Automaniax Porsche Online

yes, that was the old agreement, but supposedly someone who got to try it out said it uses the gmotor2 engine. They still used video from the madness engine for the trailers though. Did you read?

This is gmotor2.
7611551434_801ee62f79_o.jpg

Again, read:

Automaniax runs on Madness (Shift/Shift 2/Project CARS) and uses pCARS tracks, with the Porsche models likely part of the work SMS did for Automaniax. Not gMotor2 and not rFactor models.

No! They used the engine for the trailer without permission, the game itself is gMotor 2 with some updated cup mod.

They stole SMS's work and put it in the game.

Does anyone else share my view that the game could be dead after this?

You read one fourm site and now you know the whole story? :rolleyes: I think we should hear both sides of the story before killing a sim. One guy says they stole the madness engine. Yeah your right lets burn them at the stake.:banghead:

You read one fourm site and now you know the whole story? :rolleyes: I think we should hear both sides of the story before killing a sim. One guy says they stole the madness engine. Yeah your right lets burn them at the stake.:banghead:

Well when the guy who made the accusation is the guy who runs the studio that built the engine and has a lot to lose should the allegations turn out to be false, can you think of a good reason to not believe him? Who on Earth would pursue legal action if they didn't know for a fact that they'd win? Also there hasn't been a statement from Automaniax (or it's creators, I'm not sure if that's the dev or just the name of the game) which doesn't really work in their favour, surely if they were innocent they'd be quick to explain the situation?

Does this mean Porsche license is available for all for licensing?

Doesn't look like it, Porsche being Automaniax' 'partners' in producing this title. It's similar to how Codemasters apparently owns the exclusive rights to F1, yet Gran Turismo 5 features Ferrari cars and Simraceway has the rights to every car McLaren has ever built. I suppose that's different to EA having exclusive rights to Porsche and Automaniax being able to use them too, though, so I might be wrong. Maybe the Porsche license EA has is no longer exclusive, after all they're in Forza 4. I really don't know, I'm getting confused!

So much for automaniax. I was really expecting a lot from them, given the kind of hype they built.

One thing I'm bored of is people that keep saying here and on VirtualR "bla bla, this is just one side of the story". The undeniable parts of the story here are that they released a trailer that had images from SMS Madness Engine and they had a hospitality simrig at Hockenheimring with an rFactor mod. Everyone can see it. It's a truth that's there for everyone to see. How can you further defend aX or how can they justify themselves?

I try to be as reasonable as possible, specially given that I supported aX because I thought they would give us a great project, but they can't get out of this one. Their silence only makes things worse.

No what he said was they have no contract with them and that their lawyers would be looking into the situation. Ian Bell was smart enough not to accuse them of anything. Maybe everyone else should do the same until all the facts are known.

Last edited:
fatkrakr
No what he said was they have no contract with them and that their lawyers would be looking into the situation. Ian Bell was smart enough not to accuse them of anything. Maybe everyone else should do the same until all the facts are known.

Ian Bell already said that is his teams work in the trailer, no money, no contracts, nothing. I don't see how that isn't accusing them of copyright infringement.

Yeah but its just a video. Its not a demo or anything else. I dont know if porsche is invloved (it was said in this thread they are), but if they are Im sure porsche kept some rights to the pics and videos to use as they please. Everyone is all worked up and making wild assumptions. You dont think they have lawyers also? If they didnt have the right to use the video Im sure there lawyer would of told them to pull the video. That hasnt happened though, why do you think that is? 💡

Back