Audi r10; i can't control the car

  • Thread starter Thread starter bloodstriker
  • 9 comments
  • 2,149 views
Messages
278
Australia
Sydney, Austral
Messages
GTP_slowman
The Audi r10 starts to slide as i soon i apply the throttle
OR
it has massive understeer

I tried doing Daytona on Like the Wind and after about 10 restarts, i raged and bought a 787b, and won by like 20 seconds..

I need help.. I also noticed there is no setting to change the downforce, can anyone help with that?

thanks
 
I bought one yesterday and had no problem at all, only change I made was to put on racing soft. Did the le sarthe in 3.30 first try.
 
The engine is rather peaky, isn't it? :p

Gentle on the throttle (especially in 3rd gear). To get used to the car, I suggest putting traction control rather high. Try 6 or so. It helps tame the power oversteer, and then you can later reduce the TC little by litte.

I didn't think the understeer was that bad... when it was, I practiced applying that aforementioned power oversteer. Just a little, once I got more used to the throttle response.
 
The downforce settings is the Aerodynamics in Body/Chassis in the car settings menu. ;)
Because the R10 is a diesel, it is a monster with the amount of torque it has with will be why your getting the snap oversteer when applying the throttle. The best thing to do would be to apply the throttle gently but don't put full throttle untill the car is straight.
If you want, you can try my setup to see if it's any good for you. :)
Aero F 60 R80
LSD Torque 40
LSD Acceleration 50
LSD Braking 27
Ride Height F -12 R -10
Springs F 13.8 R 14.8
Dampers (Ext) F 6 R 6
Dampers (Com) F 6 R 6
Anti-Roll Bars F 6 R 6
Camber F 3.3 R 1.0
Toe F -0.01 R 0.20
Brake Balance F 4 R 7

This setup has pretty much eliminated the understeer but you do still get it on some tracks but not very much at all. ;)
Here's a quick video of me using this setup on Daytona: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znx-FWql9BQ (skip to about 3 mins)
The car still lacks speed on the oval part of the track but everywhere else it was able to keep up with the faster cars where as usually it would have been left behind due to it's understeer. ;)
 
Last edited:
Ok guys thanks alot!
I'll try the settings and reply soon. Btw does chassis improvement (can't remember the name, the one that fixes a damaged chassis in gt auto) improve the handling of a car?
 
I've not noticed any difference with the chassis thing in GT Auto but the Rigidity Improvement in the Tuning Shop is supposed to improve the stability of the car.
 
Changing tyres will be the biggest influence, at least on the rear especially.
 
I really am not a fan of this car either. It just feels so unstable, though I have not really tried to tune it at all I just drove it the way it come from the dealer, I have the stealth version as well and I have never even bothered to drive it based on my first experience with the standard version.
 
Wow! the tune was great! i control the beast. i used it for a few championships but i don't see myself using it for endurance races. Too much work for little gain; the torque is usless, because at low-mid speeds you get heaps of wheel spin (might have to lengthen the final gear though) and it lacks at high speeds. BTW have you driven this in wet weather?
All i have to say is...

"!!!!!!!!!!!!"
 
Adjust the wings or camber of tyres
thats what i did with the wild 787B - and now it drive how i want it....
 
Back