Autodrome de Montlhéry

planauto.gif

Last edited:
Hahaha, I grew up there :)

The official name is "Autodrome de Linas-Monthléry".

The "anneau de vitesse" (speed ring) was build in 1922, many people from GB came here in Rocket-like cars to break speed records. First time a car ever broke 200km/h. It was the french equivalent of Monza (ITA), Indianapolis (USA) or Broaklands (GB).

Antonio Ascari, father of Alberto Ascari, died there in 1924 on the road track. Alberto was 6, and Alberto died on Monza, again a high-speed track, like his father before him. Both were considered the best italian pilots of their time.

This belonged to the Paris 1000km (1956-1995), the "Bol d'Or" (first a bike/car race, then bike only, now in Never Magny-Court) from 1937-1970.

Now it's a very well known track among historic car fanatics : a lot of golden age events take place there, with beautifull historic cars, but no more races, the circuit lost his racing homologation in 2004, the circuit was always being very dangerous and now the tarmac is dead aswell.

It's used now by Renault as a test track, especially for pneumatics-suspensions, and surely will be destroyed soon. It's opened to the public to drive on it during car events. A GT appearance migth save it but I doubt people here will remember that track. :)

edit - oh and Ken Blocks is probably the madest man I ever saw on this track. :D
I know a lot of people used to be drifting there (mostly for lulz, no compitions there I think), but not like him.

Formule 3 and Formule 2 cars in 66 (sorry for the funny 90's oldschool racing music there :) :) :)), drivers names should ring a bell :)

Last edited:
Exact Autodrome Linas-Montlhéry. I live right next door, I could watch the "Superproduction"races early fro m 80 (peugeot 505, Camaro). Bliss. I have also been able to drive on this circuit there are some year! Unforgettable

Exact Autodrome Linas-Montlhéry. I live right next door, I could watch the "Superproduction"races early fro m 80 (peugeot 505, Camaro). Bliss. I have also been able to drive on this circuit there are some year! Unforgettable
Haha, we're in the same neigthboor, I live now between Arpajon and Etampes, but lived 25 year in Linas :)

Latest Posts

Back