Australian players

Australia
Melbourne
SupervillainX
Hi there,

Since buying GT6 on release, and playing a little online... I've noticed a distinct lack of players in comparison to GT5. As such, 99% of servers I create end up with nobody joining except people (or, person) I know.

The ones that do join, look at the server settings then leave.
The only time people might stay is if the server is running Bathurst...
But to be honest, racing Bathurst 100% of the time gets very dull, very fast.

I've tried joining other people's servers, but all of them have terrible settings.
No penalties, no tyre restrictions, assists enabled, boost, and other things a game that claims to be a simulator shouldn't have, especially when it comes to competitive online racing.
Or they're drag or drift servers... (Ugh).

I've even tried setting up themed servers, like hatchback racing, Roadster/MX-5, classic muscle... stuff like that.
Nobody ever seems interested... though the server browser is pretty bad.
Most of the time needing several refreshes to see all the available servers.

It sure would be nice to have an 'Oceania' filter, instead of being lumped into 'Europe/Australia'.

Anyway!
I am an ageing dude (31) looking for like-minded individuals who enjoy some relatively clean racing, on more tracks than just Bathurst. I race with a G25, if that matters.

I normally run with street cars (race cars occasionally, but I try to keep things low powered because at least 70% of racers can't drive to save themselves at 550pp, let alone 600+).

400 - 600pp for street cars, 600+ for race cars.
Various tracks with various weather and times if available.
5-20 laps (track dependent).
No assists (ABS allowed).
Comfort soft or sport soft tyres (PP dependent).
- Unless we're using race cars, in which case I'll normally run with racing hard.

Strong penalties, no boost, standard tyre wear, standard slipstreaming, etc.

All set up to try keep things as realistic and aid-free as possible.

Well, I guess, any locals interested in this kind of racing... feel free to send me a friend request, along with a message saying hello, etc. :)

PSN: SupervillainX

I'll say hello just because I am Australian and even more aging than you (42)... but unfortunately I am not that interested in street cars unless they are the exotics.. I've also had my say about assists in other treads ;)

Good luck

I'm not a forum regular so I haven't seen any of your previous posts.

How can you not be interested in street cars? They're much more fun to drive. :)

Well, I am Italian and 21 years old, I know it would be hard to play together but if you want to add me you are welcome. I'm used to play with english guys racing GT3 cars and street cars on differents tracks, especially nurburgring and spa. My id is DEV-DAVIDE, hope to see you on track :)

I'm not a forum regular so I haven't seen any of your previous posts.

How can you not be interested in street cars? They're much more fun to drive. :)

mmm maybe 'cause I've always used GT as escape-ism... and I have much more fun doing that in a SLS GT3 (for example) than a bog standard POS I can watch drive down the street any day of the week :P

Hey all,
I run a Tuesday night Racing event. We try to keep the racing clean (no bumping or corner cutting) and no driver aids (ABS =1)
We car currently racing GT300 base models but tend to do street cars between 400 to 550 pp on Sports Tyres.
We are in our 9th Season of racing.
Here is where we came from (seasons 1 to 5)

Now are are doing this (this was our last race, recorded live as I raced)

More info on what we do is at
http://ozcomobros.myfreeforum.org/

If you want Hard Core racing, then I suggest to check out Oz Racing Series (on a monday night)
These guys are FAST!
http://ozracingseries.com.au/

my PSN is velster
We are happy to have clean racers join us :)

Latest Posts

Back