Auto Union V16: Faster than an Audi R18

• Thread starter JMoney
  • 16 comments
United States
N. Jessamine, KY
JMoney-689
Woodside689
One of the things I've always done in Gran Turismo, since 4, is drive all of the cars in the game around a track (similar to what Top Gear does) and classify the cars to see which are the fastest.

Anyway, I recently bought the Auto Union V16 and took it around the track I use in GT6, Cape Ring Periphery. It recorded a 1:32.7, a surprisingly very good time. Going back in my list of cars, I found that the R18 I previously tested recorded a 1:33.3, .6 of a second slower than the Auto Union.

It's simply mind-boggling to think that a car from 1937 is faster than it's modern-day equivalent from 2011. There could have been other factors at play, such as the fact that I had become more skilled at Cape Ring when I tested the Auto Union, but the result is still incredible.

After the test, I attempted to do the 24 Minutes of Nurburgring in a turbocharged V16, a race I previously won in the R18. However, once it got dark, I realized the Auto Union had no lights, and had to retire.

I'm planning to test the two cars around other tracks soon.

I've been attempting to find a suspension setup that would enable it to turn... Unfortunately, I am not very good at suspension tuning, I use it mainly as an entertainment source.

I've been attempting to find a suspension setup that would enable it to turn... Unfortunately, I am not very good at suspension tuning, I use it mainly as an entertainment source.

It will turn fine above 50 mph, it just can't take tight hairpins. If I had tested them on, say, Eiger, the Auto Union wouldn't be able to complete a lap without using the reverse gear.

It will turn fine above 50 mph, it just can't take tight hairpins. If I had tested them on, say, Eiger, the Auto Union wouldn't be able to complete a lap without using the reverse gear.

What is this "reverse gear" you are talking about? Is it that toe angle bug?

What is this "reverse gear" you are talking about? Is it that toe angle bug?
reverse gear, buddy, as in going in REVERSE. Ya know, that "R" speed that makes you go... in reverse (backwards)... lol

Oh and there's no toe angle bug, toe actually works great in GT6, camber not so much, apparently...

reverse gear, buddy, as in going in REVERSE. Ya know, that "R" speed that makes you go... in reverse (backwards)... lol

Oh and there's no toe angle bug, toe actually works great in GT6, camber not so much, apparently...

There is a toe angle bug on that car.

That would be cool, I might try to start that. Plus, you can paint them, so they won't all look identical.
They would also encourage clean and careful driving, since you are absolutely screwed once you spin out in it. :D

They would also encourage clean and careful driving, since you are absolutely screwed once you spin out in it. :D

I'll allow driving aids if I set it up. I hate clean lobbies that ban driving aids; it's often hard to keep an oversteery car in a straight line unless the driver has a lot of experience with that car and knows it's limits. Luckily that won't be a problem with the Auto Union. I like the slightly dirty lobbies, the ones that allow bumping but not wrecking.

I'll allow driving aids if I set it up. I hate clean lobbies that ban driving aids; it's often hard to keep an oversteery car in a straight line unless the driver has a lot of experience with that car and knows it's limits. Luckily that won't be a problem with the Auto Union. I like the slightly dirty lobbies, the ones that allow bumping but not wrecking.
ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY GOD OF GT6 ONLINE

Latest Posts

Back