Augh!

AUGH! my memory card formats itself when it suddenly loses power. . . I had just bought escudo (Iknow, I know, it is only to be used for the Pikes Peak Up-hill) and as I was doing the pikes peak, I siffered a blackout. I quit the race, saved, and turned off the system after counting to 10, like always. I came back alter and it was GONE! my 80+ hours of play, gone!

If you have a Dex drive you can get saves from online that will give you a
jump start, or I can make a save for you. If not I know how you feel:(.

That is sad.... just to let you know, something like this happened to me a few weeks ago, but it was my own stonepidity :( I erased my best GT3 game with a lesser game. I thought I had the correct card in the slot, then a minute later I was like “uh,....wait a minute”

20+ gold medals down the drain. Customized Vipers (3 of them) gone. Not to mention I had been slowly winning races since July of last year. ..Augh is right.

Last edited:
well, if a save could be made that would be awesome! I even remember how much money I had on me. . . I had checked earlier that day to see if I guessed it right and I hadn't, so the number was permanently engraved upon my mind. What the fudge is a dex drive? one of those things that plugs into the back of the system? if it is, I don't have one. . . could you tell me where to get one?

Jeffolaey11
well, if a save could be made that would be awesome! I even remember how much money I had on me. . . I had checked earlier that day to see if I guessed it right and I hadn't, so the number was permanently engraved upon my mind. What the fudge is a dex drive? one of those things that plugs into the back of the system? if it is, I don't have one. . . could you tell me where to get one?

A dex drive is tool that you put your memory card into and plug into your
computer so you can take save and put them on your computer or get saves from online.
The only place I know to get one is ebay, and I have yet to get one:(.

Parnelli Bone
I erased my best GT3 game with a lesser game. I thought i had the correct card in the slot, then a minute later i was like “uh,....wait a minute”

I did something like that too:(.

Parnelli Bone
'tis such a downer. were you stoned or just stupid? I was both.

No:indiff:, my little sister was buging me at the time:grumpy:.

Jeffolaey11
awesome! thank you all for everything!

Glad I could help:). If you get a dex drive just PM me with what you want
and I will do my best to get it done for you.

nah. All I'll have to do now is save up and re-do my super awesome '95 GT-Four, and I'll be able to do the pacifice and Euro league Gran Turismo races a few times and re-fix myself that way. sorry for the trouble, but thanks for all the help

I had a mem card with a GT3 game on it, I think I had completed all of the beginer races and was starting on the amatuer when it vanished. I was just messing around testing cars and get a feel for GT3 and trying to get used to manual shift. That and a cheat cartridge I was using so that I could buy some of the star cars etc. I think my daughter must have got hold of them both and put them in the bin, only for it to be emptied by myself into the outside smelly bin. By the time I had realised they were long gone.

Sometimes you have to suck lemon's just so you know how sweet life can taste...

I had the PSX freeze up during saving my 3rd new game of GT. The gray brick just stopped midway through saving, and the save was lost.

What ticked me off was that I lost a perfect setting for the Lotus Elise, and never found a good setting for it in GT2 since. It's a good thing that car's so much easier to drive in GT3/GT4.

One way to counter freezing on the Sony PlayStation 2 Slimline models is to open the disc cover and shut it back immediately after you have opened it. If done fast enough, the disc should start whirring again and the save should continue.

Don't do this on any old freeze though, only for important occasions.

TMM
Sometimes you have to suck lemon's just so you know how sweet life can taste...

...and when you are sick, it makes you realize how well you usually are...

Good advice there Condra. I got a slimline but it's been flawless so far.

Back