Audi R8 LM 01 Race car or Peug 908?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Loonycrazyone
  • 26 comments
  • 3,336 views
Messages
503
Messages
tomcarter08
Hello everyone. Question. Which would be a better all round track car for me, the Peug 908 or the Audi R8 LM 01 Race car. Thanks. Advice appreciated.
 
audi... its not disel. Its faster.
 
Audi R8 Race Car '01 is even better than the 908, and only F1 cars beat it in cornering speed. Plus its rare whereas you can acquire the 908 at any time if you have the money. Get the R8. The Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Team Playstation ORECA) '05 isn't quite as good as the '01 model since the '01 version is lighter and revs at a higher RPM, but it's still close and slightly better than the 908. The Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 on the other hand (and the Team Playstation version) are nowhere near the 908 or other R8 race cars.
 
The 908, it's premium.
 
The R8 is faster but the 908 is premium. If you're not into the cockpit view with the premium cars, then i'd go for the R8.
 
No doubt in speed: Audi R8 '01, it's superior in its class (but the GT-ONE can be quicker if you can control it properly)

Peugeot 908 is a great car too, but if you have the opportinuity to buy the Audi, do it, you can always find the 908 in the new dealership.
 
No doubt in speed: Audi R8 '01, it's superior in its class (but the GT-ONE can be quicker if you can control it properly)

The GT-ONE is only better for Superspeedways and other high speed courses in my opinion. But they're all really close anyway, the very best being the Audi R8 Race Car '01, Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Team Playstation ORECA) '05, Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99 and Nissan R89C Race Car '89.
 
They are not all very close, the 905 and the Jaguar XJR-9 are considerably slower. And so is the R89C unless you've pumped it to the max with ~1100bhp. Audi R8 is superior because of its supreme handling, but the GT-ONE can compete with it if you manage to control it properly. It really likes to drift through corners, the GT-ONE, so it's a matter of mastering it. In online physics the GT-ONE has no chance to keep up with the Audi, no cars has (in the same class).
 
Yeah I don't drive them stock. I don't have the 905 but the XJR-9 does corner noticeably slower and the R390 GT1 Race Car '98 and CLK-LM Race Car '98 are even worse. I don't have problems handling the GT-ONE, maybe I just don't push it hard enough.
 
Thanks guys, bit new to GT5, but, i have the Toyota GT-one and bought the Audi R8 01 model, cycled the licences until it turned up, i love it, have yet to compare times to the 908 cos i bought that too.
 
I prefer the Audi, mainly because it was my go to car in GT4, and I got so used to it, and it is just such a good all around car.
 
i have comparisons around cape ring, the 908 runs about 2:18 with me with the AI Bentley right up its behind, the 2005 R8 runs something like a 2:13 and the 2001 a 2:12, not. even. close.
 
i have comparisons around cape ring, the 908 runs about 2:18 with me with the AI Bentley right up its behind, the 2005 R8 runs something like a 2:13 and the 2001 a 2:12, not. even. close.

Really, wow, not even close, me likes my purchases.
 
I answer all of these questions the same and with good reason: BOTH!

--It's a game, there's no reason why not!
 
I have both and I can tell you that the Audi hasn't won 5 le mans for nothing. It is spectacular on a track and provided you don't be silly it will outclass every single car besides the formula and x2010 cars. The Peugeot isn't that far behind but it just isn't fast enough un tuned. If your still unsure take a test drive.
 
I prefer the Audi, mainly because it was my go to car in GT4, and I got so used to it, and it is just such a good all around car.

I must have used that car in over 100000 races in GT4 lol. Will always be one of my favorites.
 
Got both of them,like both of them...get either one,they are both great cars!👍:dopey:
 
Thanks everyone. Anyone got a good tune for the R8 or is that a different section? Many thanks
 
No it's not.

I'm guessing it should have said: No, it's not diesel.

Because the Audi is much faster than the Peugeot, can't discuss it.
 
I'm guessing it should have said: No, it's not diesel.

Because the Audi is much faster than the Peugeot, can't discuss it.

My mistake - was thinking of the 10
 
Thanks everyone. Anyone got a good tune for the R8 or is that a different section? Many thanks

You might be able to find one in the tuning section but really it doesn't need much tuning. Just buy racing soft tires and a high RPM turbo kit, maximize downforce, and I like to even out the spring rates and reduce rear toe angle to 0.10. I leave LSD settings stock and I'm too lazy to perfect the transmission so I usually leave it at 261 mph. :)
 
If you already have the R10, is there any point in spending 4 mil on the R8?
 
^ Yes because the R10 is slow as hell compared to the other LMP/Group C's:banghead:
 
Back