Audi R18 '06 Battery useless

South Africa
Cullinan, Gauteng
wikus_mazal
Hi all , I am new to GT7 so forgive me if this is a stupid question , but what is the point of the Audi R18 '06 having battery power ? When the race starts the battery is only half and before you even complete half a lap it's completely empty and you spend the rest of the race with no battery power. Why even have it in the game then ? Or am I missing something that I must recharge it quicker in some way or something ?

It works as intended. All electric boosted cars have a relatively "bad" battery.

If you think about Formula 1 for example, drivers can't do more than two push laps in a row in qualifying, as the battery needs to be charged back up. But on the other hand, no one wants to run on a used tire anyway.

I also don't think changing the fuel mix changes anything regarding the battery, you just have to live with it. In real life you would be able to adjust how much energy the battery is releasing, but also use the boost whenever you want, as in the LM prototypes it automatically uses the energy in accelerations.

It works as intended. All electric boosted cars have a relatively "bad" battery.

If you think about Formula 1 for example, drivers can't do more than two push laps in a row in qualifying, as the battery needs to be charged back up. But on the other hand, no one wants to run on a used tire anyway.

I also don't think changing the fuel mix changes anything regarding the battery, you just have to live with it. In real life you would be able to adjust how much energy the battery is releasing, but also use the boost whenever you want, as in the LM prototypes it automatically uses the energy in accelerations.
Ok thanx. I would have thought that we would at least be able to disable boost so it can charge up and then enable it again when full.

Ok thanx. I would have thought that we would at least be able to disable boost so it can charge up and then enable it again when full.
Yeah, sadly you can't change that.

It's also worth noting, however, that most races use time accelerated fuel consumption, which includes the battery. So with normal consumption the battery would last longer.

Last edited:
Another thing to note is that there is battery management strategies and charging tricks you can find and use to help with the battery. Dragging the brakes into corners and a few things. I know there are youtube videos from some weeks they ran Gr1 dailies that will show what you can do

We have to say that not all the Gr. 1 cars have equal hybrid systems:
  • Audi R18 probably has the worst one: it only recharges under braking and it has a limited capacity or a limited recharging capability too (I'll explain why this assumption);
  • Porsche 919: it has the best one, because it recharges under braking but also when you do some "lift and coast" and at full throttle (if at speed of over 250 km/h). In fact it has always some power available;
  • Toyota TS030: it recharges under braking (and is often capable of full recharging) and use entirely when on throttle. But at least, as I say moments ago, it has this capability of almost full recharging the battery, even in only one braking zone sometimes;
  • Toyota TS050: system similar to the Audi R18 one, but better optimized I think. I've never had the same problems that I had with the Audi R18 in fact. But it's not efficient like the Porsche one.
Also worth noting that Porsche 919 and Toyota TS050 when using hybrid power run as AWD cars, while Audi R18 and Toyota TS030 run always as MR cars (hybrid power on rear tyres only, like ICE power).

Last edited:
Just like real life, unless conditions are 100% perfect (in this case, 1-2 laps tops) EV's suck in this game.

Hybrids can be fantastic as @GT PRO-AM explained. TS030 and the 919 are some of my favorite Gr.1's. Also the Peugeot (?) VGT... 750R or something like that... That's a really quick car as well. One can tune the TS030 down to like 325hp and it'll still win races due to the KERS (or whatever rapid charge system is used)

Back