Auto-calibration/wheel centering ruined my new T300RS GT.

• Thread starter Korpen
  • 5 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Hey all.

This will be my first post here cus someone recommended me to write about this problem here.

I bought a T300RS GT a few days ago, so it's completely new. This is my first gaming wheel ever.

Anyways, the Wheel seemingly worked fine when I tried it out in some demos. I have no idea how it's supposed to feel like, but I know that it doesn't feel nor behave like it did Before it Went haywire.

I noticed that my Wheel was not on 50% Axis when it was perfectly physically centered so I decided to follow Thrustmasters instructions on how to fix that:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00158.pdf

After I did those steps, my Wheel is not as it should be anymore. If I am idling on desktop it's hard to turn left and right, it centers automatically and when I am near full left/full right (1080 degrees) it starts vibrating. If I open up the Control panel, it doesn't happen. So I tried launching the same games I had tried Before, both with the Control panel in the background and with it closed, and the same issues occured in game. I have no touched any other settings in Control panel.

What I've tried:

Reinstalled drivers.
Unplugged it completely.
Plugged it in Before starting the computer.
Plugged it in after starting the computer.
Re-did the auto-calibration thing 5-6 times, except I had to break against "If using a PC, we recommend performing this procedure via the Windows® Desktop (not in a game), after exiting the Control Panel" since I couldn't do it outside the Control panel because of it being so hard to turn/auto-centers.

I don't know what to do except send it in for warrant. Kinda ridiculous that by following the manufacturers official instructions resulted in a broken Wheel. I wish there were some kind of factory reset or something, because I think the problem would be solved If I got to reset the internal memory and/or firmware.

PS: Ignore random capital letters. Edge is quite bad.

I guess that's also your topic.

Do you switch the wheel in the PS3 mode when plugged in the PC, and in a PS4 mode when plugged in the PS4?
Do you restart your PC after installing the drivers?
If I am idling on desktop it's hard to turn left and right, it centers automatically
It sounds like the Auto-Center settings are set by the wheel on 100%. If this setting is set "by the game (recommended)" no matter what percentage self-centering must disappear in the control panel and on the desktop if not this will be very strange.

I guess that's also your topic.

Do you switch the wheel in the PS3 mode when plugged in the PC, and in a PS4 mode when plugged in the PS4?
Do you restart your PC after installing the drivers?

It sounds like the Auto-Center settings are set by the wheel on 100%. If this setting is set "by the game (recommended)" no matter what percentage self-centering must disappear in the control panel and on the desktop if not this will be very strange.

Yep, that's correct!

Yes to both questions. I am quite experienced when it comes to handling computers and such so I have tried every obvious/common "solution" I can Think of.

I tried changing to "by the Wheel" and changed it to 0, then back to "by the Wheel (recommended)", then it worked fine in both the Control panel and the desktop but not in-game. If I unplugged it and reconnected it, I had to redo the same steps to make it work as it should on desktop. And "by the game (recommended)" has no percentage controller or anything that you can alter. I realize I am more or less repeating what I wrote in my post on reddit, but I don't know if you read the whole post, comments included.

If it just had a factory reset button it would surely be fixed. The auto-calibration procedure stores in the internal memory, so you only have to do it once so if I could wipe that, I Think the Wheel would be acting as it should again. But as far as I know, that's not possible.

I tried changing to "by the Wheel" and changed it to 0, then back to "by the Wheel (recommended)", then it worked fine in both the Control panel and the desktop but not in-game. If I unplugged it and reconnected it, I had to redo the same steps to make it work as it should on desktop. And "by the game (recommended)" has no percentage controller or anything that you can alter. I realize I am more or less repeating what I wrote in my post on reddit, but I don't know if you read the whole post, comments included.
I would suggest you make a video of the problem and get in touch with Thrustmaster they will tell you is there a problem and what can be done.
https://support.thrustmaster.com/en/contact-en/

Maybe just update the firmeware of base and rim. Latest firmware is only 2 weeks old with autocalibration update.
(Package 2018_TTRS_2)

I have contacted the Company I bought it from and made a request to change to another Wheel altogether.

The firmware update was the first thing I did, after I had installed the drivers ofc.

Back