Automatic Blip and Automatic clutchPS4 

• Thread starter FinnZevo
  • 19 comments
United States
Tour Bus
DKGuitarstar
Finn Zevo
Can someone please tell me what this is?Should I have it on?,I'm using a t300 rs wheel with stock pedals,no clutch pedal and only have the paddles on the wheel.

Can someone please tell me what this is?Should I have it on?,I'm using a t300 rs wheel with stock pedals,no clutch pedal and only have the paddles on the wheel.
You can leave them switched on, as with your current setup you would not be able to take advantage of them.

Auto clutch allows you to not need to use the clutch pedal if you have one and auto blip will blip the throttle for you when you down shift with manual clutch. With it switched off you would need to heel and toe.

You can leave them switched on, as with your current setup you would not be able to take advantage of them.

Auto clutch allows you to not need to use the clutch pedal if you have one and auto blip will blip the throttle for you when you down shift with manual clutch. With it switched off you would need to heel and toe.
Cool,thanks for explaining this to me.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :)

Trust me, one should try turning Auto-Blip OFF. It's a much better experience, even using only paddle shifters and without a clutch pedal. Look here for more info.

This is even more true in AC, which tends to miss the automatic blip timing and/or not give enough of it.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :)

Trust me, one should try turning Auto-Blip OFF. It's a much better experience, even using only paddle shifters and without a clutch pedal. Look here for more info.

This is even more true in AC, which tends to miss the automatic blip timing and/or not give enough of it.
Ah must confess never run AC without a shifter and clutch.

I'd recommend leaving them on if you're only using paddles, otherwise some cars will do strange revving between gear shifts if you don't lift and blip manually. If you're driving a car that came from the factory with flappy paddles it's fine, but with anything else auto clutch and auto blip are pretty much necessary in my experience.

and auto blip will blip the throttle for you when you down shift with manual clutch. With it switched off you would need to heel and toe.

I've never got this to work when using the h-gate and clutch, it either does nothing or it doesn't do it right. I heel/toe every day in my real car but never been able to get comfortable with it on the sim rig so I tried using auto-blip but it doesn't seem to work in this instance, still have to rev match or else I light up the rears when downshifting. I really wish it worked because then I could use the clutch and h-gate, but as it stands those are a novelty that I only use on rare occasions when I'm just fooling around and don't care about my performance.

I'd recommend leaving them on if you're only using paddles, otherwise some cars will do strange revving between gear shifts if you don't lift and blip manually. If you're driving a car that came from the factory with flappy paddles it's fine, but with anything else auto clutch and auto blip are pretty much necessary in my experience.

I've never got this to work when using the h-gate and clutch, it either does nothing or it doesn't do it right. I heel/toe every day in my real car but never been able to get comfortable with it on the sim rig so I tried using auto-blip but it doesn't seem to work in this instance, still have to rev match or else I light up the rears when downshifting. I really wish it worked because then I could use the clutch and h-gate, but as it stands those are a novelty that I only use on rare occasions when I'm just fooling around and don't care about my performance.
I'm fortunate in that regard, heel and toe feels very natural and comfortable on my rig.

I can do heel-toe with my G29 but it hurts my bare feet hitting the pedal with the side of the foot like that. Best to wear thin shoes or slippers of some kind to spread out the pressure of applied force.

I can do heel-toe with my G29 but it hurts my bare feet hitting the pedal with the side of the foot like that. Best to wear thin shoes or slippers of some kind to spread out the pressure of applied force.

Yup.. I have a worn down old pair of chucks, they are as thin as racing shoes. They feel perfect.

I absolutely love AC for the fact i can actually heel and toe successfully
After years of missed shifts with the dodgy clutch in gran tourismo

Does the auto clutch setting even work properly on PS4? Turn it off and the HUD still shows clutch engagement despite there being no clutch-assigned command for the DS4 controller, which I use. I can also shift gears without getting transmission damage when auto clutch is set to off. It always seems to be on regardless of the on/off setting. For some other strange reason, the HUD doesn't show clutch engangement on upshifts, only when downshifting, driving slow in the higher gears and when parking the car. Is there any way I can easily tell whether it's working correctly without a pedal?

