Aussie Cars in GT7 - I wish

• Thread starter symo63
  • 26 comments
How good would it be to see the Aussie cars make a comeback to GT7. Previously seen cars Holden Monaro, Holden SS commodore, Ford FPV F6, Ford AU V8 Supercar, Ford Falcon. Maybe a refresh with a mixture of classic and modern cars? Thoughts?
Ford Falcon? A plain old Ford Falcon?!?!? That last one was an '04 FPV GT!!! Plain old Ford falcon, sheesh. ;):)

Seriously though, as an owner of both an FPV and an HSV I'd love to see more Aussie content. Things like the GTHO, one of the XA-XC Coupes (probably the XC Cobra) from Ford, and an HK-HG Monaro, XU1 and A9X from Holden would make great inclusions from my viewpoint. Add in all the previous Aussie content and an FG GT-F and a 30th Anniversary HSV for good measure and I'd be over the moon.

Kaz sure is taking a good while to “think about“ what Australian cars he’d like to include. Can’t be that hard to start with a Holden Humpty Dumpty and move up from there. ;)

Ford Falcon? A plain old Ford Falcon?!?!? That last one was an '04 FPV GT!!! Plain old Ford falcon, sheesh. ;):)

Seriously though, as an owner of both an FPV and an HSV I'd love to see more Aussie content. Things like the GTHO, one of the XA-XC Coupes (probably the XC Cobra) from Ford, and an HK-HG Monaro, XU1 and A9X from Holden would make great inclusions from my viewpoint. Add in all the previous Aussie content and an FG GT-F and a 30th Anniversary HSV for good measure and I'd be over the moon.
Updated now couldn’t remember if it was the GT or XR8. But point taken. Lol

It’s a weird one that we’ve finally got Scapes of Australia. Right there in Victoria where, it’ll place the camera crew near a Supercars team. Plus, plenty of opportunities to encounter car collections. I could think of possibilities, but I don’t know.
I mean, the initial crew that did the Bathurst captures, they’d have to have stopped at the museum. Depending what was there, a good chance to capture some classics.

In Victoria, head to Phillip Island for a look at a couple cars on display in the main reception.

World Time Attack at Eastern Creek would be another location.

SummerNats. Not too sure the PD crew would brave that, buy hey…

Anyway, in this article, PD were given the specs. So, I’m sure, like any other brand, it’d be easy to gather the info they need, to model whatever cars are attainable.

How good would it be to see the Aussie cars make a comeback to GT7. Previously seen cars Holden Monaro, Holden SS commodore, Ford FPV F6, Ford AU V8 Supercar, Ford FPV GT. Maybe a refresh with a mixture of classic and modern cars? Thoughts?
What Aussie cars?
Those IPs are owned by GM & Ford.

it’ll place the camera crew near a Supercars team

Dont forget able licensing, its why we did not get porsche & ferrari for a long time in GT

V8 Supercars is owned by codemasters I think.

Plus, plenty of opportunities to encounter car collections.

SummerNats. Not too sure the PD crew would brave that, buy hey…

Just because their near a shed with a few rare cars does not mean they can just scan it and add it, once again IP.
A vintage Ford design is still owned by Ford
Even if modified, the only difference is when the design is changed enough it becomes a "Custom" like those Custom cars in the Americas, sure they use a chevy corvette or what ever but its been tweaked enough to make it a custom job that the place that did the work has the rights to it.

I want every car.from every gt brought back
That's a high bar that's impossible to reach.

GT5 and GT6 couldn't even do every single car and they used PS2/PSP models for over half of them

What Aussie cars?

Doesn't stop the individual cars themselves being made in Australia. Ford Australia even produced their own engines.

Though there also some other Australian cars that would be great to see. Like the Brabham BT62 or its GT2 counterpart Brabham BT63 and the Veskanda

Last edited:
What Aussie cars?

Dont forget able licensing, its why we did not get porsche & ferrari for a long time in GT

Just because their near a shed with a few rare cars does not mean they can just scan it and add it, once again IP.
A vintage Ford design is still owned by Ford
Even if modified, the only difference is when the design is changed enough it becomes a "Custom" like those Custom cars in the Americas, sure they use a chevy corvette or what ever but its been tweaked enough to make it a custom job that the place that did the work has the rights to it.
Supercars are their own entity. The owners have changed hands recently as well and the esports series use iRacing.

I understand it comes down to licensing. We saw with Lotus. We don’t know how many cars PD have scanned and and ready to go and waiting on licensing. Like, I’m not sure how PD went about that Espada. Did they ask Lamborghini to scan it or did the owner contact PD? Or did PD contact the owner?

Bring back the F6 Typhoon, we need the Barra engine. But that's not all - we need the AU, FG and FG-X Falcon Supercar, VX, VF and ZB Commodore Supercar, HT, HQ and VT Monaro, VF Commodore, GT-HO Falcon, XB Falcon, FG-X Falcon, HSV GTS-R (VR), HSV GTS-R W1 (VF), BA Falcon GT, HSV Coupe 4 and Torana SLR5000. All of these cars have a loyal following and would gladly be accepted by everyone, Australian or not. I could go on with stuff like the Blue Meanie and Walkinshaw VL but I've already made my point.

Supercars are their own entity. The owners have changed hands recently as well and the esports series use iRacing.

I understand it comes down to licensing. We saw with Lotus. We don’t know how many cars PD have scanned and and ready to go and waiting on licensing. Like, I’m not sure how PD went about that Espada. Did they ask Lamborghini to scan it or did the owner contact PD? Or did PD contact the owner?

