Autocross / more cone challenges etc

SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer
Premium
New Zealand
New Zealand
SkylineObsession
Mangosaurus
Something i loved about GT4 (or GT4 Prologue?) was the coffee break challenges where you race through the cones as fast as possible, including having to reverse in some sections.

Gran Turismo Arena could handle a lot more activities like this, and i'm sure most racetracks (real ones) in the game have their own skidpan area that could also be rendered fully and utilised.

Along with drifting, racing, rallying and so on, this is another type of motorsport that should be in GT in an official capacity.

Just simply being able to have the ability to design, create, and modify autocross tracks would be great. I imagine it would be easy for them to implement, at least from a technical perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. Since GT4 Prologue I have wanted more autocross in GT so badly. It seems so easy to implement, just let us customise the positions of the various obstacle components around, then let us upload and share our little cone maps, form an autocross championship! I want this more than drifting or off-road rally.

I'm chair of the autocross program of our local car club, and you have no idea how much I want an autocross editor so that I can pre-test course designs. I use Google SketchUp right now, which is pretty good for checking viewpoints from various positions on course, but I would seriously love to be able to pre-run courses in a variety of different cars in order to make sure that times are pretty equivalent.

I'm chair of the autocross program of our local car club, and you have no idea how much I want an autocross editor so that I can pre-test course designs. I use Google SketchUp right now, which is pretty good for checking viewpoints from various positions on course, but I would seriously love to be able to pre-run courses in a variety of different cars in order to make sure that times are pretty equivalent.

You could always check out live for speed, it looks like they have a quite good one. I have the demo and the physics IMO are a little better than gt6. Not overly drastic difference, but a noticeable one. I don't really want to get the license for $20 just for the autocross (at least if gt6 could do it in the gt arena). Also looks like gtr2 has had a few user made autocross tracks. They look great, but you can't (I can't at least) modify them or know how to make new ones.

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately I don't think LFS is available for the Mac. It may be by now.

I just got the licensed lfs with the autocross and editor. It really is great for autocross. I look forward to playing around with it more and it looks to be useful for actually practicing for real life autocross.

This feature would be very fun and addictive for me. The ability to save cone placement layouts and share with friends or reload at a later date would be a great addition to GT6 or GT7.

Choosing a custom or randomly generated course online would also be great to give everyone the challenge of racing a layout they have never seen before.

Back