Audi TT-R Touring question

  • Thread starter Thread starter iLex
  • 12 comments
  • 828 views
Messages
1,155
Messages
gtp_iLex
I'm in the DTM now, driving a stock Audi TT-R with hard racing tires. There is another Audi TT-R driving, but my car is much, much faster than the rest of the field.
The things I did:
- I bought a Stage 3 turbo, bu did NOT fit it. Checked it 5 times, it's not on the car.
- Turned off driving aids except for TCS (4).

The settings menu shows that my car has around 470bhp (which is the stock power). How is it possible that the other cars (even the other TT) are unable to keep up with me? It can not be my driving skills...so... :confused:

edit: you can delete this thread if you want... my B-spec driver could not win with this car, so it must have been my foot on the accelerator :)
 
The DTM cars seem to be like the JGTC cars- not fast enough.

Specifically, I would say that the A.I. is slower than us because we can go flat out through certain sections where the A.I. lifts off the throttle.
 
It is definitely your right foot, the AI isn't that good in DTM - I can beat them routinely by 20-40 seconds per race, depending on the track.

Go on and turn the TCS to 1 or even to 0 if you don't have a lead foot, then you'll run away even more. :)

- R -
 
Greycap
Go on and turn the TCS to 1 or even to 0 if you don't have a lead foot, then you'll run away even more. :)

I'll do that....:sly: thanks!

I'll also try a slower car btw.
 
Edit weight to your car in the ballast/weight ballance section at settings, you'll be still faster but not that much faster 👍
 
I often use B-spec Bob to whore this race for cash, and the thing that I can't understand is this. Bob uses a stock TT-R, with medium tires and default settings. I then set the speed gauge to 5, and highlight the overtake option, and sit back and have a fag.

Once the race is over, Bob has trounced the competition, and bags me a tidy sum of cash. If Bob can win the race, how come the AI can't? Are there two different types of AI in operation in the races that he operates in?
 
For more of a challenge, do the DTM series in the Mercedes-Benz AMG 190E 2.5 16V Evolution II. But if you're a decent driver, you'll still cruise to victory -- you just won't have quite as wide a victory margin. :)
 
jbrennen
For more of a challenge, do the DTM series in the Mercedes-Benz AMG 190E 2.5 16V Evolution II. But if you're a decent driver, you'll still cruise to victory -- you just won't have quite as wide a victory margin. :)

Yes, but I find that it is only a challenge on R1 tires with full ballast.
 
The Mercedes-Benz AMG 190E Evo II Touring Car is by far my favorite DTM racecar.
 
magburner
I often use B-spec Bob to whore this race for cash, and the thing that I can't understand is this. Bob uses a stock TT-R, with medium tires and default settings. I then set the speed gauge to 5, and highlight the overtake option, and sit back and have a fag.

Once the race is over, Bob has trounced the competition, and bags me a tidy sum of cash. If Bob can win the race, how come the AI can't? Are there two different types of AI in operation in the races that he operates in?

hmmm, my Bob has some serious problems winning this in a stock TT-R (I think on R2 tires, not sure). He came in 6 - 3 - 1 - 3 - 3 or so....really weird. Has about 5900 points, so that might be the problem.

btw: the AI in the Audi A3 cup is also terrible. I ran a completely stock (no new tires, no fiddling with the aids) A3 3.2 Quattro against 5 other 3.2 Quattro's and crushed the competition. And again: I know where the accelerator is, but I'm not a brilliant driver.
Ok, you can do this race without a license and it may be nice for new GT4 players that the race is a bit easier. A game that supports the tuning of cars could make the races a bit more challenging though when your driving the same car as your competition. If it's too hard, you can always fit a turbo :dopey: (NA tuning in the case of the A3)
 
I find that B-Spec running on Level 3 is roughly equivalent to the AI.
 
iLex
hmmm, my Bob has some serious problems winning this in a stock TT-R (I think on R2 tires, not sure). He came in 6 - 3 - 1 - 3 - 3 or so....really weird. Has about 5900 points, so that might be the problem.

That might be the problem. As for the tires, I think they are R3's (medium's).

My Bob has 7922 overall skill, 94 machine skill, 80 course skill, and 74 battle skill. It is very rare that Bob fails to bag me all the available cash; Having said that, he does stumble every now and then at Opera Paris.
 
magburner
That might be the problem. As for the tires, I think they are R3's (medium's).

I don't know whether I changed the tires to R2 or kept the R3 tires... that's why I was not sure :)

magburner
My Bob has 7922 overall skill, 94 machine skill, 80 course skill, and 74 battle skill. It is very rare that Bob fails to bag me all the available cash; Having said that, he does stumble every now and then at Opera Paris.

Wow, I have to read the thread on 'bob-training' again and start training the guy!

btw: In Holland (and Belgium I think) "BOB" is the name you give someone who doesn't drink on a night out to drive his (:cheers:) friends home. It's part of a big campaign against drinking and driving.
BOB = Bewust Onbeschonken Bestuurder (Consiously Sober Driver or something like that....doesn't work in English... CSD)


edit: The AMG 190E EvoII Touring Car is not really an option for me... I have a genetic dislike of Mercedes :p
 
Back