GT HP Nut :____________2
NISM0_SKYLINE :______1
AOS- :________________1
Venom800tt :__________1
LongbowX :____________1
Apok :_________________0

Congratulations to GTP_Dutchy!

img_5590-jpg.759855

Thank you to all who voted, and for those who entered!

Competition 101

37269909372_e76630e851_o.jpg

Theme chosen by GTP_Dutchy

THEME: In their words: "Black and White."

36763596436_9389fbb68c_o.jpg

• Editing: Levels, Curves, Colour Balance, Brightness/Contrast, Hue/Saturation, Shadows/Highlight adjustments, Cropping, or anything else capable in the development process or with filters and common special lenses (such as gradients) are allowed to be used in Photoshop or other image editing softwares. Other adjustments and effects are not allowed to be used in your picture. You may also use Unsharp Mask.

• Photographs should ideally include some composition and effect - Base the photo on a studio shoot, or even use diorama/composition to create a realistic setting (you could position the model and camera in such a way in an outside setting so that it appears to be a 'real' car)
  • No HDR shots.
  • Shots must be taken between January 2015 and the present day.
  • Work that has been shown previously (outside of the competition) is allowed.
  • One entry per competition. You may change your entry as many times as you wish, however the entry you wish to submit should clearly be labelled with "Final Entry".
  • Pictures posted should preferably be around 900px on their longest edge. You may link to a larger photograph in the post (I believe this is the size limit allowed by the Photography forum, however it likely hasn't been updated in some time)
  • All scales of model are allowed unless specified.

36763596246_74c3f2d170_o.jpg

Deadline for each bi-weekly competition will be 10:00pm EST on a Monday, poll will be up by 10:30pm EST
Voting will close on Saturday at 10:30pm EST

This competition will close on September 24th.

Final Entry
IMG_8076.jpg

"Barnfind"
Canon 600D(T3i) - Canon 24-70mm F4 L USM - @24mm - F4.5 - 1/100 - ISO100
Hey guys I had a go today to get something on the board. I though it might me cool if i'd show how I came to my picture.

Usually i get an idea when strolling around on instagram, pinterest or google image searches. This time it was this picture that gave me a starting point.
Knipsel.PNG

I really love the light in this picture. Its just enough to set loose the car from the background and see its beautiful lines. I could spend hours daydreaming looking at this picture. It would be a dream to have this view in my garage. that was were the idea of a "Barnfind" struck me.

I recently moved houses and after that i picked up a crate with scale model cars at my dad's place where i'd stored them for quite some time. most of them are very dusty so that fitted the theme. Also i've got some boxes laying around which I could use as a barn.

Since it's an dual layered box i could make 2 doors
IMG_20180923_123503.jpg

And made a gap for the camera
IMG_20180923_123443.jpgIMG_20180923_123436.jpg

IMG_20180923_123426.jpg

I've tried using the "doors"but was not happy with the result. It didn't have the barn feel. I think it looks what you'd expect it to look like an cardboard box.
IMG_8055.jpgIMG_8058.jpg

So i went back to the drawing board and visualised how i would make an barnfind in my head. for me its going in to a dark wooden barn which hasn't been touched in ages the builiding has had some wear and tear and is not weatherproof anymore. Thats when i came up with the concept for the final picture.

Editing
I bumped contrast and the removed as much light as posibble so only a few lines (and a bit of dust) are visible and give that feel of opening a dusty barn with just a shimmer of light beaming through the cracks in the wood. Although i shot it at iso 100 i bumped clarity a bit (~15 to 25 depending on the picture) to give it that grainy raw feeling that suits the style i'm going for here.

Some other results out of that series of pictures
IMG_8082.jpg IMG_8077.jpg IMG_8085.jpg

Also tried adding in flower but i'm not skilled enough with this yet. as you can see it was way too much to be convincing
IMG_8097.jpg IMG_8100.jpg IMG_8104.jpg IMG_8110.jpg

Hope you guys liked the little write up.
If you have any questions, tips or tricks? please let me know.

Happy shooting,

Kevin

Last edited:
@Casey You like to live dangerously.
At least he managed to get an entry in... :indiff:

I’ve already taken pics for this competition, and I was picking between the different pics to see which was most suitable at 4 in the morning, hoping that I can choose one and get an entry in (or at least ask if you can extend it to tomorrow) before I sleep, only to doze off until the afternoon. :guilty::ouch:

It has to be 4am because I don’t have the time to do it before, and I don’t think I can do it the next day.

@GT HP Nut That is a truly awful time to be working on photos! I'm sorry, if I had known I would have delayed it of course. I appreciate your dedication to the contest.

I miss the GTPlanet feature where you could see who was viewing the thread (though it might not have helped in this case), as I could see if someone was going to sneak in an entry at the last moment.

@GT HP Nut That is a truly awful time to be working on photos! I'm sorry, if I had known I would have delayed it of course. I appreciate your dedication to the contest.

I miss the GTPlanet feature where you could see who was viewing the thread (though it might not have helped in this case), as I could see if someone was going to sneak in an entry at the last moment.
It most definitely is not your fault. It’s more like a mistake on my own to not post here and ask if an extension was possible instead of trying to pick and post the entry so late.

There’s always next time though. :)

Back