Autódromo José Carlos Pace (Interlagos)Confirmed (GT6) 

• Thread starter mtsmtts
  • 29 comments
Brazil
Brazil
mtsmtts
Maybe the most famous track on South America, "Interlagos" is well know for being the venue of the Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix. Also, holds the World Endurance Championship 6 Hours of São Paulo, 1000 Miles of Brazil, Stock Car Brasil, Fórmula Truck and Turismo Competición 2000.

The present design of the track dates back from 1990, when the original circuit was shortened from 7,829 m to only 4,397 m (so that it could fit the new FIA restrictions on track length). As a consequence of the reduction, the track lost three long straight sections and nine fast curves (5 were lost forever, 4 were made slower and are still there). Senna gave the idea of making an "S" connecting the two straights on this new layout. The name of this turn was named after the driver's name, being now know as the "Senna S".

VF1-BRZ.png

--------------------/ Videos / ---------------------
1991's Brazilian GP

1993's Brazilian GP video, for some reason, was removed from the youtube. :confused:

2013's GP - Massa and Vettel doing donnuts after the race.

Last edited:
This track WILL be in the game in May when they add the Ayrton Senna update. I mean is says Interlagos on that billboard in the start-up video that has Senna's McLaren on it.

This track WILL be in the game in May when they add the Ayrton Senna update. I mean is says Interlagos on that billboard in the start-up video that has Senna's McLaren on it.
Really? Didn't noticed that. :drool:

But that doesn't necessary means that the track will be on the game. Its just a movie.

The opening:

Would be great to see the full old circuit as well, highly unlikely though.
Yeah, i saw the documentary KAZ a few minutes ago, and theres a part on the beginning, or maybe on the middle of the documentary, that show us how they do the circuit thing. Car with laser scanners (somewhat like Google's street view),
drone flying around and taking pictures, helicopter flying right above the track with guys taking high quality pictures of the track and surroundings (for texture I guess), teams who goes on track to get the feeling of the environment, so they try to get the exactly thing. Man, it's like an art, it's not just "oh, lets go to the track with a laser scanner and we do the rest on the pc's", no, they try and push really hard the teams to take the REAL thing into the game. It's not the precision about measurement and size, but the feeling. The atmosphere and soul of the track.

This makes me think they'll never place an obsolete layout. Just like Fuji, they've removed the good 1986-2004 layout of the game (I think that was removed on gt5, it was available on gt4 if I remember well). That was a really good one layout, but they can't go inside a time machine to get the real thing AND the level of precision they wanted for the new games (gt5 and 6). Maybe for Gran Turismo 4 it worked well, but for gt5 and gt6, this same layout that was OK for gt4, was not so good - or precise enough - to keep it on the game. Like the process was described on KAZ, a recreation would never be at the same level of a new work, like the ones they done for gt6 (willow springs, etc.)

Of course they got the knowledge and capacity of making tracks without everything that was said. We've got tons of really good GT's originals courses, but to make a track the same way you do a original courses, it's totally different.

So, yeah. Nope for old layout. I guess. (maybe I'll be surprised :rolleyes:)

Oh, and in case of an unlikely old layout bring in the game, it should be something like Sudschleife, or maybe from another classic track. Interlagos is a must for me, but just the actual thing would be ok.

Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-1927-S%C3%BCdschleife.svg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Südschleife

Amac500 = Interesting, but where did you learn about the Senna update scheduled in May ?

I know that this track has already appeared in numerous (mostly F1) racing games. But PD have proved that they are the kings of bringing "Real" Tracks & Circuits to life. Polyphonys versions of Suzuka & Brands in GT6 stand head and shoulders above any previous versions, by other developers (IMO).

Surely Interlagos must make an appearance, if only purely based on its importance iro Ayrton Senna.

Amac500 = Interesting, but where did you learn about the Senna update scheduled in May ?

I know that this track has already appeared in numerous (mostly F1) racing games. But PD have proved that they are the kings of bringing "Real" Tracks & Circuits to life. Polyphonys versions of Suzuka & Brands in GT6 stand head and shoulders above any previous versions, by other developers (IMO).

Surely Interlagos must make an appearance, if only purely based on its importance iro Ayrton Senna.

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-gt6-launch-interview/

“In regards to the collaborations we’re going to do with the Ayrton Senna institute, the goal is to do something around May of next year, which would be the 20th year after his passing." -Kaz

When PD released the Senna DLC they should have included either Imola or Interlagos , but nope , too much work for them. :banghead:
They should had included Macau, Estoril & Monaco with dynamic weather too, since those tracks are mentioned in the slideshow. It makes no sense to mention tracks that were important in Senna's career in the slideshow and not include them in the game.

The full course of this is in CdPM and it is so much fun. I really hope to see it join GT. :) Before I drove it I didn't really care for it, but after driving it, we need this! :)

What a total shame that PDI didn't include this in the "Ayrton Senna Update", the same goes to old imola. I thought he were gonna see them since these tracks should be a major part of the update...:mad:

What a total shame that PDI didn't include this in the "Ayrton Senna Update", the same goes to old imola.
The same could be said about Monaco in the wet, Estoril, & Macau, all those tracks are mentioned in the in-game Senna slideshow but they aren't in GT6.

While casually looking around I realised this thread is marked as confirmed GT6 :confused:
But this track is only featured in the current GT (Sport) correct?? :confused:
It was originally suppose to feature in GT6 but wasn't complete until Sport. I do think that should be changed to "Done (GT Sport)"

Back