Audi A8 Horch - alternative to Maybach?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Emet_PL
  • 6 comments
  • 3,615 views
Messages
610
Poland
Poland
Messages
Emet_PL
Hi! There are nummerous rumours about Audi bringing back the Horch name. It would live in simmilar fashion to Maybach, as a special edition S-Class.
in fact Audi confirmed plans to make and "ultra-luxurious" version of the A8.
https://www.motor1.com/news/351020/ultra-luxurious-audi-a8-confirmed/

So... here is my design vision of how it could look.

Hope some of you will like it.
 
It might suffer the same fate that Maybach originally did. Outside of Germany and maybe Europe these names aren't exactly well known and it was the same problem with Maybach.
 
You are right. I think that's why they want it to exist only as a version of the A8, instead of a fully different model. Less risk.
 
I never knew there was an Audi 'Horch'.
 
I never knew there was an Audi 'Horch'.

Audi means Horch, interestingly enough. The Auto Union Deutsch Industries is a "backronym".

Anyway, I want this car. I'm not normally a fan of the larger Audis but I love this generation of the A8.
 
As long as it's shiny and has two-tone paint I'm sure rich people will line up to lose $50,000 in depreciation the second they drive it off the lot.
 
As long as it's shiny and has two-tone paint I'm sure rich people will line up to lose $50,000 in depreciation the second they drive it off the lot.

If they've made the right choice then it makes it back tenfold during its life under a dustsheet in a garage somewhere in the Emirates.
 
Back