the expensive cars quicker.

I really enjoyed the online second hand market between players, it's a nice concept and you can go for a career as a used car dealer there; buying them cheap and selling them with a nice profit.

That's how i got rich on FM4 :cool:

So now that the AH has been removed, how exactly does this system work now? Is there still a storefront?

You can no longer sell cars so there are no secondhand vehicles to buy. Instead you're supposed to make money from creating community content like designs and tunes or from beating Rivals.

I never looked good in a loud check suit and bow tie so used car dealerships are not for me.

You can no longer sell cars so there are no secondhand vehicles to buy. Instead you're supposed to make money from creating community content like designs and tunes or from beating Rivals.

I never looked good in a loud check suit and bow tie so used car dealerships are not for me.
I cant even comprehend this decisions. I really cant. So then how exactly do you sell your custom designs? How do you buy custom designs? I thought this was Forza? What happened to this series? I, along with many others, are just so confused with the decisions made with F5.
EDIT: Some of this confusion was cleared up with the next reply.

Last edited:
You don't buy designs. They're free to the user. When you buy a car you go into the paint menu and search for new designs from a selection of the most popular or by searching for a specific GamerTag using the menu option. If you use the design a lot the person who created it receives money from T10. It's up to the creator to publicise his tunes/designs in other ways like using forums like this one.

I'm glad tunes and designs are free since I need the money for upgrades which are way more expensive in this game. With the new system it's much easier to compare tunes against each other to see which has the best accel/launch/lateral G's etc which was a chore to do with storefront.

I'm also glad I don't have to slog through dozens of anime based designs just to find a decent semi realistic livery. I can't help thinking some people in the previous game got rich on the backs of other gamers like me which isn't quite as easy to do in this edition of the game.

Last edited:
You don't buy designs. They're free to the user. When you buy a car you go into the paint menu and search for new designs from a selection of the most popular or by searching for a specific GamerTag using the menu option. If you use the design a lot the person who created it receives money from T10. It's up to the creator to publicise his tunes/designs in other ways like using forums like this one.

I'm glad tunes and designs are free since I need the money for upgrades which are way more expensive in this game. With the new system it's much easier to compare tunes against each other to see which has the best accel/launch/lateral G's etc which was a chore to do with storefront.

I'm also glad I don't have to slog through dozens of anime based designs just to find a decent semi realistic livery. I can't help thinking some people in the previous game got rich on the backs of other gamers like me which isn't quite as easy to do in this edition of the game.
Oh okay thank you. That sounds a lot better than what was explained above.

I just found out that if you follow a creator then their tunes will show up in the Recommended selection every time. Fezz_ST and Tow Mater 66 here I come. I like that creators have to earn your trust with usable tunes and designs rather than scalping customers with rubbish ones.

See http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/6303078.aspx
Thank you. This is good info to know for when I get the X1 and F5 eventually.

Agreed. The new system is cool in theory but flawed in execution. I thought it was supposed to be tailored to liveries I tend to choose and it's anything but.

I really enjoyed the second hand market between players, it's a nice concept and you can go for a career as a used car dealer there; buying them cheap and selling them with a nice profit.

That's how i got rich on FM4 :cool:

That's what ruined the auction house. At first, one could go into the auction house trying to get a good deal on a car to save some CR versus buying in the dealership. Then the Forza stock market began, wherewith it became a place for a number of individuals to buy up everything listed below retail and then flip it at or above retail. If i can buy a car in the dealership for 240,000, I'm not paying you 250,000 for yours in the auction house, and I'm not even bidding on it for 239,000 and having to wait eight hours to save a whopping 1,000 CR. You do find yourself a good deal and bid on it, only for some bloke to bid on it along with thirty others of that exact model, just so he can stock up on inventory to resell at an inflated price. He'll bid it up above value because he doesn't care; he is just going to mark it up higher anyway.

I miss the auction house, but only the early days; not the days of hardly being able to get a good deal on anything because some people are just reselling everything at 99% to 250% of value.

That's what ruined the auction house. At first, one could go into the auction house trying to get a good deal on a car to save some CR versus buying in the dealership. Then the Forza stock market began, wherewith it became a place for a number of individuals to buy up everything listed below retail and then flip it at or above retail. If i can buy a car in the dealership for 240,000, I'm not paying you 250,000 for yours in the auction house, and I'm not even bidding on it for 239,000 and having to wait eight hours to save a whopping 1,000 CR. You do find yourself a good deal and bid on it, only for some bloke to bid on it along with thirty others of that exact model, just so he can stock up on inventory to resell at an inflated price. He'll bid it up above value because he doesn't care; he is just going to mark it up higher anyway.

I miss the auction house, but only the early days; not the days of hardly being able to get a good deal on anything because some people are just reselling everything at 99% to 250% of value.
Well i didn't trade at stock prices eh although i do know what you are talking about. Many times i saw punters selling cars at equal prices to the ones in game which is just plain ridiculous. I'm guessing if nobody liked the designs on them they wouldn't have gotten sold neither (or so i hope).

I spend hours going through every single page of cars i knew you could find very cheap sometimes, bought them at let's say 20-30% of in game value and turned them over at 60-70% of in game value. I made a lot of millions that way (depending on the car), and gave the people buying it from me still a big discount on the price in the dealerships.

To give you an example, if i was lucky i could find a Ferrari 250 GTO at 6-7 million and i sold it at 8 (which is still 2 million below the price ingame), and hup! 1-2 million on my bank account and everyone is happy :)

Last edited:
Back