Audi TT-Sport?

• Thread starter Poverty
  • 19 comments

Poverty

(Banned)
Check out what I found. This is interesting.
Besides the interesting colour scheme...
License plate is that of audi cars.

IN TT 123

Ingolstadt
Audi TT
Car #123

Only Audis from Ingolstadt have those plates. If you look around over the other new presented Audi press photos, you'll notice

DSC09512-vi.jpg

DSC09520-vi.jpg

new lower front bumper
DSC09518-vi.jpg

new rear wing
DSC09521-vi.jpg

DSC09532-vi.jpg

Gah, I'm not feeling that paintjob at all. T only belongs on GT40s and 917's. Nice looking Audi by the way, but not the paint.

I'm thinking those are aftermarket. The dealer probably just slapped on a few extra aero bits and painted it funny to make the car seem cooler. It could also be a version of a race car they have out there. I doubt they would make a sporty version of a car and keep it totally secret and introduce it by sticking it in front of their HQ.

Is it aftermarket stuff? I'd like to see closer pictures of that rear tower brace.

I'll actually venture to go against the grain... I like it... even the weird color on the wheels. Gulf Oil livery (is it?) works pretty well on the TT.

...I'm in the aftermarket camp as well, as the whole thing is very un-Audi to do something like that. It may be an Audi-supported aftermarket model (similar to what GM, Ford, and Chrysler do at SEMA), or some kind of test-mule. Who knows really...

Cool? Kinda.
Would I buy one? Maybe.

What makes me think that its a TT sport is the fact that it has no rear seats, and the braces and other parts of the altered interior look of a very high finish to me.

What makes me think that its a TT sport is the fact that it has no rear seats, and the braces and other parts of the altered interior look of a very high finish to me.
and an aftermarket car can't have thoes things and be done to a high standard? I'd love to know how you can tell how the interior looks to a "high finish", since none of thoes give a good clear view or the inside.

and an aftermarket car can't have thoes things and be done to a high standard? I'd love to know how you can tell how the interior looks to a "high finish", since none of thoes give a good clear view or the inside.

Added to the fact that its planted next to other brand new audi vehicles, and the traditional audi promotional vehicle license plate.

Okay that's fine, but I'd still love to know how you can tell how the interior looks to a "high finish", since none of thoes give a good clear view of the inside.

Wait, so no other company could take the back seats out of an audi and have it look like that, as seen through the rear screen only????

It probably is audi but still....

Wait, so no other company could take the back seats out of an audi and have it look like that, as seen through the rear screen only????

It probably is audi but still....
It's not just that, it's how he can tell it's done to a high finish, for all you can see that bar could be foam and it could be held on by chewed gum. It's unlikley, but for all you can make out in thoes pictures half that interior might not even be secured. Especially that bubble wrap.

That rear wing looks a lot like an Abt style addition. As does the two-tone wheel treatment.

Could be abt now that you mention it. The rims are R8 rims, dont know how long it would take for someone to copy those.

I'm actually surprised it hasn't been mentioned that S3 rims are sitting underneath that white one. Or am I missing something... are those an option on the standard car?

As for the paintjob, please Audi, leave it to the professionals. If this is a return of the Sport though, that's nice to see; I remember Evo finding it the best of the MKI TT's, and it's not like people really use those rear seats anyways, might as well plug that space with something interesting and shiny.

I'll venture to say: the only similarity to the abt wing seems to be that it has three posts. The post design is different, the wing is a bit thinner (seemingly), and the edges of the wing are completely different.

I may be playing devil's advocate, and I may not, but I also spot a few things in that really poor, reflection-obscured rear-end shot...
DSC09523-vi.jpg

The tower bar does seem to be of a high finish, and is color-coordinated with the rest of the interior. The side panels and console also match the orange accent paint-scheme. Besides, that utterly practical and unexciting cargo net on the tower brace? That touch alone makes it look production ready.

And... is that a color matched tennis bag in the missing rear seat? Nifty! :lol:

I'd venture to say, it's highly possible this is Audi work, but, it may just be a display car destined for one of the major car shows. Aftermarket is still a possibility, but if it is, it was probably commissioned by Audi.

One hopes that there'll be favorable response for a TT-Sport, and that Audi will actually produce one. But I don't believe this is it, yet.

Back