Audi R8 Forza Motorsport 3 TV ad shows just how "sim" it is.

• Thread starter StrokerAce
  • 21 comments
PpR_Junkyardspec or GTP_Junkyardspec
PpR Junkyard
I watched the FM3 ad for about the 150th time on TV and noticed a funny near the end of the commercial. The Audi R8 does a burnout away from the camera. With only its rear wheels... The car is 4 wheel drive.

Maybe I was just really bored to notice it but I figure it would just give a few other people some laughs today as well.

I watched the FM3 ad for about the 150th time on TV and noticed a funny near the end of the commercial. The Audi R8 does a burnout away from the camera. With only its rear wheels... The car is 4 wheel drive.

Maybe I was just really bored to notice it but I figure it would just give a few other people some laughs today as well.

Nope, I was too busy enjoying the game instead of being OCD over something so completely pointless.

Another sad troll post. 👎

Another sad troll post. 👎

My god, would you shut up with the "What a sad troll post/topic" or "Another sad troll post" remarks. I'm half inclined to believe you don't even know what a troll is.

Im a pretty active member and own FM3 By the way. So Trolling is not here. :)

And Eric. I know 4wd and AWD cars can do doughnuts and burnouts, both those videos were taken in the wet, the STI was a brake stall, ANY car can do that. Also, the R8 is technically not doing a doughnut its front wheels are spinning as well and throwing the center of rotation around.

Troll = Someone whose first (and often only) posted thread is designed to create arguments or elicit outrage by creating an emotionally charged topic.

StrokerAce's first ever thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85537

Hello!

I need help with converting files from my maxdrive to the pc making them videos/photos any converter programs and such? Any help would be appreciated.

Mods move this thred if needed, I just thought the photo genius's woiuld know what to do here.

Pretty un-trolley... errh... troll-y.

The_Paladin's first thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120595

I just HATE his big mouth, IN MY OPINION he should not let be able to talk about game release at all.

Note the difference. :D

Audi R8 Forza Motorsport 3 TV ad shows just how "sim" it is.

Note this, thats quite troll in my opinion, Forza is a sim and a R8 can do that burnouts.

And about hating kazunori big mouth, thats not trolling, i dont like him speaking about things that never turn out the date or the way he said. Yes, i love Gran Turismo (except GT4 and GT psp, GT5p is pretty good), but i dont like Kaz anymore.
Please notice the date of my fist topic (not the first post at all), thats when we found out that GT5 was delayed yet again after Kaz told quite few times that the game was really soon and coming this year.

I believe that the R8 never sends more than 40% of the torque and hp to the front wheels.

So Paladin and everyone else, why not try and bring more fact into this topic than opinion.

I believe that the R8 never sends more than 40% of the torque and hp to the front wheels.

So Paladin and everyone else, why not try and bring more fact into this topic than opinion.

The fact is on the second post, that video is more than enough.

Thanks guys, ive noticed that all audi r8 launch control starts use front wheel torque. I do learn something everyday.

I appreciate your level heads minus the paladin, users like you are why I come on here just to compete in the WRS.

I was going to say the same thing.. it seems very few AWD cars have a straight 50/50 split, especially high-performance cars. It's definitely not uncommon to see them with more power to the rear.

Thanks guys, ive noticed that all audi r8 launch control starts use front wheel torque. I do learn something everyday.

I appreciate your level heads minus the paladin, users like you are why I come on here just to compete in the WRS.

You started with that thread tittle, im just pointing it.

Now you are talking like this is a personal fight or something, dont you think you are taking things out of context? im talking about how he started a thread with a obvious troll like tone.

Is a fancy way to say "forza tv ad shows how poor sim it is" and he was obviously wrong about it.

And no, i dont feel like going away.

Im a pretty active member and own FM3 By the way. So Trolling is not here. :)

And Eric. I know 4wd and AWD cars can do doughnuts and burnouts, both those videos were taken in the wet, the STI was a brake stall, ANY car can do that. Also, the R8 is technically not doing a doughnut its front wheels are spinning as well and throwing the center of rotation around.

Eh, if you look closely you'll see that the front wheels are only moving along because of the rotation, as much as a RWD's front wheels would be rotatiing. Supercars almost never have a set torque split, the R8 probably can drop down to something like a 10/90% split. So launching them can result in (rear) wheelspin. Evos and STIs tend to be a more constant 50/50, but even that is changing. Some of the STIs have a knob to vary the torque yourself, even.

Eh, if you look closely you'll see that the front wheels are only moving along because of the rotation, as much as a RWD's front wheels would be rotatiing. Supercars almost never have a set torque split, the R8 probably can drop down to something like a 10/90% split. So launching them can result in (rear) wheelspin. Evos and STIs tend to be a more constant 50/50, but even that is changing. Some of the STIs have a knob to vary the torque yourself, even.

This is correct. You can do something like 40/60 or even 35/65 torque split on some of the STIs by way a knob, so there isn't anything unrealistic about a 4WD car being able to spin the rear wheels. I am not sure if the R8 has something like this, but being an Audi, I'd imagine it has a pretty fancy onboard computer, so its probably a safe bet to say the wheelspin can be achievable on the real car.

thats pretty awesome, i'm a pretty big car enthusiast but never got too into 4wd, although i want my next car to be an EVO 8-9. But i never knew they could light up the rear tires like that with the fronts locked like in the STI video. I've seen people disconnect the front axels and do the same. But i guess you learn something everyday. Is it the transfer case that is allowing the front wheels/differential/axels not spin??

definately has the front shafts disconnected!!!!!! Btw the AWD cars that have the torque split is working with steering angle sensors allowing them to drift/do donuts like a RWD seem to be GTR's , 911 turbos and Audi R8. Others that do not have this ability to drift and do donuts are your WRX, Evo ,anything previous Audi (2009 S4 drifts ok but never seen a donut) and AWD Lambos.

Maybe its had a drivetrain swap to RWD? :P

Finally someone with knowledge of the game pipes up.

In the upgrade shop section of Forza 3, it is possible to do drivetrain swaps.

example - convert an AWD vehicle to RWD, convert a FWD vehicle to RWD or AWD.

Or you can also do complete powertrain swaps, such as putting a 5.0 cammer V8 in a Ford Focus.

Back