Audi 100 (C3) 2.3 E 1986

• Thread starter Humungus
  • 4 comments
Germany
Deep inside
N1Spandel
I know, I know, this is never going to make it into GT, but I'm doing this anyway.
Why?
Because it is neither the S4, nor the V6, not even a quattro. It's just an average Audi 100, and that is why I love it.
For me, the average cars were usually more fun than the fast and expensive sports cars, and that was one of the reasons why I used to love the GT series (well I still do actually, the older installments at least, I'm just hugely disappointed with GT6 and PDs attitude towards the future of GT).
The average cars were what made the GT games stand out and interesting to me, but it seems like PD is going the same route that everyone is going; Supercar this, Racecar that, but given how GT is falling behind the competition in so many ways, is that such a good thing?
I can't tell you how much time I spent doing Arcade races in crappy cars, and I enjoyed all of them, even with the miserable AI.
However, since GT5 the number of average cars added to the game has reduced drastically, which is why I am forced to drive my trusty old Standards companions of the PS2 era if I want some slow-car-fast action.
Sure, there have been a couple of Superminis, but I also like my sedans.
Anyway, before I start telling you my whole life story, I'll leave you with some wonderfully average facts and pics of the car.

Average Facts:
2309cc Inline 5, 132hp, 186Nm
5-speed manual transmission, front-wheel-drive
1370kg
0-60: 10.2s
Top Speed: 202kph

Average Pics:
audi_100_1990_photos_2.jpg

wallpapers_audi_100_1990_2.jpg

2.0 but whatever
innenraum-c4-lenkrad-3481.JPG

quattro but whatever

We need more average cars added to GT, and this is one I can support. I do like the fast cars that were added, but I also like the average "Point A to Point B" cars. Sure Supercars, Sports Cars, and Race Cars are great, but I simply enjoy tuning and driving cars you will usually see on your commute (Subcompacts, sedans, trucks, wagons etc.).

The first 4 GT games originally were packed with a great mix both cars you would normally buy and drive on a fixed budget and rarer cars with high price tags. But lately the majority of cars added to GT are concepts, supercars, racecars, and other high-priced, high-performance cars.

I know the majority of players love to have more supercars in GT simply because they want one yet they cost so expensive in the real world, but there are many of us who also enjoy the less powerful and easily obtainable everyday cars & trucks so we could tune them ourselves to go fast.

If PD can add a good balance of Everyday Commuter Cars and High Performance machines with each new game, then both of those kinds of fans would be happy.

Back