Audi Rosemeyer W16 Concept 2000

CORRUPTEDDISC

(Banned)
United Kingdom
UK
CORRUPTED_DISC
image.jpg

This concept supercar from Audi is powered by an 8 litre 780 bhp W16 engine, which is essentially a less powerful variation of the Bugatti Veyrons engine. It is also equipped with Audi's trademark AWD system, and is designed to pay homage to Berndt Rosemeyer and the legendary V16 Type C Streamliner that he died in after crashing at over 260 mph on a stretch of Autobahn in the 1930's.

The Rosemeyer concept is reportedly capable of 220 mph, and although it was never intended for production, it would still be a very fast car to drive on GT...

I'm pretty happy we got the R8 over this. It's just so much.... ehhhh. Proportions are all weird. At least the interior is nice.
Looks like someone melted a TT and then stretched it.

It's a little tasteless to make a homage to one of your historic race cars and name it after one of the pilots it killed...

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that lol. Also, it looks like some kind of munted love child of a TT and a Veyron. It's ridiculously ugly.

-> I've never see it as a 'deformed' TT, in fact I see it as a 'Steam Punked' super car.

View attachment 106155

This concept supercar from Audi is powered by an 8 litre 780 bhp W16 engine, which is essentially a less powerful variation of the Bugatti Veyrons engine. It is also equipped with Audi's trademark AWD system, and is designed to pay homage to Berndt Rosemeyer and the legendary V16 Type C Streamliner that he died in after crashing at over 260 mph on a stretch of Autobahn in the 1930's.

The Rosemeyer concept is reportedly capable of 220 mph, and although it was never intended for production, it would still be a very fast car to drive on GT...
It has stolen the lights and grill from a Veyron.

Last edited:
The styling is based on Auto Unions' vintage Grand Prix cars, which showcased the oval/kidney grille long before the Veyron.
Still, Bugatti's grill dates back from the start of the company.
Also, the wheels remind me of Bugatti wheels...
But yes, I still missed the date of the concept.

And actually, after some thought, I quite liked the way it looked.

Reminded that:

1. "Bugatti grill" is actually what most grills are for all manufacturers from 1930's gran prix.
2. Volkswagen Group owns both Audi and Bugatti. And if my mind is correct, said concept car is actually a Bugatti Veyron on its very early development before realizing the Bugatti needs a brand recognition.

Reminded that:

1. "Bugatti grill" is actually what most grills are for all manufacturers from 1930's gran prix.
2. Volkswagen Group owns both Audi and Bugatti. And if my mind is correct, said concept car is actually a Bugatti Veyron on its very early development before realizing the Bugatti needs a brand recognition.
No, the earliest 'Veyron' was the EB112 Concept, I believe.
The Rosemeyer was probably an variation of the Nardo, but that's just my speculation.

Even before the EB112 there was the the W12-powered Audi AVUS concept way back in 1991.
audi-avus_frontside.jpg

Note the headlights, nearly identical to those of the final Veyron, and the large six-spoke wheels reminiscent of those on the later Rosemeyer and Chiron concept cars.

Even before the EB112 there was the the W12-powered Audi AVUS concept way back in 1991.
audi-avus_frontside.jpg

Note the headlights, nearly identical to those of the final Veyron, and the large six-spoke wheels reminiscent of those on the later Rosemeyer and Chiron concept cars.
That, in my opinion, looks lovely.

Back