Well they did scan that Lambo in GT2 and could not use it as well as that porsche in GT3.
PD not being able to get Porsche licenses is why they used RUF.
They weren't Porsches but they were damn close due to using the same chassis.

A decent Holden Commodore would make these 'grind races' much more bearable. 😪
Holden-Commodore-Motorsport-special-edition-driving.jpg

How good would it be to see the Aussie cars make a comeback to GT7. Previously seen cars Holden Monaro, Holden SS commodore, Ford FPV F6, Ford AU V8 Supercar, Ford FPV GT. Maybe a refresh with a mixture of classic and modern cars? Thoughts?

There never was a abundance of them but I miss them with none at all.

Last edited:
What Aussie cars?
So, because they are american companies, there can't be Aussie Cars... Also Nissan, Mercedes and Volvo had cars on recent years on the series, shouldn't be Aussie cars for the sake of this discussion?
The Holden Commodore were build specifically for Australian market (although the latest generation of the Commodore was simply a rebadged Opel/Vauxhall Insignia), so was the Ford Falcon since the 70s, when were cut the ties with the american version of the Falcon.
The race versions of Nissan/Mercedes/Volvo cars, despite deriving from "global" models, were propose build to this championship, around the common platform.

Probably not. On early 2000s Codemaster indeed released a couple of "V8 Supercars" titles, but apart from that, V8 supercars have been present in games from other publishers, including Microsoft (Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon), Electronic Arts (Real Racing, which was release well before EA adquired Codemasters) and iRacing, at the same time the cars have been appearing on Grid series.

So the new 'Forza Motorsport 8' will be getting the 'VF Supercar' on release, so I wonder what's stopping GT from making it happen. 😢
FykO9EtacAEk6LO

Last edited:
Forza generally had a nice collection of Australian cars to copy paste but i wish to add in GT7 Ford Falcon and Holden Commodore from Supercars!!!

Six years later. Still waiting for when the time is right…
The real Mount Panorama, which is actually a public road, currently hosts four events annually, including the Bathurst 12-Hour and the Bathurst 1000 (Australia’s marquee local racing event). Fans of the latter may be disappointed to learn that no V8 Supercars have snuck into the GT Sport roster but, according to Yamauchi, that should change “eventually.”

“The organisers of the V8 Supercars and Gran Turismo have maintained a good relationship from quite some time in the past, and there’s no doubt that they will eventually be included in Gran Turismo when the time is right,” he said.

I’m going to guess Sony doesn’t want to pay what Supercars are asking and, knowing Supercars, I wouldn’t blame them.

For sure. That would be a lot of circuits to try and fit in a GT game. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Newcastle(city circuit that PD wouldn’t want to replicate)
Adelaide(far enough from big buildings)
Albert Park(mixed signals with this one)
Simmons Plains(so easy)
Barbagallo(another easy circuit to model)
Darwin(another easy circuit to model)
Townsville(half park and street circuit)
Sydney Motorsport Park(multiple layouts)
The Bend Motorsport Park(multiple layouts)
Sandown Raceway(I got nothing)
Gold Coast(city circuit ain’t happening)

Add possible Singapore, but another city circuit that won’t happen.

Too late to include Pukekohe in any list.

Those “Aussie Racing Cars” series cars would be cool right?
Yes. ;)

I want every car.from every gt brought back
I actually don't agree with this. I feel like some cars would be superfluous. For example, I feel like with the Mazda RX-8, I'd be fine with the currently available Spirit R being joined by an older, pre-2008 model - before they refreshed the design. The 2007 Type S that was a premium model in GT6 would be good. I'd also be fine with a potential made-for-game Gr.4 version based on the newer Spirit R that we already have, but nothing more than that. We don't need both concept versions of the RX-8, the LM race car based on said concepts, nor any of the three models from 2003.

That said, there are certainly some historically-significant machines seen in previous GT titles that I'd like to see, even if we limit ourselves to Mazda. There's the Cosmo Sport from the late 60s, as well as both at least one iteration of the NB and NC Roadster models. Then there's the early-90s version of the RX-7 FD, which does look a bit more subtle compared to the Spirit R version we have. Finally, the Mazdaspeed Atenza from 2005 could be a fun drive, too.

EDIT: But to be more on-topic, I agree that more AU cars would be great, especially if Mt. Panorama was supplemented by the Phillip Island circuit. I do hear a V8 Supercar would potentially end up being in Gr.3, too.

Last edited:
I‘m watching the 2023 Kuhmo Tyres Australian V8 Touring Cars series. Features V8 Supercars from the XR8, VE Commodore, FG Falcon eras. Thinking about that hopium/copium/fantasy/“leaked” car list, that was floating around in a YouTube video. If PD did model the 2022 Gen2 Supercars Mustang and Commodore, itd be interesting how those two cars would be categorised.

Super Formula are in their own category. Super GT are found with their respective manufacturers. With the Gen2 Supercars, the Ford Australia/Ford Performance supported, DJR-Team Penske and Tickford Racing developed Mustang, was still under the (V8)Supercars IP.
The ZB Commodore is different. It was a rebranded Opel Insignia. There’s no more Holden brand and it wouldn’t make sense to place it in the Chevrolet dealership. Having a separate Supercars brand does make sense as both chassis had to be made in Australia. The cars being in and racing in and Australia only(well, soon to possibly race as a support category at an overseas F1 event) series, makes sense as well.

As much as I’d prefer the Gen3 cars be the ones to make it to GT7, if we were to ever see closest to current (V8)Supercars, the tried and tested Gen2 cars would be the better option. In my opinion.

Back