Does the auto clutch setting even work properly on PS4? Turn it off and the HUD still shows clutch engagement despite there being no clutch-assigned command for the DS4 controller, which I use. I can also shift gears without getting transmission damage when auto clutch is set to off. It always seems to be on regardless of the on/off setting. For some other strange reason, the HUD doesn't show clutch engangement on upshifts, only when downshifting, driving slow in the higher gears and when parking the car. Is there any way I can easily tell whether it's working correctly without a pedal?

I wonder if when it detects you're using a controller then it automatically engages auto-clutch regardless of what you have it set to? I'd think it would be necessary with a controller. I'm still not entirely sure what it is or how it works, I can drive any car in the game with it deactivated and it doesn't cause any problems other than over-revving a bit on old cars between shifts if I don't lift and blip.

I have my racing slippers for that.
fomula-2_small.jpg

;)

My wife started to complain why I wear out so much sport socks. That started since I race with the metal T3PA and Assetto Corsa. I still have to find a better solution. I like the idea of e.g. tactical gloves when I ride my bike but then tactical socks with extra cushions on the side.

I wonder if when it detects you're using a controller then it automatically engages auto-clutch regardless of what you have it set to? I'd think it would be necessary with a controller.

Maybe, but in that case it shouldn't be possible to choose a setting a all. Otherwise it's just confusing.

I'm still not entirely sure what it is or how it works, I can drive any car in the game with it deactivated and it doesn't cause any problems other than over-revving a bit on old cars between shifts if I don't lift and blip.

That's what I get when turning off auto-blip. You're saying the clutch adds to this effect? I'd expect some kind of gradual damage to the transmission.

That's what I get when turning off auto-blip. You're saying the clutch adds to this effect? I'd expect some kind of gradual damage to the transmission.

Like I said, it's still a mystery to me. 99% of the time I drive with paddles or sequential, and I know that if I drive an older car with auto clutch and auto blip off then it over-revs between upshifts and downshifts (basically like if you're shifting in a real car and don't lift off the throttle between shifts). If I turn auto clutch and auto blip on it doesn't over-rev between shifts. I rarely run with damage on anything higher than 20% so I don't know if the transmission would get damaged.

Can anyone confirm whether AC has transmission damage when shifting gears without engaging the clutch at the 100% damage setting?

Another question, is automatic rev-matching modelled in some of the modern cars fitted with manual transmissions? With auto-blip off, I get an undesirable spike in revs whenever I try to blip downshifts in cars like the Porsche 911 R and the Ford Mustang. Both of these cars a fitted with manual transmissions in AC, so did Kunos recreate any possible rev-matching technologies?

Like I said, it's still a mystery to me. 99% of the time I drive with paddles or sequential, and I know that if I drive an older car with auto clutch and auto blip off then it over-revs between upshifts and downshifts (basically like if you're shifting in a real car and don't lift off the throttle between shifts). If I turn auto clutch and auto blip on it doesn't over-rev between shifts. I rarely run with damage on anything higher than 20% so I don't know if the transmission would get damaged.

Have you tried the combination of having auto clutch on but auto blip off and vice versa? This might help narrow down the culprit causing the over-revs.

In contrast to what you described, having auto-blip on makes a few cars over-rev for me, such as the Ford GT40. I just checked again to be sure and the revs flew up against the limiter at upshifts. For this reason I do not use auto-blipping at all. Besides and as @35mm pointed out above, manual blipping gives more control of how the car responds to shifting. Basically, some cars over-rev for me when I toggle on auto-cluch and auto-blip. For some strange reason it's the opposite outcome of what you experience.

Can anyone confirm whether AC has transmission damage when shifting gears without engaging the clutch at the 100% damage setting?

Another question, is automatic rev-matching modelled in some of the modern cars fitted with manual transmissions? With auto-blip off, I get an undesirable spike in revs whenever I try to blip downshifts in cars like the Porsche 911 R and the Ford Mustang. Both of these cars a fitted with manual transmissions in AC, so did Kunos recreate any possible rev-matching technologies?

Have you tried the combination of having auto clutch on but auto blip off and vice versa? This might help narrow down the culprit causing the over-revs.

In contrast to what you described, having auto-blip on makes a few cars over-rev for me, such as the Ford GT40. I just checked again to be sure and the revs flew up against the limiter at upshifts. For this reason I do not use auto-blipping at all. Besides and as @35mm pointed out above, manual blipping gives more control of how the car responds to shifting. Basically, some cars over-rev for me when I toggle on auto-cluch and auto-blip. For some strange reason it's the opposite outcome of what you experience.
Yep, you can damage the transmission in that way.

Back