Australians - using Prologue & GT Force Pro?

• Thread starter JB0
  • 6 comments

JB0

Just wondering if there are any Australians out there using the GT force Pro with Prologue. I have both the Chineese and Korean versions of Prologue, and an Australian purchased GT force Pro. I am having problems with the wheel (with both versions), and it was recently replaced with another, which still exhibits the same problems. I have also tried the wheels with a Chinese version of the game on a Japanese playstation. Please refer to this thread for a description of the problem: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/t-39865.html

If any Australians have an Australian purchased wheel with any combination of Prologue - I would really appreciate it if you could contact me. My email is: jbarter@iprimus.com.au

Thanks.

You mean the car won't turn at full lock? I still say it's not a bug but normal physics of a car, you're not supposed to turn the wheel to full lock when driving at normal speeds. Cars usually start understeering if you're going over 20kph or 15mph when turning at full lock.. :rolleyes:

You mean the car won't turn at full lock? I still say it's not a bug but normal physics of a car, you're not supposed to turn the wheel to full lock when driving at normal speeds. Cars usually start understeering if you're going over 20kph or 15mph when turning at full lock..

Speed Drifter - I believe we have already been through this in the previous thread! For the second time: I do understand understeer.

In the previous thread Arwin's comment about his wheel was as follows "I've just driven circles at full lock and braked, and the car would come to a stop while still making the circle and with the wheels fully turned. No problem. Tried the same thing with the Takata, and no problems there either - the car will straighten out a slight bit at higher speeds, but that's normal physics like Speed Drifter mentioned".

This is how the wheel should behave - ie, normal understeer. Mine does not do this. In my original post I mention that: "... the car ceases to turn and just moves forward only". It doesn't "straighten out a bit" but rather does not turn at all. Infact it almost appears to turn slightly the other direction. This has also been immediately noticed by friends who try the wheel.

I do not disagree with your statement above, however you are missing the point. Mabye you should try it out next time you are at a race track...

I just heard from patsi, from france, that he experiences the same problem with full lock using the GT Force (he doesn't have the Pro yet).

Are you sure you've tested this with the 900 degree mode? (two green lights on) Because then it shouldn't bother you much as full lock is practically never necessary.

Even then though it seems clear there is something wrong. You are sure you have this problem with the Korean version too though?

It's certainly possible that your shop has an early batch which all have the same problem. You should write down your type and serial numbers and post it here so you can compare it with others and see if it is old or new.

@Speed Drifter - the full lock of the car and the full lock of the Pro wheel don't coincide - you can steer to full lock with a Takata without even coming near full lock on the wheel.

@JB0 -> make this distinction clearly in your replies and noone will be confused. :D

Thanks Arwin,

I also have the GT force, and luckily it works fine - but it's a bit hard to go back to after the feel of the new wheel.

Regarding 900 degree mode - I have tested it with this and the problem is still there. But as you mention, full lock is not really necessary in 900 degree mode. Nor is it that easy to get to! But this makes no real difference to me as I don't use 900 degree mode - I don't particularly like it, I much prefer 180.

The problem is with both Korean and Chinese version.

I am a little confused myself about your comments to Speed Drifter and myself regarding the full lock of the car and the full lock of the wheel not coinciding. Mine coincide precisely, as I would expect them to. If you take any car (including the Takarta), stay in the one spot, and change to outside view from the front of the car. Rotate the wheel fully in one direction. then rotate it back just marginally. As you rotate back just a tiny amount - you will see the cars wheels moving back from full lock (meaning that the wheel doesn't continue to turn after the car has reached full lock). This also works practically when making circles with the wheel turned fully, and then turned a little back from full - the turning circle alters. I'm not exactly sure what you mean?

I think you're right about the early batch. I might try to find a more recent version.

I was still talking about the 900 degree mode. I'm surprised you prefer the 180 mode, ok it takes a bit of getting used to, and granted coffee break 5 gets a bit trikcy, but other than that it's so much more like the real thing and with appropriate throttle control I almost never turn more than 180 degrees in 900 degree mode anyway, it's just that the ratio throttle/steering becomes tonnes better. For the McLaren you only need to steer about 45 degrees either way during the race, for instance.

I was still talking about the 900 degree mode. I'm surprised you prefer the 180 mode, ok it takes a bit of getting used to, and granted coffee break 5 gets a bit trikcy, but other than that it's so much more like the real thing and with appropriate throttle control I almost never turn more than 180 degrees in 900 degree mode anyway, it's just that the ratio throttle/steering becomes tonnes better. For the McLaren you only need to steer about 45 degrees either way during the race, for instance.

So was I. But I think I know what you mean now: The fact that you can reach the limits of available grip on any given corner by only turning a fraction of the way with the wheel. ie: not really full lock - but as far as the lock will go without causing severe problems. I do understand this - and that this is different to the pad (ie: that holding the stick to one side - the wheels will only turn as much as the speed will allow) - but mine does have issues. Particularly when at low speeds it still won't turn and brake.

Oh well - I think I'll try again. Thanks for your help.

Back