Auto-pulling back on track needs to go!

• Thread starter bmxmitch
  • 32 comments
I've voiced my opinion on this before in terms of immersion breaking and inconveniencing when trying to correct minor mistakes, but it's also irritating as hell that they auto reset the second a car's roof touches the ground. It's like PD is trying to censor the fact that cars can crash. If you hit trackside lumps on Willow or go too far with the curbing in a top-heavy car on Nurburgring or Dragon Trail you will have a rollover, PD have put way too many training wheels on this one and they need to just let physics happen.

So this happened to me yesterday at Big Willow in the last corner: :grumpy:
I managed quite well to save the car and get back on track fast(ish) but then GT decides to reset me :lol:
Clearly 100% my own driving mistake as I was too concentrated on defending against a quicker driver. (also notice the difference in tire wear between the M4 and the GT86!)

Oh god, I feel bad for you there :scared::lol:

It has caused me to have to change my underwear a few times.... Instead of placing the car back in the middle of the freakin' racing line, the car should be replaced at the outside and ghosted standing still for at least 10 secs. Nothing beats coming around a corner smoothly and have a car magically materialize 10 feet in front of you causing you to instinctively swerve and go off track. While we're on the subject of realism, how about "black flagging" douchebags who keep making contact and punting people off? Black flag them so that they get teleported automatically to the pit lane to serve a 30 sec stop and go penalty. Also throw in "marbles" which will certainly make it a lot more realistic and a exercise in patience.

Latest Posts

Back