Audio Issues Thread

• Thread starter Logsi
  • 0 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
As it's been mentioned a lot in other threads what are everyones experiences with the sound on Project Cars 2?

I was hopeful 2.0 would solve the issues I was having but they have not.

My issues with the audio are as follows;

• Low output in general. Yamaha AV Receiver is up to -26dB when every other game is -36dB. Project Cars 1 was on the loud side and would be at -40dB for me.
  • Boosting up the volume means when you get into a MP lobby everyones mic is too loud and not balanced correctly. Sound like it can possibly break the speakers. Makes me not want to MP due to having to mute everyone...which is a pain in the rear with a G29 wheel given there is no right stick.
  • No presence and bass to the sound. Everything is very flat.
  • Rear engined and a lesser extent mid engined cars on a 5.1 setup sound like the engine sound is pushed hard to the surround speakers. On most setups, surround speakers are generally smaller and sound is emboldened by the sub or front floor standers.
  • Some of the LMP cars are just silent. You can hear the road and wind noise more than the car itself. Give the community event a go at the fuji speedway to see what I mean.
  • General mix of audio is all off. 2.0 seems to have changed it a little bit but it's still not right.
I'm sure I'll add to this some more but for me these are the glaring issues. I'm playing in cockpit view. I go back to other racing games after convincing myself PC2 is ok and it's just still not there by comparison.

Back