Audi A3 - Fourth Generation

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 22 comments
United Kingdom
Wreckage, Turn 1
PrecisionXCIV
The Audi A3 Sportback made its debut last month, but today the 4-door variant has also been unveiled:
2021-Audi-A3-Sedan-43.jpg

2021-Audi-A3-Sedan-36.jpg

Out of any C-Segment vehicle right now, this is easily the most appealing choice to me. What I love most are the Quattro-inspired, boxy fender flares; In Sportback form, even the Regular Sportback A3 looks a little bit like a modernized Lancia Delta Integrale. No matter which model you go for, you still end up with 80's rally car style flares:
2020-Audi-A3-Sportback-18.jpg

2020-Audi-A3-Sportback-22.jpg

And then there is the interior which continues the sharp and angular theme to create a layout which isn't too dissimilar to something you would typically find inside a Lamborghini:
2020-Audi-A3-Sportback-15.jpg

2020-Audi-A3-Sportback-16.jpg

I don't like the way they've replaced the auto gear lever with what is essentially a toggle switch.

I actually like that. Cars that don't come with a "stick"-shift(manual or auto), I'd like to see the gear selectors on the steering wheel.
Push the button like on a D-pad or Thrustmaster or whatever the game steering wheel designs have. May as well.

The saloon of the A3 has once again come out the best looking. That classic, B5 A5 shape works much better on the smaller model than it does the actual A4 now.

Hey, looking good again audi. They’re been taking a step back every year since 2010, nice to see a nice looking few Audi's again.

BMW though... they're still falling.

The air vents on the driver's side being so high on the dash looks kinda weird, and that toggle gear switch.. I don't know, I'm not digging it but the rest looks fine. I quite like the interior door handle. The exterior on the other hand doesn't look too far from the current one. I'll take the saloon.

The darker colours in the OP look better. Plus, at this stage, 0-60 times are irrelevant. When it can outrun Covid, call me. :sly:

I'm still not a fan of Audi's design language when it comes to those headlights and grills. Why do they have to make them so pointy? I don't understand the appeal of that.

I'm still not a fan of Audi's design language when it comes to those headlights and grills. Why do they have to make them so pointy? I don't understand the appeal of that.

They need to make them look as aggressive as possible in order to encourage people to drive them as close to the car in front as possible. For that is the Audi way.

I don't know how I missed this thread but I kept scrolling and it just kept getting better. :lol:

The first thing I noticed about this car in comparison to the new 2-series is that they both have very similar rectangular fender flares. But somehow Audi has done it much better and avoided contours that cause it to look crashed. Plus, fender flares that shape are appropriate for Audi given the Quattro heritage. I've been super impressed with the aftermarket toughness and reliability of the previous-gen RS3 and I imagine the new one will be similar.

Wow. Of all the Euro performance cars in the American market, Audi is really taking the cake lately. I would absolutely consider owning one of these in the next few years.

Omg the interior lighting matches the car. Love it!

2022-Audi-RS3-Sedan-15.jpg

Last edited:
All looks well and good, until you discover the facelift comes with subscriptions for various features, including dual-zone climate control and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto :ill:

Shareholder capitalism is a hell of a drug. I bet the executives are frothing at the prospect of recurring revenue from cars.

Last edited:
That’s crazy. Unless it gets totalled or gets banned for sipping petrol I’ll be keeping my avatar for a good long while.

Back