Audi RS6 (C7) DTM by Caresto and Stertman Motorsport "Jon Olsson" 2015

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 7 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight presents the fastest Audi RS6 at the moment and if not one of the most powerful Audi RS6 DTM Stationwagon ... sounds to me like the perfect family car.
Jon Olsson (a professional skier) is one of those annoying people who lives an Instagram lifestyle so good it doesn't need a filter. I don't mind since the guy comes with cars like this one, I loved!

Only hope he will put some TRAX-wheels underneath like Ken Block did.

Another suggestion by Slender_Man!

2ew2q20.jpg

The guy has a varity choice of awesome cars, not content with rubbing shoulders with the proletariat on the ski bus, in the past he's slapped a roof box on to a modified GT-R, Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo and Murcielago SV and even a Le Mans-style prototype race car and made his way to the slopes that way.​

What you see here is his latest project: an Audi RS6 of unrivalled insanity.

The car was designed by Koenigsegg's former chief engineer and takes inspiration from the carbon fibre-clad, bewinged world of Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM) - Germany's hyper-tech touring cars.

Its sharp-edged aero appendages look nuts enough, but under the skin is where things have really been turned up a notch, for beneath the RS6's bonnet lurk two blingy 18-karat gold anodized turbo chargers. These help take the twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 from 552bhp to a staggering 950bhp if Jon buys his petrol from the shops. If he gets some high-octane go-juice from a race track, he's staring down the barrel at over 1000bhp.

Intended to be used as a daily driver, the hard task of balancing the scales between everyday drivability and rip-your-face-off DTM performance was handed to Stertman Motorsport.

To find some sort of equilibrium, custom suspension from Intrax was sourced, along with Movit's biggest brake kit and a race exhaust kit from Milltek Sport.

The pièce de résistance is a clear-coat carbon roof box. It took 56 Nord over a year to make and handily boosts the RS6's 565-litre bootspace by swallowing the fattest pair of powder skis on the market.

"I have always loved the crazy widebody style of the DTM cars," Jon said when unveiling the car, "and its been a dream to build a similar car for the road."

If you want to see the car in person, Jon will be piloting it from Stockholm to Las Vegas in May on this year's Gumball 3000. If you're in the vicinity - which given it's taking place over most of the Earth, you probably will be - hit the streets and give him a wave. We're sure you'll hear him coming.

Enjoy!

dw6eyr.jpg

2z6xixd.jpg

ajmf0g.jpg

5dtgfp.jpg

30trog4.jpg

11husm0.jpg

11l08br.jpg

images

OTHER AUDIS CAN BE FOUND HERE

Last edited:
Oh, is this thing going to be in the Gumball 3000 this year? Policemen all over the world are going to be soooo mad when they see it!

Back