Audi R8 LMS Ultra

• Thread starter SniperRed3
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
Nottingham
After the 1.09 update does anyone have a tune for this as my old tune settings will not work as the springs have been made harder. I'm racing Sunday night and I'm panicking as it just keeps under steering and won't behave it's self around Silverstone.

I haven't tested my Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12 since the update but I have a tuned anniversary edition Audi R8 LMS Ultra in my garage. Link to the garage can be found underneath this post. I believe that the AE tune should transfer across to the normal edition fairly easily.

After the 1.09 update does anyone have a tune for this as my old tune settings will not work as the springs have been made harder. I'm racing Sunday night and I'm panicking as it just keeps under steering and won't behave it's self around Silverstone.

I have just added update for 1.09 ( working camber ), under alternative setup :

AUDI R8 LMS Ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12 489HP to 552HP BLANCPAIN version
Tuned to replicate Audi R8 LMS Ultra Blancpain
Sports Soft to Racing Hard

CAR : Audi R8 LMS Ultra ( Audi Sports Team Phoenix ) '12
Tire : Sports Soft to Racing Hard

Specs
Blancpain Max Power 412kW
Horsepower: 552 HP at 8000 RPM
Torque: 417.6 ft-lb at 6500 RPM
Power Limiter at : 99.6%
Weight: 1250 kg
Ballast : 0 kg
Ballast Position : 0
Weight Distribution : 45 / 55 as stock
Performance Points: 607

Blancpain power based on 2.5 Kg/Hp or 500HP

Horsepower: 500 HP at 6400 RPM
Torque: 417.0 ft-lb at 6300 RPM
Power Limiter at : 90.4%
Performance Points: 594

Blancpain power based on maximum restrictor 365kW
Horsepower: 489 HP at 6400 RPM
Torque: 416.4 ft-lb at 6100 RPM
Power Limiter at : 88.2%
Performance Points: 591

GT AUTO
OIL CHANGE
Improve Body Rigidity ( optional - not installed in this build )
Wheels : Stock
Car Paint : Stock

Tuning Parts Installed :
Racing Exhaust
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Adjustable LSD
Racing Brakes Kit

AERO :
FRONT : 230
REAR : 680 ( Alternative setup is to use stock value or whatever values that suits the track or preferences - I recommend no more than 300 front aero and 730 rear aero, too high will lower acceleration and top speed)

LSD - 2 way high preload
Initial Torque : 28
Acceleration Sensitivity: 38
Braking Sensitivity: 38

Alternate LSD ( loose )
Initial Torque : 34
Acceleration Sensitivity: 34
Braking Sensitivity: 34

Suspension - EIBACH ERS Coil Springs with Bilstein Damper
Front, Rear

Ride Height: 75 75
Spring Rate: 21.43 16.87
Dampers (Compression): 6 7
Dampers (Extension): 5 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 4
Camber Angle: 0.2 0.2 ( use zero camber for max grip )
Toe Angle: -0.07 0.07 - increase rear toe in if want more stability in low speed, I recommend no more than 0.21 as it makes the rear harder to rotate.

Alternative Setup ( Suspension/LSD/Aero ) for 1.09 :

Ride Height: 75 75
Spring Rate: 21.43 19.39 (lowest possible)
Dampers (Compression): 6 7
Dampers (Extension): 5 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 3
Camber Angle: 2.2 3.2
Toe Angle: -0.08 0.08

Alternate Aero :
FRONT : 280
REAR : 680

Alternate LSD ( loose )
Initial Torque : 51
Acceleration Sensitivity: 51
Braking Sensitivity: 51

Transmission - Sequential 6 Speed Adapted Homologated Ratio
Install all power parts
Set Default
Set Final to 5.000
Set Auto Max Speed at 250kmh / 155mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.032
2nd 2.235
3rd 1.765
4th 1.474
5th 1.238
6th 1.037
Set Final : 3.889

Brake Balance
5/4 ( personal BB) or for ABS 0 wheel : 5/4, for ABS 1 - feel free to use your preferred brake balance.

Recommended setting for DS3 user :

Steering sensitivity at +1 or +2, all aids off, except ABS 1 ( if not comfortable with ABS 0 ) with 5/4 brake balance as starting point.

Notes :
This is a replica of Audi R8 LMS Ultra Blancpain version, the power figures depend on the restrictor usage, so I have provided 3 different power levels.

The suspension has been overhauled from my older tune, incorporating new spring rate, damper, ARB, toe and camber. With the new setup, I can use same camber front and back, unlike in the older version :)
Overall the car is easier to drive, safer, and more consistent.

For LSD, I have used the same 2 way setup, with similar setup like in 458 GT3, while gearing also adapted from 458 GT3 homologated ratios, and it worked so well with the R8 LMS.

I have tuned and tested the car at Tsukuba, Brands Hatch GP, Bathurst, Silverstone GP, Nurburgring 24H and Spa :D

With stock gearing and 528HP, it manages 52.5xxs at Tsukuba, 1:23.3xxs at Brands Hatch GP, 2:04s at Bathurst and 2:01s at Silverstone GP, all on 1st lap :D

To replicate 2014 Audi R8 LMS, I would suggest to run at 500HP

Please leave feedback about the replica, I always consider this car as a work in progress

UPDATE : Added new alternate suspension and aero set, the alternate setup offers better low speed stability and lighter steering at medium and higher speed, LSD remains the same. The new alternate setup is capable of 1:59s at Silverstone GP :eek: with 552HP.

UPDATE for 1.09 : Added alternate suspension/LSD/aero to suit with the camber that now works, thanks to @danbojte for the test.

The alternative setup 1.09 has been tested with a G27 wheel, should work at Silverstone GP.

Last edited:
I had a setup that would eliminate most of the snap oversteer, but replaced it with manageable understeer. Now with 1.09, it's useless now, the new stock setup for it is better than my old one...

Thank you Ridox, I was just wondering about the LSD it seems a little high but It feels good, I need to tune the transmission for Silverstone now.

Thank you Ridox, I was just wondering about the LSD it seems a little high but It feels good, I need to tune the transmission for Silverstone now.

The rear spring rate for 1.09 update is 19.39kg/mm, I updated the tune again :) For Silverstone, the transmission ratio included in the replica tune should work as it was tested at Silverstone and did 2:01s on RH with 528HP and 1:59s on RH at 552HP. If you want quicker acceleration, use higher final 3.989 or 4.100 ( might be too low on top speed ). The 3.889 final was optimized for balance and top speed at Bathurst conrod straight.

Back