Automatic gears will not change

• Thread starter BillDoor
  • 22 comments
BillDoor1975
Haven't played this in ages but just having a go now and the gears won't change up. It's hitting the red line and I can't seem to find anyway to change the gears. The settings are on auto.
Any suggestions please (apart from using manual)
This is infuriating

Haven't played this in ages but just having a go now and the gears won't change up. It's hitting the red line and I can't seem to find anyway to change the gears. The settings are on auto.
This is infuriating
Not without a video or some more details, I'm afraid.

So you are going into driving options, just before the race start, and changing the transmission from manual to automatic?

Maybe there's like CVT you drive there which would display 'D' like in the older games instead of the usual gear because of that characteristic? Or does it display the gear you're in to?

How does a new controller make automatic gears work again when you don't need to press a button to make them change? :confused:

Am I reading this wrong? Have I got the wrong end of the (gear)stick?
No clue, all I know is it didn't work before, despite trying on several occasions. As soon as I try a new one, it works.

Must be because the throttle isn`t fully accelerating so not getting to the speed to change for an auto..my trigger R2 button fully pressed was only registering about 50%..

Must be because the throttle isn`t fully accelerating so not getting to the speed to change for an auto..my trigger R2 button fully pressed was only registering about 50%..
You'd surely notice that? And the thread would be: "Why isn't the throttle working?" instead of Automatic gears not changing :S

Very confusing thread but at least it's sorted. Always worth checking & confirming in the Driving Options, sometimes it can change unbeknownst to you (for example doing a License or Mission event in Campaign).

This is infuriating

Hello all,

When we choose automatic gear in the game, is it possible to the gear up and down?

Hello all,

When we choose automatic gear in the game, is it possible to the gear up and down?
You can force a downshift by trail braking which slows you down, or tapping the parking brake. I hate the way the Automatics downshift... Not realistic like any real car. It bogs down when it should be kicking down a gear.

Back